Recent Topics

Ads

Debate about why Order is how it is.

Let's talk about... everything else
Alterkraft

Re: Debate about why Order is how it is.

Post#141 » Wed May 06, 2020 12:12 pm

Wam wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:50 am Magus/Engi Welf/WH and SW need some fine tuning and love more than any other classes to be fair
Welf/WH aoe nerf
Then it will be down to organisational issues... I think its more composition based than anything, bringing those other classes up (mentioned above) instead of tearing some down can only be a good thing
You can still do fine with WH/WE with the right comp just requires proper synergy to coordinate morals between either your AM and knight on order and BO/mara on destro. And ruthless targeting and peeling :) that said the 3 target slice/razor fix hit it hard.
Last edited by Alterkraft on Wed May 06, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Kaelang

Post#142 » Wed May 06, 2020 12:16 pm

Starx wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:02 pm Also elves are cool watch your tongue man, its the dw*rfs that people dont like :^)
Can confirm.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Kloaner

Post#143 » Wed May 06, 2020 12:23 pm

kmark101 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:40 pm Why are you even challenging this, don't you see the results yourself?
why not? If I change the Date of the Topic to 2010, Order will cry that they lose all fights because of the DoK Moralpump, that they don't have not enough Tanks and so on. New is that the Shaman is so OP that if 1 get into a City in all other Instances Order will also suffer a Defeat.
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

YourDarling

Post#144 » Wed May 06, 2020 1:07 pm

TreefAM wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:44 am
YourDarling wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:06 am BG have one of dangerous antimag variations and UNIQUE autodetaunt. In order no one have autodetaunt.
Lmao what are you even talking about, the detaunt is a useless skill and not a single BG will run that over anything else they have in their toolkit for city wbs.
And what "antimag" nonsense, are you talking about the outgoing heal debuff? It's a single dot that is cleansable by both AM and WP, it's pretty good if you're doing scenarios but in the cities you benefit much more from both the parry tactic and wave of scorn.
tactic that can cleanse any detaunt im sorry

Vayra

Post#145 » Wed May 06, 2020 1:12 pm

YourDarling wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:07 pm
TreefAM wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:44 am
YourDarling wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:06 am BG have one of dangerous antimag variations and UNIQUE autodetaunt. In order no one have autodetaunt.
Lmao what are you even talking about, the detaunt is a useless skill and not a single BG will run that over anything else they have in their toolkit for city wbs.
And what "antimag" nonsense, are you talking about the outgoing heal debuff? It's a single dot that is cleansable by both AM and WP, it's pretty good if you're doing scenarios but in the cities you benefit much more from both the parry tactic and wave of scorn.
tactic that can cleanse any detaunt im sorry
He understood what you meant. No BGs run it unless they're going full on DPS in scenarios. In city any 2H BG will not even touch that tree as they'd rather have AOE Snare and Crimson Death from the two other trees.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

TreefAM

Post#146 » Wed May 06, 2020 1:29 pm

YourDarling wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:07 pm tactic that can cleanse any detaunt im sorry
There is only one tested variation that a 2h BG might go for in a city, and that is if he is part of a specific party inside the warband that is focused on strangling their backline.
RoR.builders - Black Guard

There might be something different with the 6piece sov, but no BG will look twice at the detaunt tactic.

wonshot

Post#147 » Wed May 06, 2020 1:36 pm

Alright.

Some good points, some thick bias, a little bit of derailing, and quite a lot of good posts so far :D

First of all,
@TUP I respect the input and it does prove a point that you guys made it happen on Orderside, but you are either fishing for bragging or completly ignoring how stacked your roster is in your guild. No other Order guild can come close to your results. As most Order warband guilds have atleast one clicker, and over 50% fillers who 6man heroes would lable "warbandshitters" because they would only know how to Hold the line and dont know what to do in city against a melee comp, and proceed to hold the line hopeing for the best. This is simply just the result of an overall casualmindset on a small private server. All the decent or beond average warbandplayers are spread in two-group-guilds on Order. CNTK, Beavers, VII, French guy + other natinal guilds. If they all merged their best players together, sure they could over time give TUP a run for their money. I played in VII and it was close to being good with alot of hard work newcomers were trained and brough up to speed, for the few that wanted to put in the work. But still couldnt break the "3fullgroupcurse" Now in TC things are even worse because people remain in their old guilds and the core of the solid warbandplayers are sticking to their old guilds instead of pursueing the toplevel no matter the cost. Yes TUP have absorbed pretty much all active DnD members apart from me, because those toptier players wanted to play with the best so TUP was an easy choice (credit to you Wam) But building a warband roster on Order is just... Not happening it seems.

