Recent Topics

Ads

Why Destro can pull?

Let's talk about... everything else
Penril

Re: Why Destro can pull?

Post#81 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:13 pm

I havent kept up with all the bazillion changes in RoR, but i believe Mara pull can't be disrupted anymore, is this correct? I swear i have been pulled on my SW with Concealment up). Was it changed to a Str. based pull vs parry/block like someone suggested ages ago?

(if so... bad change)

Ads
Ridduk

Post#82 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:22 pm

@Penril , yes it was changed

Penril

Post#83 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:33 pm

Well, that's the issue right there. Mara pull was never meant to be good against a SnB tank (HtL = instant 45% disrupt) or a healer, but it was great against order dps in general. However, a lot of maras complained about that pull in the forums and it got changed into a Str. based pull, which obviously affected balance.

Then again something similar happened with the WL pull; it was easy to interrupt it (rooting/knocking down the pet) and i remember they made the pet immune to CC during one patch (or forced you to target it in order to be affected by AoE cc). No clue how it is atm; i stopped trying to CC the pet ages ago.

This is what happens when things get changed for no other reason than forum whine. Like, nerfing/buffing something and instead of removing the nerf/buff when you notice it isnt working, you decide to nerf/buff something else to make it all fair.

Tesq

Post#84 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:33 am

Wasnt the pull being undefeatable from behind reverted?

Btw when we had the very first pull discussion i know this would had be problemsome in future, the smarter solution would had been have fix as
allow los final check on 0 sec but make str based check instead we got no final los check on 0 sec and int based check...for disrupt instead basically what it wasnt in live. In live it worked fine here on ror its totally discontinued in its job either too good (due range) or too bad (stats checks). Idk if live had some hidden mods but mara pull is prob one or the only thing that live had better than ror , lame.

Valarion

Post#85 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:56 am

Because order gets a non-morale ranged KD and shattered limbs.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

drmordread
Suspended

Post#86 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:23 am

I love this. Destro have the best pulls in game and yet complain about engi. It never ends. They complain day and night about WL pounce... but do you see any complaining about the OP tank spec pounce of the squig herder in armor? Nope. That's just fine. OP SH and nerrfed WL is ok with destro.
All is fine if only destro have the cool toys. But if order gets half a toy all of destro cries and cries.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Telen
Suspended

Post#87 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:26 am

drmordread wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:23 am I love this. Destro have the best pulls in game and yet complain about engi. It never ends. They complain day and night about WL pounce... but do you see any complaining about the OP tank spec pounce of the squig herder in armor? Nope. That's just fine. OP SH and nerrfed WL is ok with destro.
All is fine if only destro have the cool toys. But if order gets half a toy all of destro cries and cries.
It isn’t about getting cool toys. Balance is obsessed with 6v6 so unique faction abilities that balance was based around are being patched to the other side with no care about balance effect outside that. As long as faction are closer mirrored for 6v6.

They would be better off trying to remake wrath of heroes as they don’t really even like WAR.

peterthepan3

Post#88 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:48 am

Telen wrote: It isn’t about getting cool toys. Balance is obsessed with 6v6.
Still peddling the 'balance obsessed with 6v6' myth, eh. Bore off, mate!

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Post#89 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:00 pm

Telen wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:26 am
drmordread wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:23 am I love this. Destro have the best pulls in game and yet complain about engi. It never ends. They complain day and night about WL pounce... but do you see any complaining about the OP tank spec pounce of the squig herder in armor? Nope. That's just fine. OP SH and nerrfed WL is ok with destro.
It isn’t about getting cool toys. Balance is obsessed with 6v6 so unique faction abilities that balance was based around are being patched to the other side with no care about balance effect outside that. As long as faction are closer mirrored for 6v6.

They would be better off trying to remake wrath of heroes as they don’t really even like WAR.
Here's a clue. I have been saying it since the first day when a dev announced that the game would be balanced to 6v6 level. ... ready ....

"It will never work because the game rvr mechanics were designed for 1- two factions 2- wb sized encounters (with multiple wb's per side being the goal) 3- what the devs hate the most .... solo play"

To get a proper 6v6 balance every single class mastery tree and class specific abilities has to be re-written from ground zero and up to rr80. A 6v6 idea is a WArcraft thing. You want 6v6 balance, go play boring warcraft. WAR was designed for battles, not skirmishes. And the devs at Mythic were smart enough to realize that a good chunk of their population would be solo players. And they created a game that would appeal to them too. 6v6 is something the players brought into the game.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Penril

Post#90 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:20 pm

drmordread wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:00 pm And the devs at Mythic were smart enough to realize that a good chunk of their population would be solo players. And they created a game that would appeal to them too.
What the hell are you talking about? They NEVER balanced for soloing.

I disagree with the game being balanced at WB level, because we end up with a different kind of whining: WH/WE/WL players asking for a warband spec cause they feel useless or get kicked from warbands, for example. I strongly believe that not all classes should be good for everything; some excel at solo play, others at warband, others at 6v6 and that is totally fine imho. The problem is players picking a class and then trying to excel at something the class is not good at.

Balance was mostly fine in 1.4.8 with some classes needing a tiny little buff/nerf here and there. We all know which those classes were; i don't understand the need to reinvent the wheel in RoR.