Ads

Looking for a Guide on Zones/RvR/Campaign

Let's talk about... everything else
Hasil

Looking for a Guide on Zones/RvR/Campaign

Post#1 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:48 pm

I found this in the Wiki:

https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/index.php/Zones

But it doesn't have much information. I'm looking for a basic guide, a refresher, about how zone zone control works, how the points build up to allow siege of the city, etc. I'm returning and I don't remember much from when I played years ago.

It is also weird to me -- with a limited player base, is locking previous zones required for building up to a city siege? If so, does that mean you need to have alts to cap lower zones then swap to your main for the city siege? And what happens when you out-level the lower zones, you need to constantly reroll?

Anyway -- any guides or explanations of the basics for a returning palyer would be much appreciated :) Thanks!

Ads
Hiszp4n

Re: Looking for a Guide on Zones/RvR/Campaign

Post#2 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:53 pm

It was changed so many times ^^

Basically t2-4 zones are merged now. Campaign starts at t2 zones(all 3 of them) and by capturing them you slowly push it forward to T3 and then T4 mid zones(Praag, Dragonwake and Thunder Mountain). Now lets say that destro captured Praag, it will cause Pre-fort zone(Reikland in this case) to unlock, by capturing those you will unlock the fort. To unlock the City you will need to capture 2 forts. In case you failed at either Prefort zone or Fort(In this case Order succesfully defends the zone), the action will be moved back to T4 Mid zone, so back to Praag. After capturing The City, the campaign will reset and we will start over. :)

Hasil

Post#3 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:04 am

Interesting. So it is the case that you still need lower level characters to push the zones to unlock the city? So you always need alts?

It seems like they should allow you to lock the level of your characters, since I think when this system was envisioned, they anticipated constant rerolls to keep the lower zones full. With a more limited population, they should just let you cap your level so you don't have to delete and reroll all the time.

wonshot

Post#4 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:32 am

A while ago I made a writeup for how Fortresses work. its still up-to-date:
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=35455

under the "beginners survival kit" sub forum you might be able to find some good guides for topics like this.

if not,
T2 and T3 zones doesnt really matter too much on what realm locks them, they will push a zone in the racial pairing one tier up. For example a zonelock in T2 Dwarf vs Greenskin will open up T3 in that pairing. These zones have a lack of appeal as new chars outlevel the oRvR influence too rapidly to grind and use the gear obtained. These T2+T3 zones are mostly just speedbumps for the campaign, and can serve a use for picking up the playerkill-quests in the Warcamps to getting Seals for your 3day +25%renown potions (purchased in capital)

When the campaign reaches T4 zonelocks and momentum start mattering, if we use the example of T3 Dwarf vs Greenskin racial pairing. If T4 Middlezone of Thundermountain locks the racial pairing will be pushed closer to the loosing Realm's fortress by one T4 zone. So Kadrin Valley if Destro locks Thundermountain, or Black Craig if Order locks TM.

In Order to reach a racial pairing fortress several zonelocks must be reached by the same realm, on top of that, in order to besiege the enemy Capital 2 full T4 racial pairings must be won by a realm and the fortress lords defeated! (Dwarf vs Greenskin (1) Highelf vs Darkelf(2) Chaos vs Empire(3))

So how do you lock a zone?
Captureing two battleobjectives and holding them, will make resource boxes spawn on the Flag on the BO. picking these boxes up and turning them in at the flag on the bottomfloor of your realm's keep in the zone will give progression to build keepranks (yellow bar on the keep on the map)

After reaching 2stars you can spawn and deploy a ram from your inventory, if you have purchased one at a siege merchant and I do think there is a requirement to be within a highrank guild to deploy the ram(?) Bring a couple of singletarget canons along with the Ram and drag the siege weapons to the enemy keep.

If a ram is destroyed it has a 10minut respawn timer, it can decay if left unattended by the player spawning the ram leaving it behind or too far away. Canons have more ammunition applied to them as more resources are turned into your own keep while siegeing.

Enemy players can deploy an Oil cauldron at outer and inner keepgatehouse, after each oil is destroyed it has a 3min cooldown exactly before it can be redeployed. Compared to Offensive siege weapons that have endless uses, an oil cost 5gold and is gone from your inventory when used.

After succesfully breaching outer gate and inner, battling the keeplord and clearing the keepfrom defenders the keep will turn into a "ruin" after the lord dies. Meaning keepdoors will no longer respawn no matter what. Defenders cant deploy any oils, but do have the option to spawn rams at their warcamps now instead of their lost keep.

To lock the zone, one realm must controle their own keep/ruin + enemy keep/ruin and 3/4 battleobjectives.

The live vision of RvR campaign, mostly still correct with some changes on RoR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G6d7TFVoy4
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Hiszp4n

Post#5 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:11 am

Hasil wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:04 am Interesting. So it is the case that you still need lower level characters to push the zones to unlock the city? So you always need alts?

It seems like they should allow you to lock the level of your characters, since I think when this system was envisioned, they anticipated constant rerolls to keep the lower zones full. With a more limited population, they should just let you cap your level so you don't have to delete and reroll all the time.
There is no need for low level toons at all, t2-3 zones are opened for EVERYONE above r16. Simply pick your favourive toon and roll over Ostland with rr80 at your side :D

Hasil

Post#6 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:22 am

Thanks all!