Recent Topics

Ads

Please remove the restriction on selection for ranked scenarios!

Let's talk about... everything else
Niky

Re: Please remove the restriction on selection for ranked scenarios!

Post#21 » Thu May 14, 2020 11:25 am

dalen wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:27 am Yes, for next season I think we should initialize the algorithm with a lower volatility value so the MMR swings from the first few matches are smaller.
If you turned off matchmaking considering the rating in the very near future. This would be really good.

PS: If you reset the current season without rewards. To make changes to the reting system. No one will be offended.
Destro: Mara Nyky / DOK Crystof
Order: SL Niky / BW Nykky / SW Nyky / WL Nikky / SM Ulee
Live: WP Eprst

Ads
theoddone

Post#22 » Thu May 14, 2020 11:51 am

If solo ranked stays as it is atm it will most likely die out.
-Theo

dalen
Developer

Post#23 » Thu May 14, 2020 12:04 pm

Sure, we can try with a larger bracket size for a while and see. Switched to a large bracket now, queue up and play.

I also announced in game.
Source Developer

Niky

Post#24 » Thu May 14, 2020 12:07 pm

dalen wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:04 pm Sure, we can try with a larger bracket size for a while and see. Switched to a large bracket now, queue up and play.

Thanks so much for such a quick response. And a huge respect.

jokerspsycho

Post#25 » Thu May 14, 2020 1:17 pm

I think the biggest issue is incentive. With the recent changes of needing tok to get invaders and royals from bags and the fact that the rewards are either not worth it or side grades, a lot of people dont want to do it. Adding some talismans, pots, appearances, etc could garner more players. Hoping the weapons and jewelry will bring more people to the game mode but if the items follow suit, they will be a side grade to gear and you will be better off doing orvr/pve/SCs for your weapons and jewelry.

Ranked has has also created a community of, to be honest, pissy people. When someone waits an hr to get a game and their dps is in conq and no talismans they get mad, crap talk, then that person who got crapped on all game by his teammates doesnt want to play anymore, thus less people Qing.

Sandinio

Post#26 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:23 pm

Rlyeh wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 10:42 am Image
Turn off this useless game MODE!
After waiting for half an hour, wasting this time in the most sophisticated way, they turn off the game with great annoyance and irritation.
I fixed it for you.

What about let focus Devs on something else which 1k players are playing (rvr) and not waste time on niche game mode for 50 players.

Btw. I'm not against Ranked SC, but even first day was terrible to get game.
ORDER
Sandinio - mDPS follower KotBS - 40/80
Acutor - Bombing BW - 40/68
Derrak - retired Slayer - 40/4x
Gurat - sWP - 40/4x
and few others

DESTRO
Sandiago - new mDPS follower BG 40
Guraoth - sDoK to see the difference to sWP 40

Dondabon

Post#27 » Thu May 14, 2020 2:51 pm

Did you think about changing solo ranked from 2/2/2 to 1/2/1 (1 tank, 2 dps, 1 healer).
Think this could solve multiple issues we currently have:
- It would take less people to pop a match, so calibration of MMR could be done quicker
- There is usually more dps then tanks&healers, due to number of dps classes compared to other 2. With this format we would give chance to more dps to join games
- With same amount of people we would have more matches, making ques also faster
- Games would be much quicker and more dynamic, so I would say not a lot of games would last 15min (now like 70-80% goes full length) - faster matches mean faster reques, means even more games
- This could lead to people seeing Ranked scs as best way to farm oppressor emblems, meaning even more ques (new TV). If you want to avoid this you can reduce awards

There are probably more benefits for this format, this is what pops on top of my head now.
Of course, I don't know how this would impact balance of the game. On top DPS may feel like their impact is lower than tank/healer. But it might be worth testing out, at least on some smaller population sample.
Zealot 84, Sorc 83, BG 83, WP 50+

Grock

Post#28 » Thu May 14, 2020 3:00 pm

Huge MMR swings when you are just starting makes absolutely no sense considering how many uncontrollable variables there and how big the mmr difference can be in a single match

IMO One of the biggest issues that discourages people from queueing is gear/renown disparity. The gap between top and medium gear is huge, not only because of raw stats, but also because higher end gear gives you more set pieces, resulting in more set bonuses and/or more opportunities to mix multiple sets
Knowing that you're going to be outgeared kinda makes you wonder why even bother queuing. In addition when low geared characters queue they get flamed by teammates exactly for the same reason.

And thats not even mentioning class balance and meta issues where some classes get flamed simply because of what they are.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Niky

Post#29 » Sat May 16, 2020 10:36 am

dalen wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:04 pm Sure, we can try with a larger bracket size for a while and see. Switched to a large bracket now, queue up and play.

Dalen, thanks again for such a quick fix solo rank.

My suggestion.

To prevent random people from getting into matches (those who are written in all scenarios). You can prohibit recording in other scenarios if you are recorded in solo ranked.

Then in solo ranked scenarios there will be only those people who want to get there.

P/S: Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that this will make solo ranked scenarios more meaningful for people.

Zxul

Post#30 » Sat May 16, 2020 11:58 am

Jollyjoker wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:35 am However since some people seem to need incentive to q (in the form of viable gear or new weapons) beyond just enjoying the gamemode, it's currently pretty much dead.
jokerspsycho wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:17 pm I think the biggest issue is incentive. With the recent changes of needing tok to get invaders and royals from bags and the fact that the rewards are either not worth it or side grades, a lot of people dont want to do it. Adding some talismans, pots, appearances, etc could garner more players. Hoping the weapons and jewelry will bring more people to the game mode but if the items follow suit, they will be a side grade to gear and you will be better off doing orvr/pve/SCs for your weapons and jewelry.
The main point. Scs is not something most of population enjoys (personally I much prefer even the endless stalemate in rvr in peak hours over scs), so the only way to get players there is to make rewards significantly better than what you can get from rvr.

Of cause, then you run into problem of most of the population being forced to do something which they don't enjoy in any shape or form, or being locked out of bis or even comparable equipment.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh