Recent Topics

Ads

Curiosity killed the shaman

Let's talk about... everything else
dalen
Developer

Re: Curiosity killed the shaman

Post#11 » Sun May 26, 2019 6:19 pm

I have a order main, and have been in around 40 winning forts on that character (and a couple of lost forts as well). Zero gold bags though, mostly just getting the 4 tokens per fort. So the difference between winning and loosing the forts doesn't really mean that much unless you are blessed by Rngesus and get gold bags :/
Source Developer

Ads
Sulorie

Post#12 » Sun May 26, 2019 6:25 pm

I couldn't care less about forts, because the gear is not that good, at best to mix with other stuff.
I don't even care about order being more, because I like being on smaller side, I even refuse to play in zones without aao and then queue for sc.

I agree, that there are much more order fort attacks and destro loses most of their defenses.

I don't blame order classes, albeit some of their tools come in handy but the main reason for destro losing zones is organization and better warband setups on order side.
This is something destro could fix if they start to build closed and properly build warbands.
Dying is no option.

Dammy095

Post#13 » Sun May 26, 2019 6:37 pm

there not enough people for that, general population of destro is much lower, i dont mean zonepop on evenings, i mean overal people playing that side
i play both sides and its really noticeable

cfabr

Post#14 » Sun May 26, 2019 8:44 pm

Well ... We are all "a part" of this game, Destro's as much as Order's. And as much as i would like seeing destro's win all the time, this game would be absolutely NO fun if it weren't for all you Order's ... And I'm pretty sure you feel the same about Destro's. But we don't win all the time. A lot of us struggle getting those damn invader tokens (or oppressor, if you are into Sc.) and it is rather demoralizing loosing ALL the time. And as a few already mentioned (here also included high lvl destro players) they are start looking for other games too play. Then you might say "let em leave if they don't want too play" ... but the truth is, there is no game without US the players. Do you really want too assault empty keeps, wait hours for SC or steamroll Low-lvl's with no gear? .. Sure, it might be fun for some time, but eventually the loosing side will grow tired and leave if they loose ALL the time. I'm sorry, but the only way too fix a problem, is actually acknowledging there IS a problem ... And there is a Problem!

Tesq

Post#15 » Sun May 26, 2019 9:10 pm

Sigh, so mamy things where should i start.

-Rampage either drop it to a fix ok at % or ignore no more flat but is proportional (so no absolute bypass anymore).
-stop hate chosen.because its badass and give those exatly 2 fix it need, CS back and fixed for 2h and oppression duration and changed to buff type..
-cut half kobs heal buff tactic ...
-stop perfect mirroring game on order when des on a lot of class lack order tools (numbers and quality).
-nerf aoe morales to the ground but remove target cap then introduces a bonus to dmg if morales are used on low life targets.
-allow def morales to reduces off morales dmg aswell.
-give the dam beta speed buff to magus back and reduced armor pen buff to engi both on 5pt.mid mastery.
-revert magus TF mirror on engi.
-buff magus shitty right mastery aoe channeling.
-nerf pounce to 20 sec cd as any movement related skill should be (like KD).
-revert the nerf to CD reduction synergys
-change all those you well know synergy to 3 sec cd and change the cd reduction buff on both realm to 3 sec instead.....but leave g cleanse 5 sec (lots of fixes here lol)
-nerf all aoe (slay/squig) CD reduction to 2.5 seconds (why aoe 9 target is strong as a st 1 persson debuff ? It should be half value)
-stop make 1 side outnumbering the other in fort , let play both with equal number and remove artillery dmg.
-stop make this game a grind fest for set aquisition it's proven it increase zerg on one side instead. Allow invader to drop into rvr. As it was in live. So that even if you DONT happen to have your personal Zerg to surf all the time you can still progress.
-fix BO panic button to not have anymore a snare component.
-**** sake remove those snare immunity on sentinel.please.....
-about time you find a solution for bo/ch moral tactic instead leave em as outnumbered bust....
-WL aoe fix
-wh aoe fix
-we aoe fix

Collateral

Post#16 » Sun May 26, 2019 9:49 pm

Spoiler:
Tesq wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:10 pm Sigh, so mamy things where should i start.

