Recent Topics

Ads

This game needs serious changes for players that reach 40 in 2020

Let's talk about... everything else
Sarnai

Re: This game needs serious changes for players that reach 40 in 2020

Post#11 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:25 pm

Group up with another WH or 2 and roam the lakes. As much as I'd hate to see more little baby WE killsquads jumping me, it's the best way to level fresh 40's as either stealth class.
WH looking for gunbad left

Ads
Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#12 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:25 pm

emiliorv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:20 pm The best part is claiming that "THIS GAME NEEDS SERIOUS CHANGES" and even have no clue how to get RvR sets or wtf is a pug SC...
But bruv them 1000hr on live 20 years ago...

Btw how do i get vanq?

DirkDaring

Post#13 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:54 pm

I remember 2 years ago people would form a 6 man premade with voice coms, but only group up as duos, and would only que for only the pug scenario, then when they all got into the pug SC, they would reform the 6 man and steamroll actual pugs.

They still do this now as well as form premades for the solo ranked, rather than actually queing up solo for it . so if you think you are actually going to fight other pugs, in the pug Scenario you most likely will be fighting a premade, most of the time .

Good Luck.

Detangler

Post#14 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:36 am

DirkDaring wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:54 pm I remember 2 years ago people would form a 6 man premade with voice coms, but only group up as duos, and would only que for only the pug scenario, then when they all got into the pug SC, they would reform the 6 man and steamroll actual pugs.

They still do this now as well as form premades for the solo ranked, rather than actually queing up solo for it . so if you think you are actually going to fight other pugs, in the pug Scenario you most likely will be fighting a premade, most of the time .

Good Luck.
Aaaaand that's against the ToS and should be reported. Also I really doubt the frequency of your claim.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Wam

Post#15 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:19 am

Clue wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:48 pm im a order player. i play witchhunter. just as i did 10 years ago for about 1000h. so i know my class. that being said, the experience i had in here after i hit 40 was awful at best. you get matchmaked with rr70+ premades left and right. even tho there are enough players to match the playerbase in 40 - 50 50-60 60-70 groups. (im sure there are enough, the waitingtime for sc's is minimal. most times it pops up in seconds.)
this leads to such bad winrates / performances, that ive reached rr47 by getting stomped over and over, and havent even earned enough coins to buy a single piece of rr50 gear. (260 coins so far,... a single weapon is 400.) so after i hit 50, i get new coins at a even slower rate than between 40-50. so i have gained rank (at like 500 rp/szenario), but no chance to progress in stats at all.
thats not fun. unless youre a rr70+ that likes to have fresh meat to beat which has not even a chance to get new gear. even if they stick around.

im not sure how to find the right words for how broken this system is. its basically set up for a p2w system,.. without actually having a shop.

hope some dev reads this,... but i have a hard time believing they dont already know this. since it feels so deliberate. no way such a system can become reality in good faith.
1) your solo leveling and inexperienced despite your 1000H that is a different game and balance, despite similarities. You picked the most hardcore setting a MDPS (no guard or pocket healers) and also on order... your choice is the most hardcore setting for leveling in game you could have picked and your also picking the worse way to level on top of this, so if you feel any frustrations this is why lol.

2) go to ORVR, if you are outnumbered you will have AAO, just stealth find someone alone and get a kill you will get massively rewarded for this (this is suited to your class) if you are not outnumbered... just join a pug warband and push zones, get kills around a keep get 20-30 K renown for capturing a keep... you just need to rank up get contribution... you will get gold / purple / blue bag potentially... currently drop conq gear for your rr 47 WH... (which is better than your ruin gear) and also purple subj weapon will last you a long time and is pretty competitive... and same with Genesis jewlery will be more competitive gear wise with these and having more renown points to spend in your build (i.e more crit and more anti crit or parry) with AAO and solo kills you can make 5,000 to 30,000 + per a kill depending.

3) when your higher renown you can go back to sc's and earn a higher tier of reward which you can break down and accquire the gear you seem deadset on getting even though its far from being the best for your class... SC gear (armour sets, its usually off set, so its defensive... you as a MDPS would usually want offensive gear and that is from ORVR)

4) look for state of realm add on, the latest version on forums and download it, so you know what is up with the campaign and where a witch hunter should be... either riding zerg or AAO solo ganker to level up... this is much better use of time than being farmed in sc's by premades.

5) WH's are not usually the most desired teammates in warbands (in higher end organised setting) there are many WH's but you only would take the very top if any... its very niche, more useful in smaller scale and even then you should build team around you if you want consistent teams. Alternatively you could make other WH friends in same boat and just create gank group and not care about dying, full yolo.

6) even with BIS gear and full renown, a organised group will still destroy you because they have support and you do not.

7) PVE(dungeons or lairs) is a alternative way to gear up if you are struggling in other areas, so you have more gear options.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Nosun

Post#16 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:34 am

People have already mentioned and it sucks but ya the only option if you pug alone is to que the pug sc over and over and over again because otherwise you will get nothing but mostly maxed out premades in sov vs you and other low people that aslo qued solo every time.

Sofong

Post#17 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:49 am

thats y t4 sc is so dead, only encourage most stacked grp, on the other hand lvling alt in mid tier is so much fun becos of its ramdomness even with no heals both sides always put up a good fight instead of 500:0 boring ****.

Sofong

Post#18 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:58 am

my advice is stay at mid tier til AT LEAST 55-60 its the most fun part of the game u will have for a long time before the sov grind.

Ads
Dury

Post#19 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:48 am

Wow I didn't know about .pug for scenarios, thanks! :)

Karnan
KotBS

Melekith

Post#20 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:48 am

Clue wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:48 pm im a order player. i play witchhunter. just as i did 10 years ago for about 1000h. so i know my class. that being said, the experience i had in here after i hit 40 was awful at best. you get matchmaked with rr70+ premades left and right. even tho there are enough players to match the playerbase in 40 - 50 50-60 60-70 groups. (im sure there are enough, the waitingtime for sc's is minimal. most times it pops up in seconds.)
this leads to such bad winrates / performances, that ive reached rr47 by getting stomped over and over, and havent even earned enough coins to buy a single piece of rr50 gear. (260 coins so far,... a single weapon is 400.) so after i hit 50, i get new coins at a even slower rate than between 40-50. so i have gained rank (at like 500 rp/szenario), but no chance to progress in stats at all.
thats not fun. unless youre a rr70+ that likes to have fresh meat to beat which has not even a chance to get new gear. even if they stick around.

im not sure how to find the right words for how broken this system is. its basically set up for a p2w system,.. without actually having a shop.

hope some dev reads this,... but i have a hard time believing they dont already know this. since it feels so deliberate. no way such a system can become reality in good faith.
My advice for the future: When you want to play solo, level your toon carefully, don't hit 40 with a melee dps unless you are RR50-60, it takes time, but there are scrolls that reduce xp gain. As a fresh level 40 with such low RR you are opposing players that wear at least Vanquisher or higher gear, many high RR in premade scenario. Queueing solo for premade scenarios means you are blocking the chance that a 6men premade is joining on your side.