But as of right now, Order is limmited by feeling like Scotland witheveryone stuck to their "Clans" and not united into a powerhouse.
Thats it for the top MinMaxing guild vs guild.

Now Dan brough up a few cases of how Fenryls lfg/5 warband would lose to a FMJ none 2-2-2 warband. That does bring attention and proff to the case of Destro having more flexibility variability. I dont think anyone truely want to contest this. Yes Meatball is bringing more than ASW, yes there are more tanks on destro who can do moraleselfpump and throw out a very impactful M2 bellow to swing the fight in their favor. But it doesnt take away from the fact that Order has some overtuned and directly stronger classes and setups. its just rare and far between that they get to run them, and probably why we see bigger win rate for destro in city. As all the rest of the average pug vs pug matches are going in destro favor, in a mix of having more flexibility on their class setups, more spread between their archtypes, more organization, but also more impactful pug winning tools- such as aoe knockdown, faster morales, and displacements. When theres a pug vs pug warband and Order's only plan is to do damage and healing, a sudden %50Bellow will do amazing work, just like a 10man aoe knockdown or just a couple of chosen standing with 25% incomeing healdebuff aura if the order puggies dont have the perfect setup of knight+wp+rp to outscale it.

So WHY are Order so disorganized?
Well the few citywarband leaders all have their discords filled up with players tagging them soon as a city is happening, they dont need to dive into the ingame lfg channel to fill their needs and rosters (same on destro i perssume?) So after the few discord city-warband leaders have soaked up the good/decent tanks and purehealers, draining those pools for the rest of the puggies even further lol.
And on a realm where the archtypes are this uneven on the spread with RDPS being too heavy to make up for the lack of tanks and pure healers, we will see these ragtag order instances with 5engineers some shadow warriors, maybe a tank and a healer for each party. But you get the idea.

Sure a snowball effect can be a result of this, people accept their faith on order and just continue to grind royals on their engineers who is now 30%winrate and only a few months more away from sov. Where as destro puggies are loving their 2-2-2 pug life facing 60% free win instances.

But it brings me back to my initial question, WHY are Order so heavily stacked on RDPS and lack the archtype spread we see on destro? Can the community fix this, or do we need bigger dwarves, more armored slayers, and Witchhunter hats for all melee classes?
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Nekkma

Post#148 » Wed May 06, 2020 1:55 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:36 pm So WHY are Order so disorganized?
Well, if you can get in by solo que alot of player will just do that. I used to do that on destro (because it is relaxing) but now that's not longer possible. When i solo qued I had about 50/50 winrate. Since solo que became a no go I have won basically all cities (mostly against order pugs with terrible set up).
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Ads
Foofmonger

Post#149 » Wed May 06, 2020 1:57 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:36 pm
So WHY are Order so disorganized?
Well the few citywarband leaders all have their discords filled up with players tagging them soon as a city is happening, they dont need to dive into the ingame lfg channel to fill their needs and rosters (same on destro i perssume?) So after the few discord city-warband leaders have soaked up the good/decent tanks and purehealers, draining those pools for the rest of the puggies even further lol.
And on a realm where the archtypes are this uneven on the spread with RDPS being too heavy to make up for the lack of tanks and pure healers, we will see these ragtag order instances with 5engineers some shadow warriors, maybe a tank and a healer for each party. But you get the idea.

Sure a snowball effect can be a result of this, people accept their faith on order and just continue to grind royals on their engineers who is now 30%winrate and only a few months more away from sov. Where as destro puggies are loving their 2-2-2 pug life facing 60% free win instances.

