Recent Topics

Ads

New small playgroup need composition help.

Let's talk about... everything else
JadsiaDax

New small playgroup need composition help.

Post#1 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:44 pm

Hi there, like many others my small group of friends is going to play some WAR! We have 4-5 people. (5th won’t play as much but is an engie).

At this moment we have .....

Arch mage (will be a healer)
Kotbs
Slayer
And me. (Other classes are set only mine is flexible so don’t tell me am healing sucks. )

I’m not sure what would be a good fit to complete the squad. I was thinking a 2nd healer would be good but I’d want to melee wp which I understand isn’t viable. My other thought was either a bw to really amp up the dps or a sword master so we can have 2 guards in our squad but will the am be able to heal everyone etc

TL:DR
New group is set and I am looking to fill out the roster. Classes I like would be melee wp. Sm, bw.
Not sure what is meta or w/e but I just want a good balanced group so we can enjoy all content. Pve and pvp.

Ads
Kaelang

Re: New small playgroup need composition help.

Post#2 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:46 pm

Second tank, or second healer imo.

The standard meta is 2/2/2 (2 tanks, 2 heals, 2 dps).
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Sandinio

Post#3 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:28 pm

WL for burst damage
ORDER
Sandinio - mDPS follower KotBS - 40/80
Acutor - Bombing BW - 40/68
Derrak - retired Slayer - 40/4x
Gurat - sWP - 40/4x
and few others

DESTRO
Sandiago - new mDPS follower BG 40
Guraoth - sDoK to see the difference to sWP 40

TreefAM

Post#4 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:31 pm

Second healer or second tank.
Since you mentioned SM, go for it, they're pretty good with slayers.

Telen
Suspended

Post#5 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:57 pm

BW

perseas

Post#6 » Thu May 14, 2020 5:04 am

If you want dps WL , you need some mobility between join or leave the fight for help your healer
, other option WP as a healer , and AM can go hybrid healer/support

Jabba

Post#7 » Thu May 14, 2020 10:38 am

2nd healer is best choice, especially for when your engi friend is playing too, rdps would be 2nd best.

Your healer will already be under pressure single healing a slayer against anyone competent. Don't make it worse for them and your tank by adding another mdps who wouldn't have a dedicated guard.

Adding another tank doesn't add a huge amount, survivability would be far higher in your group with a 2nd healer rather than a 2nd tank, and killing power would be better with a rdps instead of your tank. If you added a rdps instead of a 2nd healer, you would still be a very easy group to kill relying on a solo am to keep up 5 of you, 1 of which would be a slayer and the other 2 unguarded dps
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge