Malekiths’s Bulwark?

Ads
DokB

Re: Ironbreaker vs Blackguard

Post#12 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:45 am

bichka wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:29 am
DokB wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:49 am

Both are hard to kill
both lacks any form of resistance buff, except IB with corp one for 10s. Not sure if any IB using it.
so they are not so hard. Only real defence IB have is 5s M2 against any damage.
Uhh sure, in a vacuum they lack magic resistance buffs (outside of SaS for IB – which you should always have up for the 20 seconds 50% AA increase alone) but these will always be covered by AM/Runie/KotBS/Sham/Zealot/BO/Chosen.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Azerreth

Post#13 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:51 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:28 pm
Azerreth wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:59 pm Seems like IB is stronger than BG, Might be the better synergy between them and their buffs. As well how they scale on armor and BG's scale more on toughness (Which was gutted and nerfed here.)
Disagee both are strong in small scale, though i agree that IB is strong there due to oath buffs but BG is still great for melee trains

but in ORvR and WB play BG is far stronger
then like 90% of the playerbase does it wrong, most of the time they are just running around two handed and end up dead. I feel like Bo And chosen are far superior choices, and I don't see any BG's able to pull off volo level shenanigans. (Volo himself admitted to being unable to make the blackguard shine.)

Im not saying they are bad, but IB is stronger. It hits harder; And seems to bring more to the table at any given time. As well I have a BG 40/60ish and I can't keep up with IB's and Im not saying im remotely that good. But I feel like they hit me far harder than I can hit them (On a one to one ratio). They are still fun and still decent, but They fall short compared to other tanks from other places which is why I swapped to BO.

Lokiusus

Post#14 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:28 am

Forgottenpassword wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:24 am
Edit:
Disclaimer: None of the below is meant to be an insult, or posturing - I do not intend to claim that I am better player.

3.) Just doing the bare minimum number crunching, reading up on toolkits, grouping up and communicating (on voice comms), possessing a modicum of positional awareness or simply itemizing (incl. pots) in a halfway reasonable manner puts anyone miles above the average player. In other words: being a <good> player on RoR means to grasp the very basics of the basics. In comparison to actually excellent players, such as Korze, Volgograd is merely a nice guy, an average (by other game's standards) player who had a lucky streak and alot of fun creating montages.
So you're deciding that he isn't a good player, just average, based on the idea that:

1) he didn't/doesn't crunch any numbers
2) he didn't/doesn't read about other classes
3) enjoys solo roaming more than grouping and thus plays that way more often (at least according to his videos)
4) he doesn't pay attention to his positioning and doesn't care about pots.

I mean, are you a psychic? You seem to have gained some deep inside knowledge about his personal preferences before you declared him "just another non-6v6 scrub."
BG: 80+ | BLORK: 70+ | CH: 60+ | CHOP 70+ | MARA 70+ | DOK: 70+ | WE 70+
aSW: 70+ (RIP) | SL 80+ | BW 70+ | WH 70+ | SM 60+

Aebel

Post#15 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:12 pm

I'm mostly just curious about how the two classes stack up in WB and small scale at level 40. So far I've learned that IB is way better in a solo and somewhat better in smallscale situation but BG is way better in WB

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:22 pm

BG is just as potent in 6man when played to its highest level. I can't fathom why people would think otherwise.

Tesq

Post#17 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:04 pm

The general analysis is this

Bg: s+b is useless it dosent , even if it have strong x se skill nothing usefull in conp. All are def purpose st debuff on enemey which are useless in sc where the tank play more aggressivly or are not aoe where things get massive.
2h is everything bg have but it have it good ; being a debuffer only tank mean you need to hit, 2h make that easier when it came to debuff tank frontline so the 2h bg is the only viable 2h tank on des side for wb play. Compared to ib it take also a lot of less magic dmg aka you dmg reduction is potentialy higher than an ib and chosen etc on magig dmg, Ib heal himaelf instead to compensate this (while you cant) due build opportunity. Ib have on right mastery (tough not 100% of time).

Ib:
Tri spec mean you have a build you basically play both for 2h and s+b also always have a 10 sec punt.
The 2h vs shield is not really a versus unless you plan play less support and go for block tactic on mid mastery but considering you can spec similar to chosen you could avoid that for a wb build and go full supp with again tri spec... (aka ib is similar to chosen more than bg in a lot of sense in spec options).

Bg also is an active tank in the sense they spam aoe and this mean you can take full use of vanquisher stuff which also stack with other shenanigans to be a dam living avoidance wall (really a monster tbh).

Ib is more a buffer/passive tank he dont attack for buff (so even if you have to use shitloads of skill and go mas you wont get the benefith from gear of being an active tank hence you will spec and play like a chosen. While bg play more like a sm.