Recent Topics

Ads

Game + Lag

Let's talk about... everything else
randomeclipse

Re: Game + Lag

Post#11 » Sun May 19, 2019 1:24 pm

Was pretty unplayable last night, which I'm not whinging about but spreading the players about multiple zones makes total sense. Just need to figure out the incentives....hmm.

Ads
Nickwahh5

Post#12 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:36 pm

old post -- deleted
Last edited by Nickwahh5 on Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skullgrin

Post#13 » Sun May 19, 2019 9:20 pm

Truth is, lag is going to be a fact of life when people are connecting to the server from all over the world. The best that I can suggest is to run though the steps in this thread. Step #8 helps immensely, and is easy to do. You may also get some relief by turning off player titles and guild names in user settings/targeting.

Additionally I would also recommend turning off the nrarity addon if you are using it, it introduces lag whenever you open bags/mouseover an action bar item that is in your bag. Going thru your addons and turning off ones you don't use also helps.

Also going to less populated areas helps some, however switching zones adds to the lag - but you can alleviate that by restarting the game.

I feel your pain, the battle against lag is annoying. Hope some of my suggestions help!

:D
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Grobbok

Post#14 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:49 pm

event is over, there is not so many ppl on server or on zone, but lag is still big when keep siege start
lider of Da fat squigs guild

randomeclipse

Post#15 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:39 pm

Grobbok wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:49 pm event is over, there is not so many ppl on server or on zone, but lag is still big when keep siege start
Pretty sure double RR is still active....

zulnam

Post#16 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:42 pm

I'm thinking about the community crowdfunding a really top-notch server for a yer or two. It will be a few grand, but hopefully the lag will be gone. Thoughts?
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Warfare80

Post#17 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:45 pm

zulnam wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:42 pm I'm thinking about the community crowdfunding a really top-notch server for a yer or two. It will be a few grand, but hopefully the lag will be gone. Thoughts?
Im afraid that the same second money starts to show up,the original company gonna sue the living crap out of us ;)
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

zulnam

Post#18 » Tue May 21, 2019 11:34 am

Warfare80 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:45 pm
zulnam wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 7:42 pm I'm thinking about the community crowdfunding a really top-notch server for a yer or two. It will be a few grand, but hopefully the lag will be gone. Thoughts?
Im afraid that the same second money starts to show up,the original company gonna sue the living crap out of us ;)
There has to be ways around this.

I've been on other mmorpg private servers that not only accepted cash, but had a literal cash shop on the main website. And those were active mmos from companies bigger than EA (not giving names, don't want to WOW anybody).
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads