Recent Topics

Ads

Let's talk about... everything else
xpander
Community Management

Re: Feedback: City Siege, a failure?

Post#31 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:52 am

Ototo wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:37 am
This comment brings up a thing that has been deterring me from defending Forts in NA prime. There is literally no point to go there and basically feed the zerg realm, cause due to your realm being so vastly outnumbered you have no chance at all to enter a contribution, hence you go there as a renown reward for the enemy zerg without a reward for you. I would really like to see a system that rewarded the heavily underpopulated realm. Like if lets say your realm has 80-100% AAO, not unusual in NA prime, you get the Invader medals for pretty much 1/4 of the contribution threshold that is currently implemented. As it is right now, there is no incentive to defend, or even enter, a Fort when you are the underdog, cause you play for zero rewards.

For the rest, agreed with this post and dev team position: Zerg should never be rewarded, and that is what happens in NA prime.

They say "we worked hard"....... hahahahahaha!!! I was there. It was a freaking destro tide in main attack zones. No work at all. PvE keeps and Forts. I was so bored (was playing destro) that when there was no more side zones to pick, I logged in T1. I had zero interest in a city siege like that. And guess what? T1 was exactly the same, so I simply logged out.

I have no idea how people can come here with balls of steel to say "we worked hard".... you literally did nothing. Zero, nada, empty, vacuum. Nothing. You PvE your way to city, so don't expect RvR rewards for it.
Worked Hard wasn't implied to PvE Keeps at the end when Order just gave up or logged off. It was meant for the time when both sides tried to capture the zones, nobody succeeded ofc, it was back and forth, zone switches etc, but i bet most gave everything on their side to just stop other realm to get the zones :)
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Ads
Ototo

Post#32 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:14 am

xpander wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:52 am
Spoiler:
Ototo wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:37 am
This comment brings up a thing that has been deterring me from defending Forts in NA prime. There is literally no point to go there and basically feed the zerg realm, cause due to your realm being so vastly outnumbered you have no chance at all to enter a contribution, hence you go there as a renown reward for the enemy zerg without a reward for you. I would really like to see a system that rewarded the heavily underpopulated realm. Like if lets say your realm has 80-100% AAO, not unusual in NA prime, you get the Invader medals for pretty much 1/4 of the contribution threshold that is currently implemented. As it is right now, there is no incentive to defend, or even enter, a Fort when you are the underdog, cause you play for zero rewards.

For the rest, agreed with this post and dev team position: Zerg should never be rewarded, and that is what happens in NA prime.

They say "we worked hard"....... hahahahahaha!!! I was there. It was a freaking destro tide in main attack zones. No work at all. PvE keeps and Forts. I was so bored (was playing destro) that when there was no more side zones to pick, I logged in T1. I had zero interest in a city siege like that. And guess what? T1 was exactly the same, so I simply logged out.

I have no idea how people can come here with balls of steel to say "we worked hard".... you literally did nothing. Zero, nada, empty, vacuum. Nothing. You PvE your way to city, so don't expect RvR rewards for it.
Worked Hard wasn't implied to PvE Keeps at the end when Order just gave up or logged off. It was meant for the time when both sides tried to capture the zones, nobody succeeded ofc, it was back and forth, zone switches etc, but i bet most gave everything on their side to just stop other realm to get the zones :)
Your comment doesn't fit reality. In EU time the underdog realm worked its ass out to reach Caledor, and I repeat, as the underdog realm, but was too much for a zone capture due to lack of raw numbers. Yet still 150 vs 200 managed to hold the ground for hours. Then at the end of EU prime things went south in less than one hour. Order AAO moved from 20-40% to 100-200% in main zones. I was playing in side zones as destro with neither side having AAO and being called "useless" and "distraction" by the NA zergs. I actually fought and won zones that were RvR lakes, with both sides having the same amount of players. The zerg did literally nothing, except to beg us to stop (what?!?!) so that they can lock all zones, doing literally no other effort that amassing huge numbers.

Whoever say that destro is more whatever than order lies; it's all about zergling. No strategy, no coordination, no nothing. Just "we move to X, you random strangers can work ranking Y for us (cause that is too boring for us pros), but don't you dare to take it!! We will go in our white unicorns and be the saviours". How can these people be so incredibly self-entitled when their success is nowhere to be found is beyond me. Their only accomplishment is to amass even more a currently massed zerg.
Spoiler:

Vanmeldebrecht

Post#33 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:45 am

In the spirit of this post here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35176

I just wonder what the plans are for keeping oRvR active and what will be done to prevent ppl from gearing up during low pop hours.

Why?
- Simple, as it was already proven on live warhammer, ppl will start to throw zones in order to get cities, which kinda kills oRvR which in turn should make out a large portion of this game or am I wrong?!

- I can see that more and more ppl will start playing more opportunistic and log on only when there are city sieges, as it is already the case for forts.

And of course it is to a large amount a player mind set issue, but it needs to be addressed rather sooner than later.
I'm not sure how this can be addressed in an appropriate way but :!: for sure that contribution thing how it is for forts now is not the way.
I hope the ror team thinks about this.

