Recent Topics

Ads

PVE Gear > PvP Gear?

Let's talk about... everything else
peterthepan3

Re: PVE Gear > PvP Gear?

Post#21 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:30 pm

adapter wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:17 pm Look, i am a PvPer as well and i despise every aspect of PvE, the fact that i have to play against da computer just feels off, playing against humans is wot gives meaning to my existence, i don't need dat filthy PvE gear, full Vanquisher / Invader is all i need to kill ma enemies
the only gud reason i see for me to do PvE, is for da appereances
The correct attitude to have if you insist on not doing a part of the game you may not want to. Scenario players have been doing RvR, PvE, and, most recently, Blobforts for a while now. Suck it up.

Ads
Ekundu01

Post#22 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:35 pm

Grunbag wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:33 pm Because we reworked pve gear to be not RnG drop anymore by adding quest to drop your gear . PvE gear is really fast to get compared to live . You can’t jump straight to end game dungeon and equip best PvE gear , like you can’t jump in fortress drop invader and equip it cause you need to grind your renown tank to equip it . That would result in having empty dungeon like on live . Next patch will be more friendly , you’ll be able to grind all your instance at the same time and not one instance after the other . Plus , you will be able to find more ppl to do it no matter if they have ward or not
I did see the quests for the gear to make it faster and that is a good change because i do remember running way too many dungeon runs to get pve gear and not see a single drop in multiple runs. I am not saying that we need all the ways to aquire the wards that live had but if it was tied to = tier pvp sets you would still have to put your time in either pve or renown rank to equip the pve equal pvp piece. There needs to be gear checks or why even bother with tiered pve content. If you allow every 40 to just jump in to any dungeon it just opens up a lot of failed groups unless you are going to add some bolster system inside the dungeons for people who don't have the gear to run it properly. I can't even imagine trying to heal a fresh 40 tank with random gear in bastion stair. :lol:

I didn't play all the way up to the shut down but I did see the effects of power creep on the higher sets you could get at RR100 and LotD nonsense that would put most of the pve gear sets to shame. I know you guys are trying to keep power creep from getting to those levels on this server but if you end with a rvr end game set with no pve equal the pve side of things will suffer the same fate it did on live.

Why spend time doing 3 or more dungeons when the best stuff is only able to come from having maxed renown rank?
Trismack

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#23 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:42 pm

Ekundu01 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:35 pm
Grunbag wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:33 pm Because we reworked pve gear to be not RnG drop anymore by adding quest to drop your gear . PvE gear is really fast to get compared to live . You can’t jump straight to end game dungeon and equip best PvE gear , like you can’t jump in fortress drop invader and equip it cause you need to grind your renown tank to equip it . That would result in having empty dungeon like on live . Next patch will be more friendly , you’ll be able to grind all your instance at the same time and not one instance after the other . Plus , you will be able to find more ppl to do it no matter if they have ward or not
I did see the quests for the gear to make it faster and that is a good change because i do remember running way too many dungeon runs to get pve gear and not see a single drop in multiple runs. I am not saying that we need all the ways to aquire the wards that live had but if it was tied to = tier pvp sets you would still have to put your time in either pve or renown rank to equip the pve equal pvp piece. There needs to be gear checks or why even bother with tiered pve content. If you allow every 40 to just jump in to any dungeon it just opens up a lot of failed groups unless you are going to add some bolster system inside the dungeons for people who don't have the gear to run it properly. I can't even imagine trying to heal a fresh 40 tank with random gear in bastion stair. :lol:

I didn't play all the way up to the shut down but I did see the effects of power creep on the higher sets you could get at RR100 and LotD nonsense that would put most of the pve gear sets to shame. I know you guys are trying to keep power creep from getting to those levels on this server but if you end with a rvr end game set with no pve equal the pve side of things will suffer the same fate it did on live.

