Recent Topics

Ads

Whats up with the population ratio between destruction and order?

Let's talk about... everything else
baurogg
Suspended

Re: Whats up with the population ratio between destruction and order?

Post#71 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:14 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:50 pm Attractive melee? Like slayers, but reskined into WE? ;)
Slayers are not sexy, they only become sexy with Buffs and then some more Buffs.

Ads
havartii

Post#72 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:19 pm

nuadarstark wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:31 pm WL is overtuned, and I'm saying that as a dedicated Order player. There is room to tone down that class.

That said it can't happen in vacuum and it can't happen right now when destro has unparalleled cc and utility, immunities don't apply properly and Monstro procs are still bugged.

Take a patch that fixes all of those things, add couple of WL nerfs at the same time and we'll be good.
I think the reason so many are complaining is because it would have been a perfect time to introduce small changes to both sides so neither feels neglected or favored.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

ravezaar

Post#73 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:31 pm

baurogg wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:14 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:50 pm Attractive melee? Like slayers, but reskined into WE? ;)
Slayers are not sexy, they only become sexy with Buffs and then some more Buffs.
What buffs played for 12y havent seen any Buffs ?
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

AJClickBeast

Post#74 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:27 am

With SW spam ticking for 500 for every SW Destro are just getting completely melted in Tier 1 all the way up to Tier 4 it's OP. Order rDPS classes are doubleing or sometime tripling damage of any other destro class. SW damage needs to be nerfed hard.

On top of that you have to deal with the burst of WL also, SM bringing a tun of damage. Like it or not Order are overtuned right now, you can see it in any SCs you participate in.

Destro are getting pounded and people think "It's just the pendulum" when it really isn't, Order just outright have way more burst classes than Destro (BW, SW, WL, WH, Slayer w/ID ticks) simple.

The new player experience or any experience on Destro right now is shocking, it's really bad. No wonder people are switching over to Order, it really doesn't surprise me.

M0rw47h

Post#75 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:42 am

AJClickBeast wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:27 am With SW spam ticking for 500 for every SW Destro are just getting completely melted in Tier 1 all the way up to Tier 4 it's OP. Order rDPS classes are doubleing or sometime tripling damage of any other destro class. SW damage needs to be nerfed hard.
Get yourself a guard and healer, and then little dot does no noticeable damage.

Kobra
Suspended

Post#76 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:05 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:42 am
AJClickBeast wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:27 am With SW spam ticking for 500 for every SW Destro are just getting completely melted in Tier 1 all the way up to Tier 4 it's OP. Order rDPS classes are doubleing or sometime tripling damage of any other destro class. SW damage needs to be nerfed hard.
Get yourself a guard and healer, and then little dot does no noticeable damage.
Another example of 'if this class is imbalanced, do this!'..

I love when people say this.. For example that Dest toons should just build their toons around how to survive for more than 2 seconds on WL burst.. Now, we need to get the perfect group makeup to survive the Shadow Warrior nonsense?

Give me a break.

Foofmonger

Post#77 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:25 pm

Of all the things Destro could complain about, yall are picking SWs?

Mmmkay. If you really are struggling to deal with SWs, it's a L2P problem. What are you guys doing? Trying to run at them as Choppas in an open field with 0 healing and no tanks guarding you?

Sincerely, a Destro main.

Adelmar

Post#78 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:34 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:25 pm Of all the things Destro could complain about, yall are picking SWs?

Mmmkay. If you really are struggling to deal with SWs, it's a L2P problem. What are you guys doing? Trying to run at them as Choppas in an open field with 0 healing and no tanks guarding you?

Sincerely, a Destro main.
They're just tired of complaining about WL/SL/KotBS/BW so they've moved to SWs now. I'm actually happy for those people to be able to fit in another class into their normally scheduled whine fiesta.
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#79 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:08 pm

On top of that you have to deal with the burst of WL also, SM bringing a tun of damage. Like it or not Order are overtuned right now, you can see it in any SCs you participate in.

Destro are getting pounded and people think "It's just the pendulum" when it really isn't, Order just outright have way more burst classes than Destro (BW, SW, WL, WH, Slayer w/ID ticks) simple.

The new player experience or any experience on Destro right now is shocking, it's really bad. No wonder people are switching over to Order, it really doesn't surprise me.
Thanks for the personal anecdote that proves nothing. Order loses most scenarios because I have been in a string of scenarios that I lost recently.

See, I can do it too! Would you like actual evidence with that?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Valarion

Post#80 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:11 pm

It depends on the time of day and the part of the week.

My very general experience is:
* Order orvr rolls during the week, because they have the numbers
* Order locks most zones, wins all forts, but loses most cities inexplicably badly
* Destro brings the pain on weekends, rolls rvr in equal numbers on the weekend, but its short-lived

SCs:
* Scs during peak time are variable, but Order generally wins because Destro sc pug dps is terrible. Terrible isnt even the word for it.
* The only thing worse than Destro pug dps is perhaps late night NA (Oceanic) Destro. The player quality around this time for Destro plummets dramatically. Absolutely do not ever queue for a sc for this time not even if you want to kill yourself. You can easily lose 20 scs in a row and thats not a wild exaggeration.

This changes every so often and comes in waves. For example, it wasnt so long ago that this server was dominated by Destro. My advice to you is to find people you enjoy playing with and you can win with. Outside of that your only other choice is to play at certain times where there is more parity or xrealm.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted