A glorious day for Order (touching story inside)

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

User avatar
Detangler
Posts: 421

Re: A glorious day for Order (touching story inside)

Post#41 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:14 pm

Martok wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:43 pm
jvlosky wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:40 am
Order wins one city Destro goes full Karen.

For those of us who avoid Twitter like the plague, what does that metaphor mean?
Its just the latest cool person way to call someone entitled/spoiled/whatever. Mostly applies to white women going off on people of color, but there are other examples. Just more internet trolling and insults on an ancient MMO forum thrown between grown ass adults, when what they really need to do js take a step back and think if this is the way they indeed want others to perceive them.
Detangler - 40 DoK armor talisman farmer
Deetangler - 40/82 Chosen tankbot/murdermachine
Deeetangler - 40/6x Zealot healbot/talisman factory
Detanglerr - 40/xx Witch Elf boredom killer
Deetsquiggy - 40/x Squig butcherbot
Tanglers - baby Swordmaster

Ads
User avatar
TwoBlades
Posts: 12

Re: A glorious day for Order (touching story inside)

Post#42 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:15 pm

Wooohhhh, this gotta be fake news 'cause we all know, Destro is sooo OP.

raistomen
Posts: 92

Re: A glorious day for Order (touching story inside)

Post#43 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:08 pm

Valarion wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:45 pm
GamesBond wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:28 am
Image

As the title says, today is the day the glorious faction of Order successfully sieges and defeats IC.

Women and men are in tears, joy is filling the streets of Altdorf, as they hear their warriors coming back home victorious.

Some people forgot that it's RoR birthday, due to this overwhelming victory.

Im curious how much of this was because of the buffs to Legolas?

seeing how sorcs at this point are walking renown to the army of ranged physical dps , and how important sorcs were to city comps , prob a bit.

I guess this means time to all go mSH.

User avatar
Nekkma
Posts: 503

Re: A glorious day for Order (touching story inside)

Post#44 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:10 pm

Sorcs important?
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

nat3s
Posts: 284

Re: A glorious day for Order (touching story inside)

Post#45 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:21 pm

For those that aren't close to organised WB play, Destro meta comp relied upon everyone saving up and using their aoe morale damage abilities, such as mara m2, to 100-0 clumps of order. Kill enough and you can then start chasing healers to prevent an order reset. A decent Rift can help to clump up order, however more often than not, because so many Order guilds ran the BW deathball, they would kindly all stack up for us.

BW deathball was so telegraphed and stopped working ages ago as it played right into a decent morale bomb. Problem for Order is they lack class diversity, BW is so strong that they just stubbornly persist with deathball, despite having the better melee train if they used it.
Last edited by nat3s on Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destruction - Pain and Pleasure Guild

Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr80 Mara
rr6x AM, Sham, Choppa

raistomen
Posts: 92

Re: A glorious day for Order (touching story inside)

Post#46 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:23 pm

nat3s wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:21 pm
For those that aren't close to organised WB play, Destro meta comp relied upon everyone saving up and using their aoe morale damage abilities at once to 100-0 any clump up people. A decent Rift can help to clump up order here, however more often than not, because so many Order guilds ran the BW deathball, they would kindly all stack up together for us.

BW deathball was so telegraphed and stopped working ages ago as it played right into a decent morale bomb. Problem for Order is they lack of class diversity so every guild continues to run their BW balls... Despite order having the better melee train.
are you honestly suggesting order didnt also moral bomb?

Lit thats what TC does, literally thats why Bomblings name is Bombling. I don't say that to be slanderous, it is/was a valid tactic. Lit thats why devs introduced changes, because the late game meta was turning into morale bomb.

nat3s
Posts: 284

Re: A glorious day for Order (touching story inside)

Post#47 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:30 pm

raistomen wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:23 pm
nat3s wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:21 pm
For those that aren't close to organised WB play, Destro meta comp relied upon everyone saving up and using their aoe morale damage abilities at once to 100-0 any clump up people. A decent Rift can help to clump up order here, however more often than not, because so many Order guilds ran the BW deathball, they would kindly all stack up together for us.

BW deathball was so telegraphed and stopped working ages ago as it played right into a decent morale bomb. Problem for Order is they lack of class diversity so every guild continues to run their BW balls... Despite order having the better melee train.
are you honestly suggesting order didnt also moral bomb?

Lit thats what TC does, literally thats why Bomblings name is Bombling. I don't say that to be slanderous, it is/was a valid tactic. Lit thats why devs introduced changes, because the late game meta was turning into morale bomb.

Yes I'm very familiar with Bomblings WBs, we've had many pre-arranged WB practices between our guilds and numerous city sieges against each other. He's an awesome player and Thundercats are a great guild. My comments regarding deathballs are pretty much based on these encounters. I don't believe our favourable record against them was due to better comp/skill, changes were needed to give Order a hand, which the morale nerf provides. That said, I also think Order persisting with BW balls was and continues to be a mistake, but what can they do when 332432423423 people play a BW on Order side? The fact the class is so attractive really limits Order's options. If they built comps around Slayer/WL with aSW morale deny I think they'd rip it up.

