Ads

My opinion about the Nerf of old weapons

Let's talk about... everything else
Chinesehero

My opinion about the Nerf of old weapons

Post#1 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:18 am

everyone know that conq sc weapon, dominator, conq sets are being nerf
Why?
Because RoR want to balance the game in RvR/SC. They hardly calculate the bolster of low rank players to rank 48 to get balance.
If new gear come out. Old one must be nerf in order to make new one replace old one. New gear/weapon actually have almost same power as the old one.
Why?
Since new one same as the old one, RoR team dont need to calculate once more the bolster formula so in other words lazy
That's why new weapon always have almost same power as old one. Since they need to consider the bolster problem. If new weapon are much stronger than old one. They need to recalculate the bolster in rvr and sc. That's what they dont want to do. It is a big problem for them.
Welcome for discussion. I think this will be a problem forever in ROR

Remark: I hope they put more consideration on SM which dont make every gear SM slightly weaker than other tanks. Take a balance on SM

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: My opinion about the Nerf of old weapons

Post#2 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:27 am

cool opinion but you are wrong. given that you failed to read any statements from the devs so far im not gonna waste my time trying to explain to you why this was done. but keep on speculating and spreading misinformation based on ill informed guesses.

Chinesehero

Post#3 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:32 am

saupreusse wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:27 am cool opinion but you are wrong. given that you failed to read any statements from the devs so far im not gonna waste my time trying to explain to you why this was done. but keep on speculating and spreading misinformation based on ill informed guesses.
200% correct and this kind of new weapon just make everyone dislike
If the team want to make new weapon. They should make a real one much stronger than the old and slightly change the bolster so T2-T4 still in balance.
Using a casual nerf on old weapon just make someone blaming :lol:

Mercenary

Post#4 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:33 am

Remark: I hope they put more consideration on SM which dont make every gear SM slightly weaker than other tanks. Take a balance on SM
SM is in a good spot no idea what you are talking about O.o

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:34 am

Norkali already explained the reasoning behind the nerf, and that Subjugator (and other similar items, like Smuggler) will also be in line for similar nerfs.

You're spreading misinformation, but why am I not surprised?

Chinesehero

Post#6 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:36 am

Mercenary wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:33 am
SM is in a good spot no idea what you are talking about O.o
My thread is focusing on the Nerf weapons but u are welcome to concern about SM :lol: If u make a vote, most of the SM players must accept my point

Chinesehero

Post#7 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:40 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:34 am Norkali already explained the reasoning behind the nerf, and that Subjugator (and other similar items, like Smuggler) will also be in line for similar nerfs.

Do u get my meaning?
This kind of new weapons is pointless since everyone still as strong as before
Just force us to play more SC to become as strong as before

Remark: I have over 8000 opp emblems. Just dont want the game going wrong direction

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:44 am

Chinesehero wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:40 am
peterthepan3 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:34 am Norkali already explained the reasoning behind the nerf, and that Subjugator (and other similar items, like Smuggler) will also be in line for similar nerfs.

Do u get my meaning?
This kind of new weapons is pointless since everyone still as strong as before
Just force us to play more SC to become as strong as before

Remark: I have over 8000 opp emblems. Just dont want the game going wrong direction
I understand your concerns, but it was a necessary step to take so as to make for a more balanced & gradual power curve overall. Other weapons will receive similar treatment, and I am confident that emblem costs etc. will be taken into account, now that the weapons have been made weaker.

Ads
Wdova

Post#9 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:47 am

I havent SM on live, just few hours on test server to find out its playstyle And how to counter them with my WE.
I have rr 70 one here And I must admit, that current state of SM is enjoyable without feel beying worthles or selfish. I Wonder Why You feel they need buff. Theyr dmg is great with 2h or solid with SNB. They have group absorb, cooldown decreaser, armor/rezist group buff, knockdown And knockback. If party lack healer, they can provide some minor healing on level or bit worst as engi keg. Playing SM is more fun And enjoyable than playing my kobs.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Chinesehero

Post#10 » Mon May 13, 2019 11:55 am

Wdova wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:47 am I havent SM on live, just few hours on test server to find out its playstyle And how to counter them with my WE.
I have rr 70 one here And I must admit, that current state of SM is enjoyable without feel beying worthles or selfish. I Wonder Why You feel they need buff. Theyr dmg is great with 2h or solid with SNB. They have group absorb, cooldown decreaser, armor/rezist group buff, knockdown And knockback. If party lack healer, they can provide some minor healing on level or bit worst as engi keg. Playing SM is more fun And enjoyable than playing my kobs.
saying this thing revealing u are not a pro SM :lol:
Even in Sc map I can point out 10 places which destro get advantage from
Now always pop the doomfist SC and I always get super punt at the plateform to the wc of Destro NPC to die
Why?
Or in Phoenix gate destro shorter distance to mid bridge.
Why?
Maybe ppl dont care this things but this affect the pug SC winning probability
u dont care how that slight nerf on SM. But I care.
Last edited by Chinesehero on Mon May 13, 2019 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.