Recent Topics

Ads

2h tanks guard idea

Let's talk about... everything else
SmackdownNinja

Re: 2h tanks guard changes

Post#21 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:08 pm

Sandskid wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:55 am
SmackdownNinja wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:51 am I never said your changes would make SnB tanks more viable in SCs lol. And yes your changes would definitely make 2h tanks less valuable IN RVR. What your not getting is that they didn’t nerf 2h tanks because of RVR but because of SCs. So again, I fail to understand how your suggestion would help anything.
Again, suggested changes would make SnB tanks more viable in oRvR then 2h. As for the scs, they should make SnB tanks more viable (if that is the problem, because I think that noone wants to play SnB in scs because it's just damn boring), rather then nerf 2h, that's my point.
The thing is that SnB tanks are already better than their 2h counterparts in RvR (besides BG) due to HTL. You suggested nerfing HTL, this would actually nerf SnB tanks in RVR, not make them more viable. The whole reason 2h guard was nerfed in the first place was because of SMALL SCALE, and how SnB tanks were not as viable as 2h IN SCS.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

Ads
Tesq

Post#22 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:08 pm

Sandskid wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:55 am
SmackdownNinja wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:51 am I never said your changes would make SnB tanks more viable in SCs lol. And yes your changes would definitely make 2h tanks less valuable IN RVR. What your not getting is that they didn’t nerf 2h tanks because of RVR but because of SCs. So again, I fail to understand how your suggestion would help anything.
Again, suggested changes would make SnB tanks more viable in oRvR then 2h. As for the scs, they should make SnB tanks more viable (if that is the problem, because I think that noone wants to play SnB in scs because it's just damn boring), rather then nerf 2h, that's my point.
Man how make htl restricted to 6 ppl from 9 make it better??????

You are litteraly confused on what help what or is a troll...Also there is NO need of hold the line in sc at all. So why work on that when no one gona use it in any 12vs12 nor even less in 6vs6. Thats the whole point htl is super good in rcr and useless insc and its exatly what should make 2h badder vs rdps in sc which is not happenig.

convexte

Post#23 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:14 pm

SmackdownNinja wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:17 am
Sandskid wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:11 am Hello! I don't like surveys much, because you can't receive feedback from devs, so I've dicided to write my personal opinion here.
I'm playing 2h/shield chosen often, and here are my thoughts:
2h guard of 25% is not an issue atm, with a current classes balance. It'd be better to leave 50% guard for 2h tanks, but change HTL to affect party members only. This would motivate WB leaders to take only shield tanks in oRvR/forts but leave 2h tanks valuable on scs/gank/roam. That's all, ty.
That would cut out BGs only wb spec if that was implemented. They nerfed 2h guard because of SCs not WB play lol. That would only create more problems, not solve them.
BG only wb spec with 2H?Oh lol.You can equip shield, use HtL and be viable and useful for your wb.You can guard and use Dark Protector.Im just scared how 79rr dont know that.
BW87 Roytze
KotBS 83 Eilert
WP 85 Edelhardt
WH 83 Rayhorst

Magus 80 Dreadtech
Sorc 81 Roytzen
BG 80 Morventh

Oculta

Re: 2h tanks guard idea

Post#24 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:17 pm

again again agin .....

if the devs would make s&b more interesting and not so bad boring maybe .... and why should small scale be the problem? If you can´t catch a 6 man with a prober grp/wb that is bad, but not the probelem of guard or more/less viable tank mechanics. The problem is the user behind the keybord with mor/less brain i think.

Healefix - Runepriest 40/65+
    Index - Knight 40/40
    Obyvankenobi - SW 40/66+
    Snipeshot - Engi 40/67+

"small scale lover"

Freezee - Zealot 40/71+
    Oculta - DoK 40/51+
    Greensyndrom - SH 40/81+
    Graagash - BO 40/51+

Sandskid

Post#25 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:18 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:08 pm Man how make htl restricted to 6 ppl from 9 make it better??????
    WB leaders won't take 2h tanks in oRvR, because their wbs won't recieve HTL from the pug tanks who are just standing near. This would probably make SnB tanks great again in oRvR.
    Tesq wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:08 pm You are litteraly confused on what help what or is a troll...Also there is NO need of hold the line in sc at all. So why work on that when no one gona use it in any 12vs12 nor even less in 6vs6. Thats the whole point htl is super good in rcr and useless insc and its exatly what should make 2h badder vs rdps in sc which is not happenig.
    Lets separate oRvR from scs, shall we? Or you are trying to say, that 2h guard nerf would solve both oRvR and scs tanks problems? How exactly, may I ask?

