Recent Topics

Ads

Amount of parry

Let's talk about... everything else
Telen
Suspended

Re: réponse a Daniel sur le parrade

Post#21 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:23 am

MayoDaen78 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:21 am Great explanation Smellybelly, Block is probably the best damage negating tool as it is like parry, disrupt and dodge all combined. It works against melee and range, magic and physical damage type .
Were talking about guard damage which can be parried.

Ads
hogun

Re: Amount of parry

Post#22 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:23 am

Smellybelly wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:16 am
hogun wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:15 am
Smellybelly wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:44 am Just to make this clear, you do not add parry and block for a final %, you get double defence chances instead. its not 75% once but parry once and then block once.
sorry, I can't help you.
Go see a doctor man :lol:
did you understand that we were only talking about the damage caused by the guard ? try to make an effort plz
My video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65aHhb4kCJU
DAMMAZ KRON !
Hogun - IB 80+ Hoguun RP 80+ Hogunn ING 80+ HOG Slayer 80+ Gor IB 2M 50
(KOBS,WH,WP,BW,SW,WL,SM,BO,CHOSEN,SH,MAGUS, MARAU ,CHOP,SHAM )40+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJx3So8q6o

Smellybelly

Post#23 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:25 am

hogun wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:23 am
Smellybelly wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:16 am
hogun wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:15 am

sorry, I can't help you.
Go see a doctor man :lol:
did you understand that we were only talking about the damage caused by the guard ? try to make an effort plz
Yes i do understand, but you have missed a very vital part of the equation

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#24 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:28 am

Telen wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:22 am I get what Hogun is talking about.
50% parry is 50% avoidance. 50% parry 30% block is 65% avoidance. So Block gives 15% added avoidance because its not additive.
Maybe because guard damage has been changed we really should be thinking about making it additive. Block is only lower because it blocks more types. That isnt applicable to guard.

Hogun doesn't have a point.
Block is actually applied first, then parry/dodge/disrupt, then toughness, then absorbs, then armor/resistance, then % damage modifiers.
And Guard damage hasn't been changed here, it was like that on live.
Last edited by magicthighs on Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

hogun

Post#25 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:32 am

magicthighs wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:28 am Hogun doesn't have a point.
Block is actually applied first, then parry/dodge/disrupt, then toughness, then absorbs, then armor/resistance, then % damage modifiers.
pity... We are talking exclusively about guard damage, where we can only defend it with blocking and parade, of course since the force is 0 in attack, there is no mitigation due to toughness

ps :on live the same no toughness to mitigat
DAMMAZ KRON !

Smellybelly

Post#26 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:38 am

I think you are saying the same thing as im thinking, but just incase... your toughness and armor does nothing to mitigate guard damage. If you guard a squishy and he/she mitigates a certain amount of dmg , then whatever is left is split and you get half of that. You can parry and block that damage but not mitigate it

Telen
Suspended

Post#27 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:41 am

magicthighs wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:28 am Hogun doesn't have a point.
It doesn't matter which avoidance check is first. It still has the same final avoidance. Just having a single check vs more reduces the weight of subsequent checks.

hogun

Post#28 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:01 pm

Smellybelly wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:38 am I think you are saying the same thing as im thinking, but just incase... your toughness and armor does nothing to mitigate guard damage. If you guard a squishy and he/she mitigates a certain amount of dmg , then whatever is left is split and you get half of that. You can parry and block that damage but not mitigate it
watch out ...

"That hole your sitting in just keeps getting deeper bud" :D :D :D
DAMMAZ KRON !

Ads
oaliaen

Post#29 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:11 pm

Smellybelly wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:44 am Just to make this clear, you do not add parry and block for a final %, you get double defence chances instead. its not 75% once but parry once and then block once.
this.

Tesq

Post#30 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:15 pm

I understand what you are tryng to say but you are confuse

A-wep skill matter when it cames to guard parry, yes it does like same goes for block rate from shield so in this field

Block rate = wep skill

So there is no wep skill unbalance considering how also block or avoidance on block are rewarded to tanks via core skills or builds. Exemple free kobs shield rush + block rate from shield = 15-20% to say.

B- you are confuse regarding higher parry be better than block + parry.
Exemple throw 2 dices 1 is block the other is parry.
One you pass it with 5+ the other one with 2+

If you had only the 2+ you would have 1/6 chance to fail, if you add the 5+ for reroll that 1 you divide 1 by 3 (5+ over. 6 faces dices 1/3 chance of success). Aka now you chance to fail are 0.6 /6

S+b can have either same or better avoidance than 2h

Also the 5+ dice also apply to dodge and disrupt. For your own personal defense (and parry). This is why all tanks are either block or parry based at least and not disrupt based or dodge for exemple.
Its a system that work.
Last edited by Tesq on Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.