chazwozza

Re: Fortress Design Issues - Spawncamping on Video

Post#31 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:18 pm

Another nail

Ads
tasos

Post#32 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:27 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:47 am More defenders than attackers, and 1h of being spawncamped. Majority of Destro didn't even want to attack Stonewatch after KV capture, since it's impossible to push said tiny doorframe. :)

working as intended?

Click here to watch on YouTube

and

Click here to watch on YouTube
what i know cause i was order in that fort is that destro do this all the time with the stupid 6mans but when order does it you kill them by bringing the head gm cause you cant do otherwise its like wargrim is your savior cant do anything without him or any of the gms and i am not the only one to think about this there are multiple order thinking the same way and saying its one sided game anymore dont know if its true and i hope not but since you didint put guards at spawns it makes sense some time the enemy team will get camped at spawn point

chazwozza

Post#33 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:19 pm

1 sided game in destro favour roflmao

oaliaen

Post#34 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:25 am

Anyway, spawncamping is a idiotic thing to do. For 1 hour ?? even more idiotic and pathetic.

adamthelc

Post#35 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:42 am

It's a little lame, but I think design is a bigger problem than the players. You have to expect players to do stuff like this.

However it was stated that the design flaw was do to limitations and will be fixed, so it doesnt really seem like an issue to me.

Sahngar

Post#36 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:33 am

oaliaen wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:25 am Anyway, spawncamping is a idiotic thing to do. For 1 hour ?? even more idiotic and pathetic.

I'm actually interested what the other option was?

Defenders have to pull back and avoid anyone being caught because they don't respawn.

Anyone whose played this game for more than 5 minutes know how hard it is to disengage without significant losses, yet the defenders here were expected to do this?

Once the defenders have pushed the attackers back to spawn, the fort should be over. Asking them to take the risk of pulling back from that point is silly.

adamthelc

Post#37 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:55 am

Sahngar wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:33 am
oaliaen wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:25 am Anyway, spawncamping is a idiotic thing to do. For 1 hour ?? even more idiotic and pathetic.

I'm actually interested what the other option was?

Defenders have to pull back and avoid anyone being caught because they don't respawn.

Anyone whose played this game for more than 5 minutes know how hard it is to disengage without significant losses, yet the defenders here were expected to do this?

Once the defenders have pushed the attackers back to spawn, the fort should be over. Asking them to take the risk of pulling back from that point is silly.
Yes there were two options for an acceptable design. Either they add guards to provide a safe place to spawn, which it sounds like they have always planned to do. Or dont allow attackers to respawn when there are defenders in the spawning area and no living attackers in the spawning are. Then if all attackers in the fort are dead it would be over and successfully defended.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#38 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:57 am

davispeed wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:21 pm
perche wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:02 pm These are the things that take away your desire to play.
accurate AF 100% ^^

Wake up call maybe?

Didnt you like leave the RoR already? Wake up call maybe?

Ads