Recent Topics

Ads

The removal of Cleansing Wind

Let's talk about... everything else
Synacy

Re: The removal of Cleansing Wind

Post#51 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:48 am

zgolec wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:43 am ...also - "Fun - r40rr71 Witch Elf RoR's most annoying WE" - not even close :roll:

Cheers outta there to all pro WE that made me cry while i was fresh 40 and these days too when cought off guard - Celiana, Slaa, Yliria from worthy to mention.
I think you misinterpreted my saying of "most annoying WE". It's self-depreciation, not as in skill, but as in the fact that I talk a lot.
Yeah, I used to be that witch elf named Fun

Ads
Synacy

Post#52 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:55 am

Manatikik wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:46 am Not trying to flame but your responses just kind of show the gaps in your game knowledge alone. Double pot does not refer to stat/armor pots but double instant heal or resto pot + pvp instant pot AND wounds debuff is 3 minutes not two and refreshed the cooldown with every stack.
Well you're right, I don't know all the terminology of the game. I think for any basic mind, double pot in laymen's terms... double = 2. Two pots. It's good information to know though. Still learning.

Synacy

Post#53 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:04 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:48 am It's a group+-based MMO. It has group-based (6/12/18) scenarios. It has group and warband-based PvE (Gunbad/Sent/Onslaught+). It has warbands. You cannot win a scenario as a solo player, you cannot defeat a PvE instance as a solo player, you cannot take a Keep as a solo player, you cannot take an enemy city as a solo player...shall I go on?

Am I saying that solo players, like yourself, don't exist? No. Should balance revolve around solo play? It should be factored into the equation, for sure, but should never trump group/wb balance.

Double potting/triple potting = two health pots + absorb pot. Absolutely mandatory if you insist on playing solo (refer to my previous point re having other stuff to fix before asking for blanket changes to facilitate to your play).

I have played with top WEs on the server (Csi and Kyranria), and have played one myself to rr4x, but ty anyway. Kyranria in particular is probably the best solo WE I have ever seen, and he would not expect to be able to survive DoTs if he did not: a) have pots ready, b) have a healer/cleanse nearby.

You can misconstrue my comments as being 'aggressive' if you want, but they are based on my observations over a few days. If my wording offends you, then such is life, I guess.

You also seem to ignore the ramifications bringing back CW would have on group+ environments, but that was inevitable.
1. Go on all you'd like, as the game still supports solo/roam players. Of course they're not going to design a scenario map just for 2 opposing players to enter. Of course they're not going to create groups and warbands for 1 person to enter. Solo players exist, and to say they exist is as simple as that. They're in the game, and the groups are an addition. They're there to be intended FOR those who want to group, in which most people choose to, and that's completely fine too. As the game DOES need it to accomplish varying things.
2. With everything said, this focuses on one skill, and seems to have rid the thought-process of ignoring the fact that Witch Elves alone have 0 cleanse. Even with Cauldron of the Elixir, DoTs don't clear from the player after they're applied, after CotE is triggered. CotE prevents further DoTs from being applied. If I had to rewrite this post, it would be to talk about the balance FOR Witch Elves. Not everyone is the golden effigy of your friends, being the top of the top. Skill is a trait that is obtained, not born with.
3. Maybe I do misconstrue them as being 'aggressive'. I myself figured the, "It's not a **** 1v1 game" was a bit mindless to say, because again. There's no rule book. People hate Witch Elves in Forts. People don't want them in the Warbands unless it's a PUG Warband. WEs have use even being roam/solo as far as objective and keeping stragglers from reaching the rest of the pack. Don't rid of solo players just because it's not your playstyle.

I want you to know that I am not against keeping Cleansing Wind out of the game. I am reading all comments as you can see and I take into consideration what could/couldn't benefit. I am not antagonizing that WEs need to be any more powerful than they actually already are.

Telen
Suspended

Post#54 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:24 pm

You know cleanse doesnt cleanse every type of debuff/dot. Even classes with non morale cleanse have to group up to handle that. Doesnt that tell you that its absolutely a group game.

Sulorie

Post#55 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:01 pm

Lvl2 and 3 CW have a 2min cd btw and not 3min. Just to mention it, because I read those 3min quite often.
Dying is no option.

Synacy

Post#56 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:07 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:01 pm Lvl2 and 3 CW have a 2min cd btw and not 3min. Just to mention it, because I read those 3min quite often.
My bad... I might have mis-read something.

geezereur

Post#57 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:40 pm

How about the eng and magus that like to solo this would kill our capabilities for solo.

Nekkma

Post#58 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:54 pm

And how about glasscannon rdps that want to solo and not be killed during kd from stealth by we/wh? Lets add a "stealth see through" ability for renown points for these poor classes...

Balancing through renown abilities should never had happened in the first place and the cheif offenders where cw, rd, tb which acted as counters to dots, cc and direct burst.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Ads
Scrilian

Post#59 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:09 pm

Fascinating thread, high quality.
This game need more things like Get-out-of-****-in-1click buttons. RD/CW/Last shite were a mistake.
Вальтер Рыжий RU => Gaziraga BW, Valefar WL, Lovejoy
Retired
ex-Greenfire/Invasion RvR leader
Wonderful RvR music videos ;)

Synacy

Post#60 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:42 pm

Nekkma wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:54 pm And how about glasscannon rdps that want to solo and not be killed during kd from stealth by we/wh? Lets add a "stealth see through" ability for renown points for these poor classes...

Balancing through renown abilities should never had happened in the first place and the cheif offenders where cw, rd, tb which acted as counters to dots, cc and direct burst.
"Lets add a "stealth see through ability"". Funny, your initiative must be low, and you should get more, though renown points.