I wanna remind you folks (community) that this is a PVP game and not a PVdoor grindfest.
You can have fun roaming as well, you know, not just sitting in keeps for ages waiting for someone to siege.... BORING
And for the dominating side if u dominate start action by sieging not rolling low numbers on open field for hours.

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#34 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:34 pm

Everyone who partakes to the push of a fort or city siege should be able to obtain rewards and join the fight. The entire Queue scenanegan needs to go, especially when ppl that did nothing to even push the zone can just log in and get ''lucky'' while you sit out in a queue that might or might not happen.

To allow rng or other factors to decide whether you can or not ''play'' it's detrimental and will for sure drive people away from it on top of promoting extreme server swap and city/fortress throwing.

Also like someone mentioned above, people will just log in when it's city/fort time and gear up on graveyard hours shifts.

wachlarz

Post#35 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:39 pm

Wam wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:36 am play both sides... swap to underdog, don't zerg

it was 220 D vs 100 O at 3 am EU time... almost record numbers for destro at alarm o clock

Keeps got zerged, forts got zerged...

so should zerging be rewarded more than it already is? Maybe people should swap and play the underdog more and this would be less of a problem?

Its harsh for people to fight constantly outnumbered... and yes its harsh for you also when numbers was more even to draw the short straw and miss out on this occasion ... but you need to see it from both sides of the coin and see the one solution is playing the underdog side instead of people overstacking one realm... and it will swing back and forth as population does.

But maybe it deters a little bit of the alarm clock raiding which is soon to be a ever present like it was on live

sorry for your bad luck and better luck next time.
Let me think:

Fighters for balance.
1. Jumps on accounts to have AAO. (devs don't support this)
2. Always a lot of RR and medallions
3. Now guaranteed entry to the city.
4. Dress the character on one side, they can go to the other side.

Person playing on one account:
1. Plays on one account like devs want.
2. Medallions, RR sometimes good sometimes bad (1RR, no medalions)
3. I have to fight to enter the city siege.
4. I have to wait for my side dont zerg to dress up a character on one account.

Who is the victim here and who is the combinator?

Lithenir

Post#36 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:51 pm

wachlarz wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:39 pm
Wam wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:36 am play both sides... swap to underdog, don't zerg

it was 220 D vs 100 O at 3 am EU time... almost record numbers for destro at alarm o clock

so should zerging be rewarded more than it already is? Maybe people should swap and play the underdog more and this would be less of a problem?

Its harsh for people to fight constantly outnumbered... and yes its harsh for you also when numbers was more even to draw the short straw and miss out on this occasion ... but you need to see it from both sides of the coin and see the one solution is playing the underdog side instead of people overstacking one realm... and it will swing back and forth as population does.

But maybe it deters a little bit of the alarm clock raiding which is soon to be a ever present like it was on live

Let me think:

Fighters for balance.

Let me fix it for you
1. Checks RoR Homepage for population
2. Loggs into side which is outnumbered.
3. Numbers switch? Can change faction after 1.5 hrs to play outnumbered realm

zak68

Post#37 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:01 pm

Lithenir wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:51 pm 3. Numbers switch? Can change faction after 1.5 hrs to play outnumbered realm
because we have all the time in the world...

Ototo

Post#38 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:03 pm

wachlarz wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:39 pm
Spoiler:

Let me think:

Fighters for balance.

1. I only have one account, play both sides whichever character I feel like. As I only have one I may be wrong, but, realm lockout is about IP instead of about account? I'm pretty damn sure that you can't log the other realm, even from different accounts, from the same IP address.
2. Underdog often rewards A LOT less medals, with the extremely rare exceptions of successful defenses and/or contribution roll. I repeat: EXTREMELY rare. Slightly more renown though, but nothing like the party that you make it sounds. You are fighting vastly outnumbered often, and for each kill you die a couple times.
3. City siege is not the PvE zergling that destro has been doing lately.
4. What's the point of this part? As underdog it will take you much longer to get full Invader, and you can't be seriously saying that a realm geared in Vanq and Conq is gonna rolfstomp the other that has double its numbers. Either delusional or directly rage-lie.
Spoiler:

Ads
Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#39 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:05 pm

Do we want to address the whole 1RR per kill btw? Who would even consider wanting to play like that? Seriously this is none sense. I get the penalty for outnumbering the opponents but 1rr??

Ototo

Post#40 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:13 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:05 pm Do we want to address the whole 1RR per kill btw? Who would even consider wanting to play like that? Seriously this is none sense. I get the penalty for outnumbering the opponents but 1rr??
Solution: Don't go to zones where you outnumber by more than 20%. It's easy. I do that to actually play instead of zerg. I did that 10 hours ago in destro and had great fun taking actual zones that were a challenge, with actual fights and rewards in renown. You got nothing cause you were just rolfstomping, and that should not be rewarded at all. I would even reconsider to drop to 0rr for more than 100% debuff. That way you would get realm balance.
Spoiler: