Recent Topics

Ads

Balancingteam, Developers and the community

Let's talk about... everything else
Kabuterimonga
Suspended

Re: Balancingteam, Developers and the community

Post#41 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:46 pm

This server has the wrong Devs and GMs, you guys have a great game and are not even near to what it can be if managed in different ways. Too much drama, ego problems and boring attitudes. Not enthusiastic enough. Yes, you can dislike my point of view and better yet just ignore me.
Kabuterimon RR 109
Kabuchop RR 101
Kabusquig RR 92
Tentomon RR 86

Ads
zgolec

Post#42 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:52 pm

lefze wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:32 pm
Spoiler:
Greenbeast wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:41 pm
wonshot wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:44 pm

Didnt see this was crossed over before now, so does this mean that there have been changes on the team. After reading the slightly confusing conclution on the pre implimentation WL topic that is now locked.

So far seems like I was right in my fear about nothing would actually ever change, and it was just empty words and wasted hours from the good people involved. :(
Come fight us on Wednesdays and Sundays. Leave them Devs alone for a while. Order needs more competitive guilds and alliances right now.
I personally miss a good fight with DnD.
Pretty much what the "balance team" decided to do.
Yup. "Balancing" order to oblivion seems the thing now ;)
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Detroit

Post#43 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:35 pm

Pardon my intrusion and language.
Its all comes to whining about unfairness - balance- unbalace.

Proposal: let players choose any class for any side of conflict. Just make them look appropriately.

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#44 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:53 pm

Natherul wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:48 am To address this shortly it can be summed up with a few sentences:

Slowing down of things in patch notes are due to working on coming things not yet ready, the restructure, loosing any member of staff means that things slows down and that we have been preoccupied with RL as well (this period of studies for me in particular is stressful).

Performance has been an issue for some time yes but the most recent issues should have been addressed by now (dont get me wrong, its not where we want to be in a long way).

The reversion of the changes to WL was down to 2 things, first being a massive loss of WL players showing their displeasure with the changes done and secondly the rest of the team did not like the butchering of the career that was done (removing the real "mechanic" of the career and slapping on maras mechanic to it).

The gearset is due to the same reason as everything else slowing down.

EDIT:
And just to mention shotly the crashing that happened in the middle of the night 2 days in a row now (EU time) is down to a backup script that we implemented, this is hopefully getting fixed today so it wont crash the server again.
Thx for the reply Nath as usual or most of the time, always there to provide a fast\clear anwser to all /cheer

BUT the part about the WL; IM SORRY but this is clearly what a small, a very small hand of the server want and clearly not the community. Sadly, the balance still strong on one side of the "community".
]

oaliaen

Post#45 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:25 pm

what i can conclude from all of this. In a 1 year ago when only destro got nerf noone complained.. so things were ok and destro players adapted to that. Now when order is getting nerfed to really make balance to the game ppl are stoping to play. Maybe now whit the last balance push ( priority list ) things turn normal and can follow the way again. or not.

Greenbeast

Post#46 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:26 pm

Spoiler:
lefze wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:32 pm
Spoiler:
Greenbeast wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:41 pm
wonshot wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:44 pm

Didnt see this was crossed over before now, so does this mean that there have been changes on the team. After reading the slightly confusing conclution on the pre implimentation WL topic that is now locked.

So far seems like I was right in my fear about nothing would actually ever change, and it was just empty words and wasted hours from the good people involved. :(
Come fight us on Wednesdays and Sundays. Leave them Devs alone for a while. Order needs more competitive guilds and alliances right now.
I personally miss a good fight with DnD.
Pretty much what the "balance team" decided to do.
We have had similar issues almost for 2 months in summer as 8 bright wizard warbands bombed us faster then our mdps reached enemy front line. How many seconds did they need to reach m2? 2-3? That was truly balanced indeed. :roll: And by the way I think it was wrong to remove damaging M2 from marauders and bw. Morales weren't a problem, morale pumps of some classes were.
Interrupting a channeling spell on front line melee dps require a exceptional skill these days tho!
I agree that order need more flexibility in warband compositions.

Saltos

Post#47 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:02 am

Kabuterimonga wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:46 pm This server has the wrong Devs and GMs, you guys have a great game and are not even near to what it can be if managed in different ways. Too much drama, ego problems and boring attitudes. Not enthusiastic enough. Yes, you can dislike my point of view and better yet just ignore me.
The 'now' isn't as worrying as the outlook. Let me pose a few fair and important question here:

How does the staff plan to recruit new coders? On one hand you have terrible PR, on the other hand there's all that contributed to it (i.e. messed up hierachy) - is it really resolved yet?

