Recent Topics

Ads

Can a Vet put up a sticky how too Scenario please :)

Let's talk about... everything else
Koshdino

Can a Vet put up a sticky how too Scenario please :)

Post#1 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:56 am

Could one of you knowledgeable people put up a scenario do's and dont's and sticky it :)
Like always fight on the flag or objective.
Do not attack guys with shields till the DPS and Healers are dead.
Don't engage ride around to objective. etc

This is what 9 out of 10 scenarios look like :)

Please help :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OO27A8xllA

Thank you :)

Ads
Martok

Re: Can a Vet put up a sticky how too Scenario please :)

Post#2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:10 am

These are kind of interesting, and may be of some help:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=26797
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Diomedes8183

Post#3 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:28 am

Not a vet but it seems like you want some general guidelines for SCs. I have reached the point where I find I have to remind some rank 40s and just under to play the objective and not tunnel vision the zerg. It's amazing to me how little tactically minded most folks are. I understand if you're new and have no frame of reference but if you're r40 there is no reason you shouldn't know the scenarios objectives and play to them.

I've also started prefacing scenarios by suggesting that melee be ignored and focus on getting into their back line.
The second you retreat, the tunnel vision kicks in and suddenly everyone is fighting the tanks.

My main is a 2hd SM and I dive the back lines hard in the hopes of leading by example and more often then not it works and we push.

Long winded I know but basically: ignore melee and dive the back lines, play the objective. This works more often then not against other pugs but against any kind of organized group you probably don't want to be as aggressive because you will be focused and you will not survive.

Egoish

Post#4 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:15 am

Well, play the objective is the main thing.

DPS
Learn to assist, even if it's just you as an rdps hitting the same target as a 2h tank it stands a better chance of dying.
Learn the correct target priority, unguarded dps > healers out of position > guarded dps > deep healers > tanks.
Learn to position, kite as rdps, detaunt is a thing. Move in and out as a mdps, again detaunt is a thing.
Tanks
Learn to use punts properly as a tank, aoe punt is to save healers. If you use it in a melee fight you just gave everyone immunity so now that guarded mdps can run around for 30s unkillable.
St punts tanks away from their guard target, rdps into melee range, healers into melee range, etc.
Learn to guard switch as a tank, you can't just guard "your" dps, you need to double guard occasionally if other tank gets punted and if you are solo tank in group for pug sc you need to guard everyone.

Healers
Hots rolling, try to have hots up on your tanks and dps before the fighting starts.
Position, away from the main fight but in reach of assistance vs pouncing wl or stealth we/wh.
Learned to detaunt and move while healing.
Group heals are goid vs pugs but focused healing and hots save lives vs assisting, and even pugs shoould assist.
CC, healers often have very useful staggers and silences, use these on healers as you see the guard being punted to secure kills.

I could probably write more but we're talking pugs right, if people master all that they're probably moving away from pugging.

footpatrol2

Post#5 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:31 am

Make friends.
Learn what a assist key is.
Get on comms.
Positioning is 80% of the game.

Sulorie

Post#6 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:36 am

You can run a flag and avoid all enemies or you can fight other players, your choice.
Dying is no option.

Wiede

Post#7 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:31 am

Sulorie wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:36 am You can run a flag and avoid all enemies or you can fight other players, your choice.
This... either you have fun losing while killing stuff or you're in danger of getting bored running around winning but not fighting anything.

meh

Martok

Post#8 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:45 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:36 amYou can run a flag and avoid all enemies or you can fight other players, your choice.

It is actually possible to do both.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:52 pm

Don't be one of those people who ignore your team just to cap objectives (especially if you're a tank or heal).

Please.

If your team are ignoring the objectives, or if you're overpowering the enemy - sure, go cap! If you are getting hammered, and your team really need their tanks and heals with them - don't be a flag lad.

(Goes without saying that you should cap objectives as a rule of thumb, but not at the expense of your team).

Toonman

Post#10 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:19 pm

You get extra rr when you attacked tanks with shields.