Recent Topics

Ads

Am i the only one that thinks Invader and Royal Shard are a joke.

Let's talk about... everything else
madmalky2014
Suspended

Am i the only one that thinks Invader and Royal Shard are a joke.

Post#1 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:21 am

I really dont care about royal shard and invader shards they are worthless the drop rate is abysmal. Could you please remove them. Invader should drop at 60+ rr and royals at 70+ rr in rvr forts and cities. None of these pointless halfway houses like ruin farming its boring and tedious. They should be binned asap i feel destroying them the minute i get one they are such a kick in the teeth.

Ads
havartii

Re: Am i the only one that thinks Invader and Royal Shard are a joke.

Post#2 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:30 am

The devs didn't want to give medallions at all for player kills. I think they are gauging how fast people will be getting gear, and farming methods used to get them this way. Relax, the gear progression is supposed to be earned. This is an mmo, you need to grind for stuff, it's kinda normal.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

sjemen

Post#3 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:42 am

shard drops seam pretty decent after the last patch.
shmemsy 82 IB sjem 75 WP sjembem 70 ENG shmem WH 67 sjemo 68 WL sjemsy 64 BW fatsjem 59 SLAY shmoom 52 AM sjemsjem 53 RP smemz 43 KotBSsjemel 59 SW
shmemz 68 SH sjemz 64 SHM sjemppa 48 BOsjemmy 50 CHP ssjemm 43 MAR

Gurf

Post#4 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:40 am

They are trying to find the right balance of drop rate, give it a chance

XsorrowerX

Post#5 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:41 am

Shards are fine by me. They are a godsend for someone who doesn't care/can't make time for cities and at least gives you a sense of progression.

farng84

Post#6 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:29 am

Have to say that from last patch (2nd Oct) the droprate increased, I never won a shard before and saw 3/4 dropping in a whole week, while yesterday I saw them dropping (I know this because I use the ask me option for medallion, don't like to steal conq/vanq from players who need them).
Not sure how it will be as a farming method overall compared to previous bags droprate and city rewards but I guess a few weeks of adjustment and data analysis might be necessary for devs.

Ofc gear should be earned but it should not be super grindy either. My worry is regard low tier sets, since it is harder to get bags when zone are flipped quickly/you join an ongoing zone it might be harder to equip conq/vanq sets, but I'm going offtopic here.

Overall, give it a chance, let them try and tune the system. If it does not work they will remove it!

p00ky

Post#7 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:00 pm

madmalky2014 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:21 am I really dont care about royal shard and invader shards they are worthless the drop rate is abysmal. Could you please remove them. Invader should drop at 60+ rr and royals at 70+ rr in rvr forts and cities. None of these pointless halfway houses like ruin farming its boring and tedious. They should be binned asap i feel destroying them the minute i get one they are such a kick in the teeth.

You should try roaming max 2-3 people and get kills. We were doing that last night and it was raining these stuff ;)

If you have to wait for a drop roll between 24 members in a warband...then ye...gl

Akalukz

Post#8 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:04 pm

New drop rates seem good. At least it is progression. Now we just need to get peeps into conq at 40 and Vanq by RR55, mid range sets shouldn't take as long to get. A lot will currently skip conq, and some skip Vanq because the costs are still insane.
-= Agony =-

Ads
Kazus

Post#9 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:09 pm

Akalukz wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:04 pm New drop rates seem good. At least it is progression. Now we just need to get peeps into conq at 40 and Vanq by RR55, mid range sets shouldn't take as long to get. A lot will currently skip conq, and some skip Vanq because the costs are still insane.
This is very true. Invader is much easier to get than Vanq, for example. I usually have enough Invader tokens to get 2-3 pieces before I even get 3 Vanq. How does that make any sense?

Vanq and Conq need to be cut in half in order for progression to be normalized. I think most people are in the 60’s before they complete Vanq set, which is a bit silly. Conqueror is the same way.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#10 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:15 pm

Starting a feedback thread like this is a joke. Don't be a jerk.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog