Recent Topics

Ads

accumulate attack on 1 second

Let's talk about... everything else
rocc

accumulate attack on 1 second

Post#1 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:50 pm

I would like to have your opinion about this screenshoot of combat log :

is it normal to accumulate as much attack from the same player on a second : 14:51:15

Lag ? but there was not lag

Ads
WeGotThis

Re: accumulate attack on 1 second

Post#2 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:11 pm

Thats normal...

Every times you get hit 6-10 times a second, the Enemy is casting a skill, after the skill is out he follow up with an instant, so they hit same second, then dots, which are already applies tikin.. make it 4 hits, then autoattack and weapon dmg proc, that makes 6...

You have been attacked by engi, so his turret attacked you aswell and Flames of Ruin proced on some attacks.
That is normal, and can be done on destro and order side.

For me, (as i know most skill names) it explains your screenshot 100% ;)

rocc

Post#3 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:21 pm

Thank you for your answer.

Ok for the inge but for the slayer who put (Flurry, Reckless, attack, attack critic) in the same second, it's the same ?

Because, i can't put 2 differents attaks instant in the same second.

Jabba

Post#4 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:22 pm

Assuming you're talking about diezh.
He's a slayer in a group with a bright wizard, he's also dual wielding.
He hits you with both weapons' auto attacks, a skill of his own, one of those procs his subjugator weapon, and he procs the bw buff twice

Could have shown up with far more hits in there if he was in a group with a wp or had inevitable doom/onslaught already applied
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

noronn

Post#5 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:24 pm

flurry ability -> procs reckless gamble in same second -> auto attack mainhand -> procs flames of rhuin -> autoattack off hand (swings in same second as mainhand aa if it procs) -> procs subjugator dmg proc and flames of rhuin. this can all happen in the same timestamp

rocc

Post#6 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:39 pm

Thank you for your answers it's much clearer.

It is not obvious because there is no notice to understand how works of the game bu it's necessary for progess.

Grock

Post#7 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:31 pm

rocc wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:39 pm It is not obvious because there is no notice to understand how works of the game bu it's necessary for progess.
imho if you played different classes, pay attention to combat text and know names of abilities and effects it is all pretty clear

On-hit effects are applied at the same moment as the attack that activated them

Most channeled abilities(like engis Focused Fire) have instant tick when the cast is started, so if you start them immediately after an ability with regular cast-time(like Gun Blast) they hit at the same moment.

Auto-attack doesn't hit during cast/channel, but it will activate immediately after the cast or channel is finished or interrupted, so it often hits at the same moment as something like Gun Blast or last tick of FF

Some ranged attacks have projectiles with travel time and the damage is applied when projectile hits, one can combine such ability with a casted ability that hits instantly without delay to hit twice in one moment

Add a third ability with instant cast and instant hit and you hit the target with 3 sources of direct damage in the same timestamp (basically Sorc/BW/Sham/AM burst rotation)
Add procs, DoT ticks, pet damage or delayed damage of BW/Sorc on top of that and you get a combo that can one-shot full health player in one moment when executed properly.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

wachlarz

Post#8 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:34 pm

WHY I DONT SEE RIPOSTE !! :D

Ads
anarchypark

Post#9 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:34 am

hmm i thought there was a patch for proc to not stack.
or was it only apply to skill procs?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)