Recent Topics

Ads

New returning player need help

Let's talk about... everything else
Senlui

Re: New returning player need help

Post#11 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:18 pm

Welcome back! BGs and DoKs are great fun to play. If you want kiting, then a Squig Herder or a Shadow Warrior are really good. Or anything DPSy with range. I have reasonable success with kiting with my sorceress, although roaming the battlefield in strips of cloth does have its price. Naturally I'm biased towards Isha's children, corrupt or otherwise! Have a go at a number of classes, then find one that you enjoy the most - they meets your play style.

Ads
Icedust

Post#12 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:55 pm

IM thinking of going on a healer Will try the WP or dok any one having a compering to this two

monster

Post#13 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:36 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:14 pm
Click here to watch on YouTube
I pulled this from another topic. Pretty fun to watch and see the class played well. The DoK will perform similarly, might have slightly more DPS but it's negligible in a setting like this.

Icedust

Post#14 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:51 pm

As IM a new returning player are both in need or what side is most in need of a healer. And are the WP/dok the one to go or are Ther better ones?

ToXoS

Post#15 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:00 pm

If by "solo play" you mean solo ganking, then consider Witch Hunter or Witch Elf.
From my experience with these two, WH is a better pick overall. I play almost exclusively solo, and imho WH is the best class of the game for that.
It has everything you need: stealth, better dueling tools than WE (100% parry, a lot of nice free tactics that you just need to swap according to your target) and better burst thanks to Burn away lies ( on a squishy: 1800 BaL ticks + 1300 torment + last tick of BaL 2K+ = god tier)
(From what I saw, WE can achieve a quicker burst thanks to Witchbrew, but that is only if you jump on a target with already a full stack of Witchbrew).
Also, because WH is in order side, you have the upper hand against more classes than a WE. As a WH you don't have to deal with WL (another very good and popular solo class) or Slayer with Rampage, and that 100% disrupt works against magus, while WE has to deal with engie, which can only be dodged.
These may not seem like a lot of difference between WH and WE, but to me it was quite noticeable.
Pls don't mistake this post for a whine, I was just talking about my opinion and experience, Destro has a lot of good solo classes too besides WE.

Icedust

Post#16 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:30 pm

What i mean solo is that IM not a hardcore player any more and have a famaly life and cant have raid timmes and only can play when wife and children are in bed. But IM going to play sc rvr and pve and pvp in grup aswell but i will join in as solo

monster

Post#17 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:28 pm

Icedust wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:30 pm What i mean solo is that IM not a hardcore player any more and have a famaly life and cant have raid timmes and only can play when wife and children are in bed. But IM going to play sc rvr and pve and pvp in grup aswell but i will join in as solo
To kindof answer your questions. It's mostly left up to debate. Some will say this class, some will say that class. I've seen all healers do VERY well in SC and rvr so it's all down to which one you want to play.
-Shamans/AM are mobile and can cast a lot while moving, have shields.
-WP/DoK have quick casts and strong aoe heals, high armor, and a mele spec if you get bored.
-RP/ZL longer cast times but good single target burst healing, decent AOE heal, not as good as WP

I've done top healing as all of them and lost top healing to all of them so they are all great.

Icedust

Post#18 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:35 am

So what side is most fun to play on.same anount of player on the side. And is healer needed or

Ads
DanielWinner

Post#19 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:39 am

Icedust wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:35 am So what side is most fun to play on.same anount of player on the side. And is healer needed or
Both sides are fun to play. Both have pretty same amount of players but destruction is a bit more comfortable to play. Give those evil guys two or three healers and they will stomp everything (regarding Scenarios).
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Berzar

Post#20 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:03 pm

Hey Icedust,

I'm always happy to give some advice or answer questions, if you're order side feel free to hit me up in game on my Bright Wizard - Zarbix.
Zarbix - RR84 Bright Wizard / Zarrbix - RR82 Sorcerer / TheZarbix - RR80 Squig Herder / Zarbbix - RR73 White Lion / TheZarrbix - RR60 Archmage

Come watch and join the community!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/thezarbix

YouTube: https://bit.ly/2rHL8uw