Recent Topics

Ads

Survivability

Let's talk about... everything else
SmackdownNinja

Re: Survivability

Post#11 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:52 pm

What do you guys think the recommended amount of str for a 2h BG is in rvr? Thought about upping it a bit to add a little extra pressure.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

Ads
TreefAM

Post#12 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:55 pm

Well what gear are you wearing, how did you move your renown points around, and for what do you need the pressure, you talking scs, wbs, what?

SmackdownNinja

Post#13 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:52 pm

7 pc van sov and epic quest 2h for avoidance procs. RR is max parry, 3 ranks of melee crit, 3 reduced chance to be crit. I got around 380 str right now. And I’m talking about wb play in orvr. Chose to go a more defense route In sense I gotta go 2h for crimson death. Didn’t know if I should switch talis around to hit 500 str for some added dmg or just stay where I’m at. I don’t wanna be to squishy in ORVR. I usually play in organized premade wbs
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

TreefAM

Post#14 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:07 pm

If you are playing in organized warbands then you can safely drop whatever defensive stats you have and start sloting into str. The usual gear setup bgs go for these days is 5piece alt sov 3piece warlord with genesis jewels.
380str is nowhere near enough and you might as well be a snb tank at that point.
Also if you're not doing scenarios for the anathema 2h wep, then start doing pve and get the wep from BB/BE with the same proc.
I'm probably gonna switch into 5alt sov/2warlord or bloodlord 2sent (with the ring)
But currently im running 800str 880wounds 550toughness 420ws and 4.2k armour.
Eh if you want you can trade some str for more wounds, but I usually lead 12-18mans on my bg and I'm not really having that much trouble surviving the fights.

Noslock

Post#15 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:32 am

Rekoom wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:58 am
Noslock wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:53 pm melee dps?Monstro Mara if we speak about dps class . if u speak about a 2h tank goin around pretending to do damage probably bg or bo. (but for solo i would pick bg due to nice selfheal + parry ability + shield bubble + various defensive tactic to boost parry if needed and the mega punt)
I see a lot of 2 handed BO around and, having tried it myself in entry level gear I can definitely see the potential for damage in off sov/warlord.

I also feel like my impact is very limited in a SC as a SnB Waagh BO and completely rely on teammates for DPS while I can apply quite a bit of pressure as 2 hand all the while still guarding an mDPS.

You obviously have more playtime on the BO than I do so what makes you say 2 handed "pretends to DPS" (I assume it is derogatory)?
2h bo is totally fine for sc purposes / city / 6 man if your gear is decent enough but you are more of a support to a real dd class than a dd class yourself.Bo have decent damage,decent burst but you wont take down a good healer alone without someone else providing heal debuff and having no gap closer (mara pull/melee squig leap) means that you need some skills to catch kiters.And ofc forget to run 2h in a open rvr wb cause you are goin to melt fast .

Ofc if you are facing pugs its not a big deal goin 2h but vs decent opposition it all depends on how good is the healing in your party and your guarded dps in circle around the enemy instead of goin meltin straight in the bomb

Last edited by Noslock on Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rumpel

Post#16 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:33 pm

Witch Elf! Has the best escape utility's. Really....my Mara dies so much more.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler: