Recent Topics

Ads

Why rr61 weapons were ner...adjusted?

Let's talk about... everything else
abodam

Re: Why rr61 weapons were ner...adjusted?

Post#11 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:46 am

Sulorie wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:40 pm
abodam wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:37 pm RR45 have 4% crit compare to RR39 2%.Thats why you lose mpower.
Supposedly the stats were not changed but yet it was reduced. :)
NoRKaLKiLLa wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 5:46 pm The only thing changed was RR45 DPS, the stats on rr39 and 45 haven't changed, to my knowledge, in the past 3+ years.
RR39 always had 2% Crit, nothing changed in that regard.
Magus / BG

Ads
Sulorie

Post#12 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:55 am

abodam wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:46 am

RR39 always had 2% Crit, nothing changed in that regard.
Like I wrote before, the stats on rr45 weapon were changed, in particular the +power stat.
Dying is no option.

Gakin

Post#13 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:42 am

I dont get why we have str on def tank 1h weapons, or both weapons whith +ap on zealot, instead of one whith - crit.
Gakjin zeal/Gakih sh, and many alts, FMJ guild

BeautfulToad

Post#14 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:42 am

Gakin wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:42 am I dont get why we have str on def tank 1h weapons, or both weapons whith +ap on zealot, instead of one whith - crit.
Wargrimmar answered that. He said that some stat dumping occurs to make things balanced.

You have to remember if someone has full rr61 armour kit, and these stats are replicated, you are talking about +1% damage (and possibly increased armour, etc) for each piece of armour. The jump from rr39 to rr61 the difference is 2%. So, you end up with something like +10% damage for a full kit (without any set bonuses you might have on top of that) from rr39.

In SCs right now, someone who is level 32 will be wearing weaker amour than rr39 stuff, so they'll be up against people wearing stuff that could give +20% damage and possibly a similar increase in defensive stats (meaning that hitting someone in medium armour is nearly as tough as hitting someone wearing heavy armour, etc).

Osred

Post#15 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:54 pm

Gakin wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:42 am I dont get why we have str on def tank 1h weapons, or both weapons whith +ap on zealot, instead of one whith - crit.
You need strength to actually hit things and bypass defences.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Dackle

Post#16 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:19 pm

Nerf one item and put similar stats on a new one; It is what is. At least we playing Warhammer... The question is: Does the right hand talks to the left?

BeautfulToad

Post#17 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:50 pm

Dackle wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:19 pm Nerf one item and put similar stats on a new one; It is what is. At least we playing Warhammer... The question is: Does the right hand talks to the left?
You have to look at the full kit for someone who is rr61 and compare it to someone who is rr50, and rr39. There are five armour slots and jewellery. If you have some weapon doing 5% more damage than in a lower tier, and all those armour slots are also a 5% improvement, you'll get some godly armour sets at rr61 (+25% fully equipped). At that point, we might as well have rr40+ only scenarios. That's not to mention scalable damage, and crits will start doing stupid amounts of damage.

I agree prices are a bit crazy, but I see it from the opposite perspective. I prefer competitive scenarios, not one or two killing machines running around with better gear. I want gear to be better in SCs, not play SCs for better gear.

Dackle

Post#18 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:59 pm

BeautfulToad wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:50 pm
Dackle wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:19 pm Nerf one item and put similar stats on a new one; It is what is. At least we playing Warhammer... The question is: Does the right hand talks to the left?
You have to look at the full kit for someone who is rr61 and compare it to someone who is rr50, and rr39. There are five armour slots and jewellery. If you have some weapon doing 5% more damage than in a lower tier, and all those armour slots are also a 5% improvement, you'll get some godly armour sets at rr61 (+25% fully equipped). At that point, we might as well have rr40+ only scenarios. That's not to mention scalable damage, and crits will start doing stupid amounts of damage.

I agree prices are a bit crazy, but I see it from the opposite perspective. I prefer competitive scenarios, not one or two killing machines running around with better gear. I want gear to be better in SCs, not play SCs for better gear.
Agreed.

One has to remember it is an MMORPG. It was originally and always will... Inherently, that means higher ranked more progressed players should be stronger with better gear. It's that simple.

RoR with perfect balance, mirror, and everyone having the same thing becomes more of a "counter-strike" (as mentioned) experience.

With that being said, after running into a 40/80+ pre-made, relentlessly, over and over, I find the solace in the mid-tier SC's; everyone has, essentially, the same items and low-tier gear.

Do we really want it to be Return of Reckoning - MOBA ?

Ads