Recent Topics

Ads

Easy Mode Side ON!

Let's talk about... everything else
DirkDaring

Re: Easy Mode Side ON!

Post#11 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:17 pm

Alfinnete wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:11 pm Reflection of the easy way side.

EU or NA zone time, all day, every day!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmm looks just like it did for 2016, 2017, and most of 2018, except it was mostly Destro, zerging, and controlling the map.

Looks like its working out ok.

Ads
mubbl

Post#12 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:32 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:52 pm Context is missing. Post is dramatic nonsense.

Presented here is that one side logged on with overwhelming numbers and beat the other realm into submission.

This doesn't actually happen.

Winning begets winning, where losing begets logging off and doing something else with your time. If your realm secures a few demoralizing defeats and the enemy logs off, it becomes a snowball effect that is only reversed by players realizing they get jack for fighting while outnumbering the other side.

Additional effects of this are the overwhelming side fighting with less precision, pug attitudes erode the tight warband focus that led to initial victories, significantly reduced rewards as AAO comes into play causes some players to log over to the underdog side.

Eventually after the underdog side finishes their whining in /ad (as is tradition) and actually attempt to take a swing at the zerg, a well composed and organized warband can turn the tides, or at worst soak in some hella sweet renown while trying.

Basically, if you're losing in RvR, take a look around you and ask the question "Is this team good enough to win?", because you probably haven't really tried to make a team that even stands a chance at winning. Pugging is just too easy a habit to fall into.
~20 hours a week "premade" warbands are online make this a dramtic nonsense thread, okay...
AND stop make players refelct themself, i want to enjoy my whine, since cheese doesnt work against 100 people zerg :D

Zod24
Suspended

Post#13 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:33 pm

zergling tears are funny

Zorch

Post#14 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:48 pm

Destros capability to let rams vanish, drive up some Trees, let them fuse to outer walls, or just let them stay in direct Fire is also marvelous..

... But i still love this game!!!

Zorch Shaman 40/51 Cuombajj Magus 20/23
Kebherdyr DoK 26/37
Vortemis Zealot 21/31

oaliaen

Post#15 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:27 pm

will back to normal after event

Daino

Post#16 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:04 pm

Erihon and chezy usually set up 'meta' warbands when they're on, and they run to lock zones and push forts, as I play mostly Order I don't know if destro got the same dedicated WB leaders trying to push zones.

I know that when TUP or Pain and Pleasure run warbands, destro end up winning quite a few zones but usually when it is mostly pug vs pug running, Order does seem to be more efficient.
Stirkk - 40/8x - Kotbs
Stirk - 40/8x - WP
Stirky - 40/7x - BW
Stirkib - 40/6x - IB

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#17 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:54 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:52 pm Context is missing. Post is dramatic nonsense.

Presented here is that one side logged on with overwhelming numbers and beat the other realm into submission.

This doesn't actually happen.

Winning begets winning, where losing begets logging off and doing something else with your time. If your realm secures a few demoralizing defeats and the enemy logs off, it becomes a snowball effect that is only reversed by players realizing they get jack for fighting while outnumbering the other side.

Additional effects of this are the overwhelming side fighting with less precision, pug attitudes erode the tight warband focus that led to initial victories, significantly reduced rewards as AAO comes into play causes some players to log over to the underdog side.

Eventually after the underdog side finishes their whining in /ad (as is tradition) and actually attempt to take a swing at the zerg, a well composed and organized warband can turn the tides, or at worst soak in some hella sweet renown while trying.

Basically, if you're losing in RvR, take a look around you and ask the question "Is this team good enough to win?", because you probably haven't really tried to make a team that even stands a chance at winning. Pugging is just too easy a habit to fall into.
The post is much more to be a sarcastic joke.

Zaxxond

Post#18 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:57 pm

Destro needs Phalanx to return. Hao is Destro's only savior that can turn the tide. He needs to stop F***king off on ESO and return to balance to the realms.

Ads
Collateral

Post#19 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:03 pm

There's no point to return. No challenge is left, just pug zerg after pug zerg. One good wb wouldn't make a huge difference, unless you also blob like ants, which is just super boring after like a couple hours.

And even if destro did get back to their feet, in a short time the situation would turn around, and end up the same as it was 1,5-2 years back, when destro mostly dominated.

There are just no order guilds left that would make roaming interesting. Just 3+ wbs moving as one crushing everything they see. Now there are a number of reasons to this, but I believe the most important one is that order wb composition is just boring cookie-cutter 8 bw bombing like no tommorow. There's virtually no reason to take any other class over bw, only maybe slayer and engi.

The situation is not much better on destro. Sorc and mara are meta, with other classes being there just for some shenanigans. Sh and sw were completely gutted. Choppa and slayer are okish I guess.

I really hope the balance team are thinking about some changes. Also, something has to be done about tiers. The merging was good for a while, but now it's more and more apparent that it greatly reduced the quality of rvr. Well at least that's how I feel.

davispeed
Game Artist

Post#20 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:16 pm

Collateral wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:03 pm There's no point to return. No challenge is left, just pug zerg after pug zerg. One good wb wouldn't make a huge difference, unless you also blob like ants, which is just super boring after like a couple hours.

And even if destro did get back to their feet, in a short time the situation would turn around, and end up the same as it was 1,5-2 years back, when destro mostly dominated.

There are just no order guilds left that would make roaming interesting. Just 3+ wbs moving as one crushing everything they see. Now there are a number of reasons to this, but I believe the most important one is that order wb composition is just boring cookie-cutter 8 bw bombing like no tommorow. There's virtually no reason to take any other class over bw, only maybe slayer and engi.

The situation is not much better on destro. Sorc and mara are meta, with other classes being there just for some shenanigans. Sh and sw were completely gutted. Choppa and slayer are okish I guess.

I really hope the balance team are thinking about some changes. Also, something has to be done about tiers. The merging was good for a while, but now it's more and more apparent that it greatly reduced the quality of rvr. Well at least that's how I feel.
The whole state of RvR right there!
AMEN
]