Ads

Guild Recall Scrolls

Let's talk about... everything else
warlover

Re: Guild Recall Scrolls

Post#31 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:45 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:56 am
warlover wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:04 am
Cornerback wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:15 am This is a good example of fixing something just for the sake of fixing it, no matter if useful or not
Horrible change :(
They do this all the time go around the game doing things that are not needed just to fit their style of play, rocks and fences blocking stuff everywhere that are not needed ruin the game
they start with little fixes some really needed then start putting the stuff everywhere messing up whole landscapes, but that's power never a good thing!
This is what happens when it takes a long time to fix something. People get so used to abusing and exploiting mechanics, they can't see anything aside from the convenience of doing so. You have several options to move between zones. Guild scrolls are one of them, and like everything else, they have a cooldown and SHOULD have a cooldown.

As for your veiled bullshit accusatory tone, devs are not here to ruin the game. If you don't like something there's a lot better ways to cope with that feeling than to throw **** at devs. It is disrespectful at the least which is clearly a violation of the TOS here.
Did not mean to disrespect, My Apologizes

Ads
sogeou

Post#32 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:52 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:56 am This is what happens when it takes a long time to fix something. People get so used to abusing and exploiting mechanics, they can't see anything aside from the convenience of doing so. You have several options to move between zones. Guild scrolls are one of them, and like everything else, they have a cooldown and SHOULD have a cooldown.

As for your veiled bullshit accusatory tone, devs are not here to ruin the game. If you don't like something there's a lot better ways to cope with that feeling than to throw **** at devs. It is disrespectful at the least which is clearly a violation of the TOS here.

You clearly pick and choose what to put for live. Stop trying to act like you don't know what people are talking about. No one is flinging ****, I am calling out the fact something SHOULD not have it as LIVE did not have it. You can't fix BUGS in games and say it was not this way on live. You pick and choose always, nothing is wrong with guild scrolls being the way they were in live.

Just say "Oh people are shitter and we don't want them to travel fast", because you have people confused as the guy above thinking it was like this in live which it was not. Lots of times RoR removes Q. O. L items from live and say oh this is RoR.. Deal with it. Then you fix stuff in RoR and say this is how it worked in live. :?:

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#33 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:39 am

sogeou wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:52 am
You clearly pick and choose what to put for live. Stop trying to act like you don't know what people are talking about. No one is flinging ****, I am calling out the fact something SHOULD not have it as LIVE did not have it. You can't fix BUGS in games and say it was not this way on live. You pick and choose always, nothing is wrong with guild scrolls being the way they were in live.

Just say "Oh people are shitter and we don't want them to travel fast", because you have people confused as the guy above thinking it was like this in live which it was not. Lots of times RoR removes Q. O. L items from live and say oh this is RoR.. Deal with it. Then you fix stuff in RoR and say this is how it worked in live. :?:
Sounds like you need to revisit this post.
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=16391

The guild scrolls were created on ROR with a cooldown from the beginning. This hasn't changed. The bug that allowed them to be exploited was fixed.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

zwerrie

Post#34 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:34 am

Now this is fixed, can we see another type of transport?
I recall summoning stones..?
Are those coming back?

Sulorie

Post#35 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:05 am

So we can sum this up:

Live guild scrolls had no cd and the ROR implementation was meant to have a cd. This cd was broken since beginning, so all players thought the guild scrolls are supposed to behave like live.
Now the bug got fixed.

All fine, it's a decision to add value to other teleport options.
It just boggles my mind, why it has to be so excessive with a 2 hours cd, while others are 1 hour max?
Dying is no option.

carlos

Post#36 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:01 pm

Book
Guild Scroll
Guild Recall (obatained through Sewers)
Keg (don't remember how to get it)
War Report
/stuck x2 (you have to run almost a min to the nearest flight master... or you could ride there in less then 30 secs)

All this are available and there is always one option free to use while the others are on CD.
Starfkr

Sulorie

Post#37 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:41 pm

carlos wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:01 pm ...
Guild Recall (obatained through Sewers)
Well, this one shouldn't be included, as it's no permanent item. :)
Dying is no option.

sogeou

Post#38 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:42 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:39 am
sogeou wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:52 am

Sounds like you need to revisit this post.
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=16391

The guild scrolls were created on ROR with a cooldown from the beginning. This hasn't changed. The bug that allowed them to be exploited was fixed.

Nothing I stated is incorrect. I am highlighting the fact something was changed from LIVE to RoR. The reason why RoR feels guild scrolls need a cooldown is a strange one. It worked fine on LIVE. If a cooldown was needed 20 mins is more than enough of a cooldown. I mean if it is good enough for war report, should be good enough for guild scroll.

TLDR: Can we get a 20 min cooldown as that seems fair and matches war report.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#39 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:50 pm

Are we going through the stages of grief now?

denial.
anger.
bargaining. <<
depression.
acceptance.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Orontes

Post#40 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:38 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:56 am (T)hey have a cooldown and SHOULD have a cooldown.
Raises hand: Why should the guild recall scrolls have a cooldown? How does the scrolls having a cooldown make the game better? If there must be a cooldown, why is it so long (two hours), why not match the timer to War Report's timer (20 min)?

Thanks