Recent Topics

Ads

Fort Tracker One Week In

Let's talk about... everything else
Starx

Re: Fort Tracker One Week In

Post#181 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:17 am

Order have more RDPS its not really rocket science when the devs decided for some reason to up AoE cap to 24 from 9. Trying to push through a ~4 man wide opening against a RDPS heavy faction with 3x the firepower they had on live is suicide without coordinated immaculate, and even then.

Do pugs even know why you wait for m4's? I feel like its still some mystery to them. Either way most sieges over half of your force is uncoordinated pugs in shitty comp groups that arent built for pushing into a choke, defenders doesnt matter just dont be MDPS and you are useful.

Forts need an overhaul, stage 1 is awful and serves absolutely no purpose please scrap it and give MDPS something to do outside of the afking waiting for m4 push or jacking off in a corner on defense while RDPS rack up 100+ kills.

Attacking blows ass and always has, and RDPS > MDPS in these 150v150 engagements, guess which side has more rdps? It's not a mystery.

Ads
Twick

Post#182 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:21 am

Starx wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:17 am Order have more RDPS its not really rocket science when the devs decided for some reason to up AoE cap to 24 from 9. Trying to push through a ~4 man wide opening against a RDPS heavy faction with 3x the firepower they had on live is suicide without coordinated immaculate, and even then.

Do pugs even know why you wait for m4's? I feel like its still some mystery to them. Either way most sieges over half of your force is uncoordinated pugs in shitty comp groups that arent built for pushing into a choke, defenders doesnt matter just dont be MDPS and you are useful.

Forts need an overhaul, stage 1 is awful and serves absolutely no purpose please scrap it and give MDPS something to do outside of the afking waiting for m4 push or jacking off in a corner on defense while RDPS rack up 100+ kills.

Attacking blows ass and always has, and RDPS > MDPS in these 150v150 engagements, guess which side has more rdps? It's not a mystery.

Well what do you suggest? Maybe like give rSH the skirm tree (or something like it) from SW and give Order another aoe melee dmg dealer like put barrage in assault tree and take the cd off of SW aoe cleave. I dunno.

zij83

Post#183 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:01 am

Twick wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:59 am Right right right when destro have a 70%+ win rate in cities it is nooo problem at all, just git gud order zomg. But when fort data is shown it is obvious that destro already got gud and they are just unbalanced!

There is some truth to all of this, but destro should be happy that the only way order can win is if they have something to hide behind :P

on the reals order has slightly better ranged having where as destro has 1 more melee class they can use plus everyone can be good in city comps for Destro (with WH/WE being contentious) where as in meta city comps not all order can find a place, IMO.

Just be happy as destro you earn your sov faster, oR So ThE DaTa WoUlD ShOw
The narrative that Destro always wins cities just isn't true anymore. Order won more instances in the 3* IC just tonight. This argument gets thrown around on here all the time, when in reality due to the way gear works now, a growing destro gear disparity, destro players being frustrated with nerfs and quitting the game, and rampage being an unbelievably valuable tool Order is winning cities consistently. It has nothing to do with you getting good and more to do with a series of small nerfs over the course of several months that have cumulated into destro starting to lose cities. On top of this these nerfs have clearly made defending forts something that almost never occurs for destro.

Side note: I guess I have to start tracking cities now too so I can show that destro isnt even winning cities anymore...

Twick

Post#184 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:06 am

zij83 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:01 am
Twick wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:59 am Right right right when destro have a 70%+ win rate in cities it is nooo problem at all, just git gud order zomg. But when fort data is shown it is obvious that destro already got gud and they are just unbalanced!

There is some truth to all of this, but destro should be happy that the only way order can win is if they have something to hide behind :P

on the reals order has slightly better ranged having where as destro has 1 more melee class they can use plus everyone can be good in city comps for Destro (with WH/WE being contentious) where as in meta city comps not all order can find a place, IMO.

The narrative that Destro always wins cities just isn't true anymore. Order won more instances in the 3* IC just tonight. This argument gets thrown around on here all the time, when in reality due to the way gear works now, a growing destro gear disparity, destro players being frustrated with nerfs and quitting the game, and rampage being an unbelievably valuable tool Order is winning cities consistently. It has nothing to do with you getting good and more to do with a series of small nerfs over the course of several months that have cumulated into destro starting to lose cities. On top of this these nerfs have clearly made defending forts something that almost never occurs for destro.

Side note: I guess I have to start tracking cities now too so I can show that destro isnt even winning cities anymore...
I mean that is why I wrote it in spongebob letters or w/e. For like a 9 month stretch destro was destroying cities and sometimes order would win in open rvr but regardless destro would totally sweep the scoreboard. Then about 3 months ago order go their **** together and I think TUP and PNP finally got their order toons to a certain gear level and Order started winning.

It ebbs and flows, I can bet in no time at all Destro will be back on top and Order will be getting **** on.

I would still like to see rSH get the aoe skirm tree from SW to give destro another "viable ranged dps" and give SW a viable aoe melee dps build like put barrage in assault tree and take the cd off the cleave assault stance has.

I dunno. I'm just glad Order is winning now cause it isn't going to last forever.

Rasenmeister

Post#185 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:20 am

Destro win cities, when form wb with strong players
I have good winrate - yes, today order meta is OP - but we have good players in wb

Some strong destro players leave this project - ppl dont want play after nerfs and without balance some classes.
FMJ
Tristarix/Urgolf/Rakamaka/Shaefer
Tristasha/Gunthane

Twick

Post#186 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:23 am

Rasenmeister wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:20 am Destro win cities, when form wb with strong players
I have good winrate - yes, today order meta is OP - but we have good players in wb

Some strong destro players leave this project - ppl dont want play after nerfs and without balance some classes.
lol pretty sure a lot of them got tired of winning. Pretty sure PNP and TUP made went Order side after a while to try it out.

Twick

Post#187 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:32 am

You should read

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39836 and viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38063

Rasenmeister

Post#188 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:48 am

Twick wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:23 am
lol pretty sure a lot of them got tired of winning. Pretty sure PNP and TUP made went Order side after a while to try it out.
Lol. they dont tired of winning on order)))))
FMJ
Tristarix/Urgolf/Rakamaka/Shaefer
Tristasha/Gunthane

Ads
farng84

Post#189 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:14 am

Spoiler:
Twick wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:32 am

You should read

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39836 and viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38063
[/quote]

you should check last time they were updated, the posts are not active from July/August, a time where city tides were just starting to change

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#190 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:56 am

Cptkud wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:30 pm
Acidic wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:51 pm Could also be that Destro are bored of being farmed in forts
This completely. I'm over losing all the time, never getting bags in forts, and the grind for gear has become a crawl. Why would I waste my time with this game if I'm not having fun? I've been playing other things. And when I DO play, I skip forts and only come on for cities. Waste of time otherwise.
I can deal with losing...what i got bored (and cant deal with it anymore) is seeing how destro got his win tools nerfed one by one all over this year....at least now looks like order city-solopuggers can try to compete vs proper 2/2/2 destro wbs, so i assume that the "real issue" was solved.

As Grumbe said, competitive guild always want a maxed comp and this cant be done in destro anymore...so, this is the expected result => only pugs left playing in a underperforming realm. ENJOY!!