Recent Topics

Ads

WH vs SM

Let's talk about... everything else
Allistarj

WH vs SM

Post#1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:10 pm

Hello ROR community.

I'v alwayes had a problem chosing what to play in mmos. its a old habbit from way back when i played this on live and wow.

so i narrowed it down to

WH

or

SM (full dmg)

im usually a soloroamer or i duo with a friend.
I really do preffer the SM. but i cant see my self spending 200 + hours in PUG Sc's for getting the offensive gear.

So my question is :

in my position, would the SM really be worth it getting full offensive geared? or would i have as much fun on my WH? (keeping in mind that i most enjoy open RVR.

please some input! so i can get passed this point and focus on one char.

Ads
rmpl

Re: WH vs SM

Post#2 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:28 pm

WH for solo/roam duh

Allistarj

Post#3 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:29 pm

rmpl wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:28 pm WH for solo/roam duh

ty for the imput :)!

Ugle

Post#4 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:49 pm

You won't have enough burst to kill things fast on SM, if you're ok with that the SM can be built tanky with good dmg for solo and duoroam.
inactive

Charon

Post#5 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:13 pm

For raw dmg and if we consider only ability to kill others - wh.
But wh become more and more one dimensional those days when sm might give you more good gameplay options - mass rvr, pve, 6-man, and still providing good dmg as assist 2h tank.
Important aspect might be also leveling period. As lonely wh you will suffer much more pain than 2h sm.
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

Martok

Post#6 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:59 pm

Witch Hunters can be fun to play however if versatility matters I suggest playing the 2H SM. Yeah, the SC grinds can be tedious at times, but if you enjoy playing the class then just enjoy playing the class and time will provide.

In addition you can be successful in building and playing the solo spec. You won't be very popular, as most expect you to be nothing more than a guard-bot and if you won't play that way every minute of every session then you suck. But a good two hand build allows you to play however you want, as part of a six man group or part of a warband or out on your own. Be offensive minded, because if you are not going to be aggressive and play to win then what is the point.

If you want an idea of how the class plays and/or can be played go here and watch just the first five minutes or so of this video:

Click here to watch on YouTube

The seven minute thirty second mark of Mortal Combat begins a series of solo fights as well.

For an example of the 2h SM as part of a six-man group begin this video at the nine minute mark:

Click here to watch on YouTube
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

anarchypark

Post#7 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:21 pm

orvr is big game.
everything is mass. dmg and heal.
in big battle, full dps SM will melt so can't kill.
you have to search small fights.
at which WH are better.
also kill faster.
also gear up in orvr.

ps. It's biased opinion, i don't like dps tank.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)