But it brings me back to my initial question, WHY are Order so heavily stacked on RDPS and lack the archtype spread we see on destro? Can the community fix this, or do we need bigger dwarves, more armored slayers, and Witchhunter hats for all melee classes?
Maybe looks play a factor but it would be just a factor, and I think the hypothesis of "order looks lame, destro cool" is just a little too simplistic to be accurate.

Let me propose another hypothesis. Seems like a lot of the orders top streamers are RR80+ Bright Wizard players.... wonder who people are taking their inspiration from.

Maybe.... we should set an example for our realms instead of perpetuating the problem? Maybe we should do some introspection and think about how we as individuals influence the community. It seems a little silly for the highest RR Bright Wizard on Order to make a post about how Order has too many RDPS.... why don't you start maining a pure healer or pure tank and streaming that? Why does everyone else have to play tanks/healers but it's ok for you personally to be one of the "too many RDPS"?

Now if we really want to get into the psychology of the playerbase and potential biases towards good/evil duality we could always go in that direction. There's a host of potential reaons why players who are drawn to "the good guys", may have different aspects of psychology that impacts their overall organization. We can't necessarily link causality here, but it could be an interesting line of thought. Maybe people who are drawn to being the "good guys" have higher levels of egotism, entitlement, and self importance and don't work as well with others? Maybe people who are drawn to being the "good guys" have absorbed the narrative of the "heroes journey" where the "good guys should always win", and then make forum posts when they don't always win because of their own inflated sense of entitlement?

For some more context: I've only fought you in a City once Bombling, I believe in March. I was around RR45 and I was in annihilator, we had a 20 man group with 4 pugs and a bunch of newer/lower level players in our wb. You were in the full thundercats warband. You guys absolutely crushed our wb in the first fight (I watched the entire thing from your Engie's stream btw so I got to see the Order's perspective and discussions, after the city was over of course, not during), and then we started to discuss what you were doing and how to adjust our strategy to beat you. We adjusted our strategy, and we ended up winning every stage and turned what was about to be a City stomp on your side into a very long, drawn out, semi-even fight where we won after a grueling battle (and throwing ourselves at the doors over and over again in stage 1).

What you guys didn't do however, was adjust. You kept on using your same strategy of trying to clump and bomb us down. We realized what you were doing, and intentionally baited you guys into bad bombs to get you out of position and then would assist train down your squishies. For the first 20 minutes of the city, you guys thought you were fighting a pug and it only clicked what was happening to you guys when you started to lose. The hubris your WB had from your perspective was your biggest downfall, you guys didn't really analyze who you were playing against, what their comp was, and weren't adjusting and adapting your playstyle to a changing environment. You did something that worked one time and then tried to do it over and over again like beating your head into a wall until your brain oozes out your ears. We didn't do that. We read you, adapted, and defeated you.

So in my personal experience, Order is losing cities due to a combination of hubris, incompetence, and a complete inability to adapt and not just stick with a single playstyle/battleplan. In a way, it's a lot like other games like playing poker (or other videogames) or even basic darwinism. Those that do not adapt, go extinct.
Last edited by Foofmonger on Wed May 06, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wonshot

Post#150 » Wed May 06, 2020 2:06 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:57 pm Maybe.... we should set an example for our realms instead of perpetuating the problem? Maybe we should do some introspection and think about how we as individuals influence the community. It seems a little silly for the highest RR Bright Wizard on Order to make a post about how Order has too many RDPS.... why don't you start maining a pure healer or pure tank and streaming that? Why does everyone else have to play tanks/healers but it's ok for you personally to be one of the "too many RDPS"?
I started focusing on my WP "Orderling" several weeks ago. But I dont really play outside of guild events, so my contribution would not help the pug vs pug general balance of the game.
I do see your point though. As I have BW rr 89 and Engineer rr 77 on order, where as I have Meatball and Choppa in full invader on destro plus a vanq zealot. So I am by nomeans helping the RDPS situation AT ALL.

But that is because of my personal dislike for how the mdps feel on order, and if i dont really like their class mechanics and on top of it find them unattractive plus i know my leveling and pug exeprience would be heavily based around losses due to lack of guards in the pug enviroment, then i just simply chose not to :)

That being said though, I think my BW guide and my stream very clearly show that I only play my RDPS classes in closequaters gameplay and only in a semiorganized setting. with little to no pugging
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO