Recent Topics

Ads

Exp is too slow.

Let's talk about... everything else
megatweed

Exp is too slow.

Post#1 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:24 pm

Can we increase exp given from winning scenario exp by like 2x? It is extremely slow... I have won like 30 scenarios and I am only level 12.... Also the queue for scenarios is slow, so more exp incentive might bring in more people. I don't see a negative aspect of this change. You can normalize the exp earnings around level 30 or 40 if you want, but why keep it so slow in early game? That acts as a deterrent from new players who might otherwise become long term commitment players but are discouraged when they get owned by geared players, and see the long exp grind as hopelessly too slow. Players who are already end game and fully geared have advantages over us noobs so allowing us to catch up would make a more fair and fun playing field. Any thoughts?

Ads
FinalTidus21

Re: Exp is too slow.

Post#2 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:29 pm

megatweed wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:24 pm Can we increase exp given from winning scenario exp by like 2x? It is extremely slow... I have won like 30 scenarios and I am only level 12.... Also the queue for scenarios is slow, so more exp incentive might bring in more people. I don't see a negative aspect of this change. You can normalize the exp earnings around level 30 or 40 if you want, but why keep it so slow in early game? That acts as a deterrent from new players who might otherwise become long term commitment players but are discouraged when they get owned by geared players, and see the long exp grind as hopelessly too slow. Players who are already end game and fully geared have advantages over us noobs so allowing us to catch up would make a more fair and fun playing field. Any thoughts?
Hi,

IMO, exp is too fast. You have won 30 scenarios and you are done with 30% of the ranks. However, rank alone isn't the only factor in this game, renown rank is one too. You will find your renown rank will take much longer, and your rank of 40 was just to give you tools to play with while leveling your renown rank.

There are gear vendor merchants you can get gear as rewards from scs, that has leveled the playing field for me in T1.

My final thought is that you're going to need renown rank in the end. You'll have other thoughts when you're rank 31.

Cheers.
"We all know shepherds don't like the sheep. They either want to **** them or fleece them... or eat them."

-Christopher Hitchens regarding "free work"

Sulorie

Post#3 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:56 pm

Players with endgame gear have only an easy advantage, when the low rank players wear gear too bad for their rank. Work on your item quality and general player skill and it will become easier.
Dying is no option.

megatweed

Post#4 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:48 am

Huh? I have less abilities than other players in pvp...at this rate my friends and I probably wont grind out to end game level. I am not even sure how gear applies but I have no gear bc I just started the game. The pvp is fun but if it takes 20 scenarios or rvrs to get 3 levels...thats way too slow. I am here bc my one friend already quit when he saw how slow the exp is. I dont care about renown. I am talking about leveling up. Also we dont have time to grind pve for 4 hours every day for 3 weeks. We have souls. I dont see how you can say exp is too fast? At this rate if i login and pvp for 3 hours everyday like ive been doing. I wont reach level 30 until mid april. Boooorinh no thanks. Please fix the exp.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#5 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:53 am

megatweed wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:48 am Huh? I have less abilities than other players in pvp...at this rate my friends and I probably wont grind out to end game level. I am not even sure how gear applies but I have no gear bc I just started the game. The pvp is fun but if it takes 20 scenarios or rvrs to get 3 levels...thats way too slow. I am here bc my one friend already quit when he saw how slow the exp is. I dont care about renown. I am talking about leveling up. Also we dont have time to grind pve for 4 hours every day for 3 weeks. We have souls. I dont see how you can say exp is too fast? At this rate if i login and pvp for 3 hours everyday like ive been doing. I wont reach level 30 until mid april. Boooorinh no thanks. Please fix the exp.
It takes about 40 hours to reach 40. There's ways to do it faster (PvE, Quests, PQ's), there's ways to slow down your XP to keep your Renown Rank higher (Scenarios, RvR).

What Sulorie is referring to is Bolster. It's a mechanic in RvR that gives players an 8 level advantage over R40 players, provided you have gear close to your rank. In the capital city there are vendors that you can buy relatively cheap gear that requires your renown rank to be close to your rank. As long as you wear decent gear and get rid of your old stuff (5 levels or so below your rank) your lack of abilities will be compensated for by a boost in damage and survivability.

Once you reach R32, this bonus goes away and you begin the final grind to R40. During this time there are several objectives to aim for. Ruin is earned from T4 PQ's and serves as a good starting point for end game set armor. There are also 3 Epic Quest chains that will earn you some very respectable weapons. Players are typically able to go from 32-40 simply going after these two objectives. Finding a group for them is required for several steps, which is very good practice as you come into the end-game. There's also the Beastlord questline that is targeted at R40 players, but is a significant upgrade over Ruin. You can find all of these things on the wiki linked at the top of the forums.

We occasionally do X2 RR/XP weekends, but we're not going to be increasing leveling speed in general any further.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Nidwin

Post#6 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:48 am

megatweed wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:48 am We have souls.
That's not possible as there's no such thing as a soul, except in mythology, fantasy and bronze age literature.

As for the xp gain everything has alreay been explained by other to you.
If you don't like how it is then may be this game isn't going to be it for you megatweed.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

xanderous

Post#7 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:28 am

The only issue i see with experience gain is the getting from level 37 - 40 which is a bit of grind, levels bellow it is fine, that being said its not really issue to do quests and such, actually i think the amount of xp you gain is more so than you use to.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

TanithScout

Post#8 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:09 am

I'll make a guide at some point, but to level fast you need to find a second class in lfg, usually a healer or aoe dps, and grind mobs. RvR while levelling is great but NOT a good way to get exp. The occasional SC to eliminate the boredom of mob grinding and keep RR up is all that you should do if you wanna level fast.

You level faster in a complimentary duo grinding mobs.
Qonrad, the knave of Nagarythe, Ghost of the Garior.

Imperial, Myrmidia's Chosen

Live: Karak Azgal Guild: They Took Our Jobs (Explicit Content) Char: Neomir/HCTBoom/Jinnz

Ads
anarchypark

Post#9 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:37 pm

you don't have to worry about max lvl BiS players.
I saw 16lvl tanking keep lord where most 40 tanks failed.
player skills come first,
lvl and gears come later when skills are same.
and teamwork matters most.
it's rpg, not moba.
hope you enjoy the journey.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

megatweed

Post#10 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:03 pm

Well that sounds like a lot of trouble. We've all grinded out mmorpgs including this one in years past. It's not a joy anymore. It's redundant. I mean no offense bc I love this game and enjoy the server. 1 of my 3 mates already uninstalled because he stated that 80% of players are end game stacked and he doesn't want to grind for a month to be able to compete with them in pvp on a level playing field. We got into an argument, and thats why I came to this forum pleading. I hear what you're saying about the 8 level damage boost. However, we can't participate in some of the higher pvp content, and the lack of skills when you're low level is underwhelming. My prediction is the rest of us will probably pvp for a week more or two, then I'll give up constantly trying to reaffirm that it's worth the grind to my friends and they will probably leave since it sounds like the exp only gets slower. I'll try to stick around but, I usually go play what my squad goes to, sorry. PVE model experience works in theory when the server is new and 0-50% of the population is end game material. I can't debate my friend and he won and hasn't talked to me since, bc I tried to argue what you're saying, but he's kind of right. grinding pve is boring. and we don't have access to the ultimate fun aspects, your balancing efforts did not win the argument for me lol
Last edited by megatweed on Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.