The vast majority of players don't care much about it, neither could they tell.

Someone joining the project and assuming important roles (not busy work on the peripheries) might be able to tell rather quickly however and I doubt they will stick around if there's even slightest hint at drama or shadowy hierachy looping back to what has surfaced since - inner circles, cliques, overreach and second guessing kill motivation faster than anything else.

Try to assess the situation from an outside perspective, pretend as if you were learning about RoR for the first time - would you, as of now, want to join the project?
I for one would give the game a shot and stick to it for atleast a while, but most certainly not invest myself into it past that.

Also, from a player's perspective, as I didn't have an opportunity to respond:
Yaliskah wrote: Did you miss the part i say :
*it is my personnal PoV ? :)
*I let GM as the competent authority tell the law.
Anarchypark pointed it out:
Anarchypark wrote: this remind me the law class.
previous verdict have some power over current trial.
some country have it, others not.
i think difference between usa law and eu law?

well, i got D iirc. so ignore me :lol:

The following questions are general questions, regard them as such, please.
i) Who composed the ruleset?
ii) Are the rules being enforced justly (i.e. without exception)?
ii.a) Is the concept of precedence relevant?
ii.b) Who enforces rules against staff members?
iii) How many arbiters are there (i.e. who is actively performing the role)?

Neither walking on eggshells, nor interpreting broad, obscure rules and arbitration are particularly enjoyable endeavours.
I am particularly fond of the golden rule, consistency and clarity.
The avatar of Salt and Shitlord'ery.
Take me seriously and you'll lose your mind, matey.

peterthepan3

Post#48 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:46 am

davispeed wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:53 pm
Natherul wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:48 am To address this shortly it can be summed up with a few sentences:

Slowing down of things in patch notes are due to working on coming things not yet ready, the restructure, loosing any member of staff means that things slows down and that we have been preoccupied with RL as well (this period of studies for me in particular is stressful).

Performance has been an issue for some time yes but the most recent issues should have been addressed by now (dont get me wrong, its not where we want to be in a long way).

The reversion of the changes to WL was down to 2 things, first being a massive loss of WL players showing their displeasure with the changes done and secondly the rest of the team did not like the butchering of the career that was done (removing the real "mechanic" of the career and slapping on maras mechanic to it).

The gearset is due to the same reason as everything else slowing down.

EDIT:
And just to mention shotly the crashing that happened in the middle of the night 2 days in a row now (EU time) is down to a backup script that we implemented, this is hopefully getting fixed today so it wont crash the server again.
Thx for the reply Nath as usual or most of the time, always there to provide a fast\clear anwser to all /cheer

BUT the part about the WL; IM SORRY but this is clearly what a small, a very small hand of the server want and clearly not the community. Sadly, the balance still strong on one side of the "community".
"Sorry" but that's a load of rubbish. While our actual approach may not have been the best/most favourable in some people's eyes, our intentions were nothing but honest in trying to give a class a function within warband settings. So if trying to make a class work in the main aspect of the game is considered 'appealing to a very small hand of the server', then in the words of Martin Luther: 'Here I stand. I can do no other'.

Ads
FinduilAsuryan

Post#49 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:49 am

Ptp i agree with your good intentions. But the outcome was ..well.. strange.
It gave us the impression of an actual democratic process ... and then back to a dictatorial "it has been decided"... theories run wild...
Finduil WL 40 /81
Hakatri SM 40/80
Alqua AM 40/69
Xinduil SW 40/54

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#50 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:28 am

Ok lets address the elephant in the room about the WL balance topic.

The problem was that from the outset the rules was that tweaks were to be done and not major reworks, this in combination with removing career mechanics for an entire mastery tree was what caused the friction.

Now Ill be the first to admit that it should have been addressed before being posted on the forum but it was not.

I think everyone on the team is/was hoping that it was all done in regards to reworking rules and departments but as you can see its an ongoing process.

And as for joining the project as a coder ofc I might be biased due to my position but I would do it in a heartbeat for the time that I have available as I love the game. Sure there are times where someone is asked to not do something or in some cases do something they may not like at the consensus of the leads. But I dont see any project working without leadership in this manner.