Why spend time doing 3 or more dungeons when the best stuff is only able to come from having maxed renown rank?
Tyrant and sovereing will be 2 awesome set (appearances and stats), even if sovereign will be slightly better, there is an interest in running tovl for the glyph , tyrant and some other interesting drops. We indeed want to not make the same issue live had with dungeon and we want to keep dungeons populated for everyone . But we are also listening to all of you (the new ward requirement We will patch next Saturday is born from players feedback) and we are taking into account all suggestions and feedback . To goal is to have t enjoyable , not too long , challenging and fun. It’s not perfect but it’s WIP
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Collateral

Post#24 » Wed May 29, 2019 9:01 pm

Grunbag wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:42 pm Tyrant and sovereing will be 2 awesome set (appearances and stats), even if sovereign will be slightly better, there is an interest in running tovl for the glyph , tyrant and some other interesting drops. We indeed want to not make the same issue live had with dungeon and we want to keep dungeons populated for everyone . But we are also listening to all of you (the new ward requirement We will patch next Saturday is born from players feedback) and we are taking into account all suggestions and feedback . To goal is to have t enjoyable , not too long , challenging and fun. It’s not perfect but it’s WIP
Any news about LotD? Do you reckon it will come after cities or before?

qwerty113

Post#25 » Wed May 29, 2019 9:18 pm

Grunbag wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:26 pm Real end game gear will be sovereign (once we will release city siege) and it will have no pve equivalent. This set will have 2 versions like on live (one main spec , one alt spec) , so don’t worry about pvp players :)
Come on man, after Tiran set you should make some new pve content with equivalent of Sovereign. I think it will be mega cool
Feroze - wh | Faiz - bw
Roam video's thread

Aurandilaz

Post#26 » Wed May 29, 2019 9:39 pm

you get full Redeye in 9-12h
you get full Sent (exluding jewel grind) in 5-8 hours, if grinding, and assuming you optimize grind groups, then 15hours.
you can finish full conq in 5-10hours by just converting vanq medals down and zerging 2-3 lucky gold bags (assuming AAO and not being a order zerg blobber)
you can finish full Vanq in 20-40 hours of pvp, few lucky gold bags, and maybe ppl in party passing medals, goes very fast.
full invader is just about showing up to forts about 50 times, maybe your side wins or doesnt- doesnt matter because you get 4 free inv medals out of pity even if you spent 60min afk in jail or cultivating on top floor while others fought, and if your side wins, you join the lottery for gold bag. seen funny cases of ppl sitting 1h in jail thumbs up their asses and winning gold.

depending on class, and assuming you playing mainspecs, PVP gear sets are superior. Like Redeye is outright bad unless tank for 2-3pc combo. Sentinel outside 2-3 mainstat/wounds bonus is also bad. Weapons from city vary between "ok" (mdps/tank) to outright "lolwtf" (caster/healers).

No one is forced to pve. If someone gets +10 more str or +15 more wounds because they grinded pve, oh no, sounds gamebreaking as hell...
Gear from RvR is for majority of cases the superior choice.

And the other alternative would be to make pve rewards completely trash, in which case we would have forum rants about pve not being worth at all... and then devs make it worth for some classes, and that also gets "waaaagh gib free shinies i dont like pve" reactions, which somewhat ironic when said scrubs are often happy enough to zerg empty keeps for their rvr(pve) rewards.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#27 » Thu May 30, 2019 10:20 am

Collateral wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:01 pm
Grunbag wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:42 pm Tyrant and sovereing will be 2 awesome set (appearances and stats), even if sovereign will be slightly better, there is an interest in running tovl for the glyph , tyrant and some other interesting drops. We indeed want to not make the same issue live had with dungeon and we want to keep dungeons populated for everyone . But we are also listening to all of you (the new ward requirement We will patch next Saturday is born from players feedback) and we are taking into account all suggestions and feedback . To goal is to have t enjoyable , not too long , challenging and fun. It’s not perfect but it’s WIP
Any news about LotD? Do you reckon it will come after cities or before?
Probably after , I can’t duplicaye myself :) I rather have city siege done ASAP. Then I have to work on Hunter valley and Lost Vale before tovl :)

Sulorie

Post#28 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:04 am

Grunbag wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:20 am Then I have to work on Hunter valley ...
Any news on the intended rank of Hunter Valley dungeon?
Dying is no option.

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#29 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:32 am

Sulorie wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:04 am
Grunbag wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:20 am Then I have to work on Hunter valley ...
Any news on the intended rank of Hunter Valley dungeon?
Probably 40

Manatikik

Post#30 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:24 pm

Isn’t it Hunter’s Vale?
<Montague><Capulet>