Recent Topics

Ads

The /ad chan

Let's talk about... everything else
Alcan
Suspended

The /ad chan

Post#1 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:22 pm

Im prolly gonna get a ban or so for bringing this up!

But aint the /ad for advice only specially no that alot of new ppl?

Ads
Ghostwalker

Re: The /ad chan

Post#2 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:26 pm

Alcan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:22 pm Im prolly gonna get a ban or so for bringing this up!

But aint the /ad for advice only specially no that alot of new ppl?
Not sure this is ban-able offence just bringing this up, but yes the /advice channel is meant for advice but as with all mmo's people troll chat channels hard, I have one character that doesn't have the /advice channel active..very useful if you want to ignore all the BS plus that orange spam gives me eye ache lol

Alcan
Suspended

Post#3 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:28 pm

Im for one have loads of lvl 40 chars and i take a pride in giving advice to the new boom just hate thos that flood /ad so you dont see the q and if you say anything they rage at you!

Alcan
Suspended

Post#4 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:37 pm

It atm looks like that if you wanna give advice and no gm on the ppl just laught and rage at you for saying stuff like "Ppl plz use /ad for advice only" after that you get raged at since its only chan they can discuss stuff in
'

Vayra

Post#5 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:11 pm

Not sure if Order is different, but on Destro it seems like questions get answered quickly and accurately, even if there's other discussions going on in the channel at the same time.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:37 pm

The only bannable offence here is that this Alcan has been warned directly by a GM to simply report and move on, do not engage with /ad trolling. Then he came to me about it, ignoring the request of the GM, and got told in much clearer terms to report and move on. Now you're bringing it up again, and that's not going over well internally.

It's not your job to patrol /ad. Yes discussions get out of hand, sometimes intentionally, sometimes not. No, you are not the person to yell at the channel. Chances are that will only aggravate people further and cause more of a damn mess when a GM gets involved. When people abuse the advice channel, they get warnings, they get muted, and that time escalates. Let them work their way out of the system for abusing advice chat and everything will be fine.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Omegus

Post#7 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:57 pm

Vayra wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:11 pm Not sure if Order is different, but on Destro it seems like questions get answered quickly and accurately, even if there's other discussions going on in the channel at the same time.
Yep. It occasionally goes off-topic (guilty of that myself) but usually goes back to normal pretty quickly. The OP seems to be an order player and it would be sad if their /ad was more toxic :(
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Alcan
Suspended

Post#8 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:14 pm

This was all asked about you War! not what you told sry m8

Ads
Alcan
Suspended

Post#9 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:14 pm

i Even asked about it

Alcan
Suspended

Post#10 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:17 pm

Dont get why and admin says this stuff like ive be warnend really dosent matter sinde /ad is for advice