May just be PNP, but my experience is Destro use a lot of Maras which means we had the best (until recently) morale deny + Maras have a 40 yard m2 bomb, BW has a 30 foot bomb. Order had Solar Flare but it took a lot of pumping to reach so Destro invariably had the morale advantage most of the time. That was the meta, destro's win condition was morale bomb, order more aoe damage (BW has the best aoe bomb of all classes - to be clear i mean aoe damage, outside of their m2). This was how it was on live and why Order has the slightly stronger mirror match ups, but weaker WB play.

That's why I think the rSW change is really well designed, giving Order a strong morale deny. It's also why I agree with the dev comments in the rSH thread where SHs want the same morale deny (which i agree with the devs would be a mistake - that's the maras niche).

Where i disagree with the patch is i am concerned it reduces options for WB play as it overnerfs morale drops too much. Not sure if you do much WB v WB play, but they can go on for a really long time with constant resets through rezzes until a well-timed bomb takes place. Exploring the reintroduction of aoe heal debuffs could be just the ticket there though.
Destruction - Pain and Pleasure Guild

Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr80 Mara
rr6x AM, Sham, Choppa

Bloodlet
Posts: 71

Re: A glorious day for Order (touching story inside)

Post#48 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:52 pm

Detangler wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:14 pm
Martok wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:43 pm
jvlosky wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:40 am
Order wins one city Destro goes full Karen.

For those of us who avoid Twitter like the plague, what does that metaphor mean?
Its just the latest cool person way to call someone entitled/spoiled/whatever. Mostly applies to white women going off on people of color, but there are other examples. Just more internet trolling and insults on an ancient MMO forum thrown between grown ass adults, when what they really need to do js take a step back and think if this is the way they indeed want others to perceive them.
It has nothing to do with people of color; not sure how you are shoehorning that in there. Beyond that though, you are accurate.

On topic: Congratulations Order.

Ads
raistomen
Posts: 92

Re: A glorious day for Order (touching story inside)

Post#49 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:47 pm

Detangler wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:14 pm
Martok wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:43 pm
jvlosky wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:40 am
Order wins one city Destro goes full Karen.

For those of us who avoid Twitter like the plague, what does that metaphor mean?
Its just the latest cool person way to call someone entitled/spoiled/whatever. Mostly applies to white women going off on people of color, but there are other examples. Just more internet trolling and insults on an ancient MMO forum thrown between grown ass adults, when what they really need to do js take a step back and think if this is the way they indeed want others to perceive them.

karen memes never showed the person they were talking too, it was always about speaking to a manager

raistomen
Posts: 92

Re: A glorious day for Order (touching story inside)

Post#50 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:48 pm

nat3s wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:30 pm
raistomen wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:23 pm
nat3s wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:21 pm
For those that aren't close to organised WB play, Destro meta comp relied upon everyone saving up and using their aoe morale damage abilities at once to 100-0 any clump up people. A decent Rift can help to clump up order here, however more often than not, because so many Order guilds ran the BW deathball, they would kindly all stack up together for us.

BW deathball was so telegraphed and stopped working ages ago as it played right into a decent morale bomb. Problem for Order is they lack of class diversity so every guild continues to run their BW balls... Despite order having the better melee train.
are you honestly suggesting order didnt also moral bomb?

Lit thats what TC does, literally thats why Bomblings name is Bombling. I don't say that to be slanderous, it is/was a valid tactic. Lit thats why devs introduced changes, because the late game meta was turning into morale bomb.

Yes I'm very familiar with Bomblings WBs, we've had many pre-arranged WB practices between our guilds and numerous city sieges against each other. He's an awesome player and Thundercats are a great guild. My comments regarding deathballs are pretty much based on these encounters. I don't believe our favourable record against them was due to better comp/skill, changes were needed to give Order a hand, which the morale nerf provides. That said, I also think Order persisting with BW balls was and continues to be a mistake, but what can they do when 332432423423 people play a BW on Order side? The fact the class is so attractive really limits Order's options. If they built comps around Slayer/WL with aSW morale deny I think they'd rip it up.

May just be PNP, but my experience is Destro use a lot of Maras which means we had the best (until recently) morale deny + Maras have a 40 yard m2 bomb, BW has a 30 foot bomb. Order had Solar Flare but it took a lot of pumping to reach so Destro invariably had the morale advantage most of the time. That was the meta, destro's win condition was morale bomb, order more aoe damage (BW has the best aoe bomb of all classes - to be clear i mean aoe damage, outside of their m2). This was how it was on live and why Order has the slightly stronger mirror match ups, but weaker WB play.

That's why I think the rSW change is really well designed, giving Order a strong morale deny. It's also why I agree with the dev comments in the rSH thread where SHs want the same morale deny (which i agree with the devs would be a mistake - that's the maras niche).

Where i disagree with the patch is i am concerned it reduces options for WB play as it overnerfs morale drops too much. Not sure if you do much WB v WB play, but they can go on for a really long time with constant resets through rezzes until a well-timed bomb takes place. Exploring the reintroduction of aoe heal debuffs could be just the ticket there though.


gogo dps dok shal rize again!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], jennahazee, Medulia, narcia and 55 guests

cron