DanielWinner

Post#26 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:22 pm

Sandskid wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:18 pm ... This would probably make SnB tanks great again in oRvR...
    Excuse me, what? Like aren't they already mandatory in RVR? Only pugs or ignorant people pick 2H tanks in WB - no matter what change would happen to SnB, they will continue doing it because they basically don't care or just need people for blob.
    Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
    Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
    Spoiler:
    Gotcha

SmackdownNinja

Post#27 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:24 pm

convexte wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:14 pm
    SmackdownNinja wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:17 am
    Sandskid wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:11 am Hello! I don't like surveys much, because you can't receive feedback from devs, so I've dicided to write my personal opinion here.
    I'm playing 2h/shield chosen often, and here are my thoughts:
    2h guard of 25% is not an issue atm, with a current classes balance. It'd be better to leave 50% guard for 2h tanks, but change HTL to affect party members only. This would motivate WB leaders to take only shield tanks in oRvR/forts but leave 2h tanks valuable on scs/gank/roam. That's all, ty.
    That would cut out BGs only wb spec if that was implemented. They nerfed 2h guard because of SCs not WB play lol. That would only create more problems, not solve them.
    BG only wb spec with 2H?Oh lol.You can equip shield, use HtL and be viable and useful for your wb.You can guard and use Dark Protector.Im just scared how 79rr dont know that.
    I was talking about a premade wb, not a pug one LOL. Go ahead and try to join a serious premade WB with a SnB BG and let me know how it goes. Also Why would a premade WB take a SnB BG when CHO/BO can guard, use HTL and buff the ENTIRE group. Not even gonna mention the morale pumps that CHO/BO have that the BG doesnt get.
    Voldro BG-85
    Nuketown BW-82

Sandskid

Post#28 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:31 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:22 pm Excuse me, what? Like aren't they already mandatory in RVR? Only pugs or ignorant people pick 2H tanks in WB - no matter what change would happen to SnB, they will continue doing it because they basically don't care or just need people for blob.
    By all means they are, but I'm mostly talking about semi-organized pug wb's where you have somewhat smart leader and semi-autistic wb population (for ex NA primetime (no offence guys, I love you)). At least tanks there will be more motivated to play SnB (to get into the wb), while we, cinical night gankers would still be able to guard our soulless damage dealers.

Ads
    hogun

Post#29 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:37 pm

bonjour,

it is obvious to all that there is a problem with the 2H and the guard. the fact that with a high parry rate (easy to reach) we can absorb 50% magic damage or distance is totally not logical
    the fact that one absorbs better the damage of guard when one is at the 2h rather than the shield is totally not logical also (one can not reach the same rate of blocking than parry )
    for example we can have 0% chance of defending against a magical attack and at the same time being absorbed with parry 50% of these same magic damage for our guard...
    we must find a balanced solution.
    I propose that either the damage of guard is defended in the same way as the classic damage, blockage, parry (for cc physique), dispell for magic, dodge for physics at a distance. either the parry is divided by 2 when it defends against the damage of guard.

il est évident pour tous qu'il y a un probleme avec les 2H et la garde. le fait qu'avec un taux de parade éléver (facile a atteindre) on puissent absorbé 50 % de domage magique ou distance est totalement ilogique
    le fait que l'on absorbe mieux les domage de garde quand on est a la 2h plutot qu'au bouclier est totalement ilogique aussi.( on ne peu pas atteindre le mm taux de blocage que de parade )
    par exemple on peut avoir 0% de chance de ce défendre contre une attaque magique et en meme temps pouvoir absorbé grace a notre parade 50 % de ces meme domage magique pour notre garde...
    il faut donc trouvé une solution équilibré.
    je propose que soit les domages de garde soit defendu de la meme façon que les domages classic , blocage , parade ( pour le corps a corps), dispell pour la magie , esquive pour physique a distance. soit que la parade soit divisé par 2 quand on ce defends contre les domage de garde.
    My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
    DAMMAZ KRON !
    Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
    (KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Sandskid

Post#30 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:42 pm

hogun wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:37 pm I propose that either the damage of guard is defended in the same way as the classic damage, blockage, parry (for cc physique), dispell for magic, dodge for physics at a distance. either the parry is divided by 2 when it defends against the damage of guard.
    This is an interesting idea, thanks for sharing :idea: