Recent Topics

Ads

RSH Underperforming

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

User avatar
NSKaneda
Posts: 707

Re: RSH Underperforming

Post#21 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:04 am

sgtnanners wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:00 am
I like how we have people arguing that rsh doesn't need changes when devs already came out and said they are looking at changing/buffing the class months ago because it underperforms.

And then SW changes happened. Imagine why we are reluctant to see the same treatment on herders.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM, Mordoszczel BO | Ginnar IB, Zuriael AM ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads
Zadorck
Posts: 34

Re: RSH Underperforming

Post#22 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:16 am

sgtnanners wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:00 am
I like how we have people arguing that rsh doesn't need changes when devs already came out and said they are looking at changing/buffing the class months ago because it underperforms.
Exactly my point

User avatar
sgtnanners
Posts: 42

Re: RSH Underperforming

Post#23 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:21 pm

NSKaneda wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:04 am
sgtnanners wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:00 am
I like how we have people arguing that rsh doesn't need changes when devs already came out and said they are looking at changing/buffing the class months ago because it underperforms.

And then SW changes happened. Imagine why we are reluctant to see the same treatment on herders.
Are people not happy with sw changes? It sure seems like there's a lot more playing it than 6 months ago.
84 Sorc
80 Squig Herder
60 Shaman

User avatar
Jabba
Suspended
Posts: 343

Re: RSH Underperforming

Post#24 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:36 pm

sgtnanners wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:21 pm
NSKaneda wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:04 am
sgtnanners wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:00 am
I like how we have people arguing that rsh doesn't need changes when devs already came out and said they are looking at changing/buffing the class months ago because it underperforms.

And then SW changes happened. Imagine why we are reluctant to see the same treatment on herders.
Are people not happy with sw changes? It sure seems like there's a lot more playing it than 6 months ago.
Ranged SW was far more in need of help than rSH is.

People have flocked to play SW because it's fotm and as simple as you like. Their 2 builds are now a mindless aoe dot stacking build that does well in forts where no-one moves, or their static turret type gameplay build which has been made a bit more viable but is still pretty mindless.
Tushi Psychotik Splatter Emoalbino Podge

User avatar
Arthem
Posts: 190

Re: RSH Underperforming

Post#25 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:40 pm

sgtnanners wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:00 am
I like how we have people arguing that rsh doesn't need changes when devs already came out and said they are looking at changing/buffing the class months ago because it underperforms.
Its not that they need / don't need changes its what happens when they get 'attention for 'buffs'. Do you want to lose your range heal debuff so you can stack Yer Bleedin 3x? :lol:

Who knows, maybe you don't think range is essential on a RDPS. Just need to be careful if you get attention as there's a big chance you will lose a core element of the class rather than a useless one so you can stack Yer Bleedin 3x.

User avatar
Adelmar
Posts: 117

Re: RSH Underperforming

Post#26 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:25 pm

sgtnanners wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:21 pm
NSKaneda wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:04 am
sgtnanners wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:00 am
I like how we have people arguing that rsh doesn't need changes when devs already came out and said they are looking at changing/buffing the class months ago because it underperforms.

And then SW changes happened. Imagine why we are reluctant to see the same treatment on herders.
Are people not happy with sw changes? It sure seems like there's a lot more playing it than 6 months ago.
No, SW players who actually played the class well before the ranged changes aren't exactly happy with the changes made. We only needed slight tweaks to scout/skirmish, not what we got. Granted, Scout is performing a bit better than before due to GA, SA, and some VoN changes but Skirmish just feels weaker now, aside from BHA aoe spam which is easily removed.

Good luck with RSH changes. You might find yourself in our shoes soon.
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

User avatar
PlagueMonk
Posts: 117

Re: RSH Underperforming

Post#27 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:00 pm

Zadorck wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:16 pm
It has been a while now since the SW got buffed, and i believe that many players noticed it.

I knows that we've been told that Rsh buff/rework will comes after, i have also no doubt that the dev team is working on it and doing their best
Even thought we knows that: Melee sh is pretty decent, pets got buffed, the Rsh dmg difference is clearly huge compared to the Rsw atm, and surely that is why almost nobody is playing it.

Today i've been again surprised from the dmg output of a rr58 SW, with 2x devast 2x anni 2x conq / subj weaps, dealing 10797 dmg in 4 sec to my Rsh with 0% chance to be crit.
I've got many alts, but whenever i try to play my rsh i get fast dissapointed and bored to sadly stop playing it, mine is rr50+ with conq/beast, i realize it's not a lot, but i bet i don't do as much in this time frame.

I do not want to make any drama out of it, that's why i've hidden the player's name, but still got the original screenshot for those not believing me.

I just wanted to share the evidence, thougths ?

https://prnt.sc/v79lyc
As others have pointed out you have MANY more tools at your disposal than a SW so if you are simply trading arrow shots and not using them, of course you are going to lose. That's like allowing a WL and their pet to just beat you in the face without moving. SW are a DPS class and not much else (like a pet or decent armor) so if they aren't able to melt someone's face in a short period of time I would say there's a problem. I've seen SH just pew pew pew pew pew and drop someone (including myself) in a few secs.

I'm also not seeing quite the 10k damage you are claiming. After mitigation, they actually did < 6k to you in 4 secs. Not saying it's not a lot of damage but closer to have what we are seeing.

As for no chance of crit, you do know in WAR that doesn't really mean zero right? Others have abilities that RAISE their crit which offsets your anti-crit chance. This is just like having enough armor to drop damage supposedly to zero but yet you can still take damage.

Last thing, since classes are not balanced on a 1 v 1 basis, you should not be comparing yourself to the SW as far as damage. If we did I would be calling for a SH nerf since my WP has virtually zero tools to beat your class (which is extremely annoying btw) You both might use a bow but you have a pet which completely changes the dynamic of how damage is done.
Image

User avatar
adapter
Suspended
Posts: 420

Re: RSH Underperforming

Post#28 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:13 pm

Just need to buff damage output on Big Shootin spec, that's it.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
Cptkud
Posts: 18

Re: RSH Underperforming

Post#29 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:05 am

adapter wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:13 pm
Just need to buff damage output on Big Shootin spec, that's it.
I disagree. I run Big Shootin and I have crit for 3100. My average crit is about 1500 with plink and I land them somewhat often. I feel like the issue is either more survivability like more armor, wounds, toughness or some of our utilities need to be tweaked. Like a longer knock down from our horned squig, SW get a 3 sec. Maybe Tastes Like Chicken can also remove a curse, hex or ailment. I wish they would get rid of the launch upward form Kaboom! I'd sure like Instill Fear! Or something that staggers for 6 sec. Give us a little more of a fighting chance.

User avatar
CeeJay89
Posts: 246

Re: RSH Underperforming

Post#30 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:33 am

Cptkud wrote:
Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:05 am
Spoiler:
adapter wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:13 pm
Just need to buff damage output on Big Shootin spec, that's it.
I disagree. I run Big Shootin and I have crit for 3100. My average crit is about 1500 with plink and I land them somewhat often. I feel like the issue is either more survivability like more armor, wounds, toughness or some of our utilities need to be tweaked. Like a longer knock down from our horned squig, SW get a 3 sec. Maybe Tastes Like Chicken can also remove a curse, hex or ailment. I wish they would get rid of the launch upward form Kaboom! I'd sure like Instill Fear! Or something that staggers for 6 sec. Give us a little more of a fighting chance.


I don't understand. Are Squig Herders really concerned about not having a fighting chance? You have a literal tool for everything, and your damage is anything but weak.

RUN AWAY!, Run Away!, KABOOM!, Drop That!, Horn Squig knockdown, Sticky Squiqz, stackable detaunts...all but one being a baseline ability.

I'm not even going to get started on mSH. There's no other class that has the utility and tools a SH has. I can't fathom how you can possibly expect more.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: anarchypark, Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Namatzhima and 55 guests