Recent Topics

Ads

Vanquisher Medallions

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

User avatar
sjemen
Posts: 32
Contact:

Re: Vanquisher Medallions

Post#21 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:59 am

Noslock wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:23 pm
God bless oil drops. As a tank sure its harder if u solo especially compared to dps healer or ranged dps. Still doable full a set fast with a little luck in gold bags
biggest factor in the end! :D
shmemsy rr80 IB sjem rr70 WP sjembem rr70 ENG shmem WH rr66 sjemsy rr62 BW sjemo rr62 WL fatsjem rr55 SLAY shmoom rr51 AM sjemsjem rr47 RP

shmemz rr66 SH sjemz rr62 SHAM sjemppa rr45 BO

heyo!

Ads
Kobra
Posts: 117

Re: Vanquisher Medallions

Post#22 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:24 pm

doxifera wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:40 pm
It’s easy to get a Vanq, you collect a set from gold bags, you buy the rest for medals. This is not the eternal grind of the Inv and Sov.
And the fact that there are people who get Sov for a month says in poor awards design for participating in the Campaign - the majority is pushing the Campaign, the minority is getting rewards. For an ordinary player, one set takes 5+ months.
Nonsense.

I came back to ROR after a long break. My shaman was in Ruin. Which when I left, was one of the better sets.

After a couple days I was in full Conq. By the time I got full Vanq I was already basically half way to Invader, and a few days later I got full Invader. So Vanquisher was really useless and only used for a few days. So I agree there is a disparity between how long Vanq takes after Conq, so you end up sitting in Conq for too long, but by the time Vanq arrives, you're already pushing past it into invader. The progression doesn't seem correct.

Nevertheless, I'm not even rr75 yet and probably have enough crests for 4 piece SOV waiting in the bags. So the progression from Invader to SOV seems a bit off as well as I am sitting in Invader long after I have enough Crests to buy Sov, but not high enough RR.

doxifera
Posts: 120

Re: Vanquisher Medallions

Post#23 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:47 pm

Kobra wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:24 pm
doxifera wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:40 pm
It’s easy to get a Vanq, you collect a set from gold bags, you buy the rest for medals. This is not the eternal grind of the Inv and Sov.
And the fact that there are people who get Sov for a month says in poor awards design for participating in the Campaign - the majority is pushing the Campaign, the minority is getting rewards. For an ordinary player, one set takes 5+ months.
Nonsense.

I came back to ROR after a long break. My shaman was in Ruin. Which when I left, was one of the better sets.

After a couple days I was in full Conq. By the time I got full Vanq I was already basically half way to Invader, and a few days later I got full Invader. So Vanquisher was really useless and only used for a few days. So I agree there is a disparity between how long Vanq takes after Conq, so you end up sitting in Conq for too long, but by the time Vanq arrives, you're already pushing past it into invader. The progression doesn't seem correct.

Nevertheless, I'm not even rr75 yet and probably have enough crests for 4 piece SOV waiting in the bags. So the progression from Invader to SOV seems a bit off as well as I am sitting in Invader long after I have enough Crests to buy Sov, but not high enough RR.
well, seems you don't often see gold bags from zones ...

User avatar
Nameless
Posts: 834

Re: Vanquisher Medallions

Post#24 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:50 pm

From my pov vanq is muuuch easier than invader since u got pieces from orvr gold bags while for invader u need to farm crest by crest.

Prolly for NA where most forts and cities happens and less zone locks invader is quite easy to get but for eu vanq is realistic while invader is far, far away into the future.

I had vanq at rr75, now at 82 invader is still quite far away, sov prolly at rr+90
Mostly harmless

emiliorv
Posts: 449

Re: Vanquisher Medallions

Post#25 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:57 pm

As Manatikik pointed is a "hardcore" issue => ppl who can play long sessions and can get into fort/cities usually get invader/sov crests faster than vanquisher...

Im a very casual player and have no problems getting vanquisher...Now i have around 140 invader meds and probably could buy a second vanq set.

If want to "farm" vanquisher => try to get contribution in all open zones, if you can roll bag in every zone lock you will get more gold bags and more vanq meds for zone locks

Kobra
Posts: 117

Re: Vanquisher Medallions

Post#26 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:46 am

Nameless wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:50 pm
From my pov vanq is muuuch easier than invader since u got pieces from orvr gold bags while for invader u need to farm crest by crest.

Prolly for NA where most forts and cities happens and less zone locks invader is quite easy to get but for eu vanq is realistic while invader is far, far away into the future.

I had vanq at rr75, now at 82 invader is still quite far away, sov prolly at rr+90
That's really really off... As I said, at rr73, I think I have enough crests for 4 pieces of SOV. I expect by rr75 to be sitting on enough crests for a full suit, and not even having the RR to wear it.

Some peoples progression seems super slow, other people seems to progress fast. I don't even play much, but when i do, I try to make it count. Grinding RR is mind numbing for me, grinding loot is fast and easy.

Akalukz
Posts: 760

Re: Vanquisher Medallions

Post#27 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:34 am

if zone's aren't flipping in your time zone, then it's the same issue as invader / sov. The progression is just too slow. I fully believe you should able to equip full cong at 40/40 and vanq at 40/50. Rolls for bags/medallions on flips should be based on Renown Rank only.
-= Agony =-

Brickson
Posts: 46

Re: Vanquisher Medallions

Post#28 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:55 am

I'm in the EU timezone and my progress looked like this so far:
My engi (rr 69) and wh (almost rr 71) never finished their conqueror sets, finished vanqisher somewhere between 62 and 65 and now have a couple of hundred vanquisher each, 111/135 invader and 3/0 royal crests. They don't have a single piece of invader or sov gear and just recently had enough oppressor emblems to buy one lvl61 weapon each.

If I get a chance to get into a fort or city during my playing hours I'll do it. Although the third stage of forts is pretty boring and cities are mostly very painfull experiences with theses classes.

I'm not expecting to get sov gear or fortress weapons in my 70s at this rate. So my experience is quite different from the OP's ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bricksona 7X WH, Bricksone 6X Engi, Bricksorno 4X RP, Bricksana 2X/3X SM

Ads
havartii
Posts: 165

Re: Vanquisher Medallions

Post#29 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:17 am

I would like to add after making the post I was blessed with some rng and got a couple gold bags with pieces in them. This does make the grind a lot better. I was still rr 60 before getting it. As the power creep increases it makes the lower sets like conq pretty useless where at 1 time it was considered ok.

doxifera
Posts: 120

Re: Vanquisher Medallions

Post#30 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:56 pm

havartii wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:17 am
I would like to add after making the post I was blessed with some rng and got a couple gold bags with pieces in them. This does make the grind a lot better. I was still rr 60 before getting it. As the power creep increases it makes the lower sets like conq pretty useless where at 1 time it was considered ok.
Bonuses are accumulated, so sooner or later you will receive a golden bag.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: farng84, Google [Bot], iapetus, Sundowner, tefnaht, Tiamath, TrajanHammett and 56 guests