-Rampage either drop it to a fix ok at % or ignore no more flat but is proportional (so no absolute bypass anymore).
-stop hate chosen.because its badass and give those exatly 2 fix it need, CS back and fixed for 2h and oppression duration and changed to buff type..
-stop perfect mirroring game on order when des on a lot of class lack order tools (numbers and quality).
-nerf aoe morales to the ground but remove target cap then introduces a bonus to dmg if morales are used on low life targets.
-give the dam beta speed buff to magus back and reduced armor pen buff to engi both on 5pt.mid mastery.
-change all those you well know synergy to 3 sec cd and change the cd reduction buff on both realm to 3 sec instead.....but leave g cleanse 5 sec (lots of fixes here lol)
-nerf all aoe (slay/squig) CD reduction to 2.5 seconds (why aoe 9 target is strong as a st 1 persson debuff ? It should be half value)
-stop make 1 side outnumbering the other in fort , let play both with equal number and remove artillery dmg.
-stop make this game a grind fest for set aquisition it's proven it increase zerg on one side instead. Allow invader to drop into rvr. As it was in live. So that even if you DONT happen to have your personal Zerg to surf all the time you can still progress.
-about time you find a solution for bo/ch moral tactic instead leave em as outnumbered bust....
-WL aoe fix
-wh aoe fix
-we aoe fix
Make a proposal.

Tesq

Post#17 » Sun May 26, 2019 9:50 pm

Collateral wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:49 pm
Spoiler:
Tesq wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 9:10 pm Sigh, so mamy things where should i start.

-WL aoe fix
-wh aoe fix
-we aoe fix
Make a proposal.
Plenty alredy done taking dust, even in pending review

DanielWinner

Post#18 » Sun May 26, 2019 10:03 pm

I play both sides. And I can win on both of them. Sometimes on order, other time on destro.
Though destro side seem to have a bit more diversity in classes if we talk about RvR. But it’s a topic of balance.
Grind is indeed encouraging zerging in RvR. But, you know, 4 medals for win are the same 4 medals for lose. And as a player who has a real life, I don’t even know when I will get invader set on ANY side.

Also I heard that you could make order pug WB leaders rage quit with your premade WB so yeah, think about it.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

Ads
Fey

Post#19 » Sun May 26, 2019 10:32 pm

We'll putter along till August and then we'll all leave. There are no intentions to make things better because that would mean reverting all the needless changes that represent a good deal of the devs work. No one wants to undue their hard work.

People want to play AoR with QoL changes. This ain't it, and that debate is a dessicated horse corpse at this point. I'll probably keep playing all the same. It's a tough spot the server is in, hope for the best.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

DokB

Post#20 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:53 am

Usually play whichever side has AAO, which a vast majority of the time has been destro for the last few months. Decided to bite the bullet and attempt to do the Invader Fort grind while trying not to die of boredom due to the garbage gameplay which is forts.
110 medallions in and I’ve seen 3 wins. 1 of those wins was from a skeleton crew fort attack and the other 2 wins were defences before the 2nd backdoor were added to forts. Managed to snag a gold bag through pure skill (i.e RNG) and got the boots which means that’s about 6 less forts I need to endure. Order must be on their off-spec Invader by now.

My biggest gripe is there being zero contribution system in forts. I’ve known several people who either semi-afk or just joined the fort and got a kill then collected a gold bag. Forts have to be one of the laziest, mind numbing shitfests I’ve had the displeasure of playing. Bombardment artillery is **** lame too. Aren’t forts meant to be a final bastion before city? I was under the impression that Forts should be hard to attack, but currently the only defence you can actually put up is Interlinking arms with your partner and forming a wall of flesh in the lord room. No boiling oil, no defensive siege weapons, invincible rams, jail for defenders on 3rd stage? Why not try to give more to the defending side and actually make Forts hard to siege rather than a speed bump? Why not make artillery with NPC crew actually spawn outside the walls and encourage defenders to attempt to take it out to prevent the bombardment artillery, rather than all huddling together in lord room holding each other close as the attackers roll over you in a wave of red?

SC and 6v6 (when it happens once in a blue moon) is probably the most fun I’ve had.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard