Recent Topics

Ads

This game needs serious changes for players that reach 40 in 2020

Let's talk about... everything else
Clue

Re: This game needs serious changes for players that reach 40 in 2020

Post#21 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:11 am

Guys, i can understand,... u dont like me,... im "new", im salty, and im asking stupid questions. even tho i have "1000 hours". tbh i dont like myself either.
to my defense, im swiss,... i speak/understand like 3 languages and only one of them is my mother tongue. so please dont get mad when i ask where to get vanq gear,.. since every freaking item has different names in different clients. i only mentioned that i have 1000h as witchhunter on live, so you dont waste too much time telling me how bad my choice is. obviously i cant remember every BIS piece of gear and all the easyest ways to get stuff anymore. i doubt many could after 10 years.

im aware that its the hardest class to play on order for many reasons. but its also a class with great potential in group play. a group oriented WH can apply/remove the right debuffs on the right target and apply burst damage on demand like no other meleedps can (stealth is a powerful tool). back in the day we had a great tight knit 6 man group, definately one of the best 6 man's on our server and the WH brought a lot of utility to the party. we had whole destro warbands avoiding us when roaming orvr. and we met with the best 6 man destros for challenge, and we did hold our ground. best mmo memories i ever made. thats why im back here,... unfortunately pretty much solo : / but im willing to stick around for good ol times sake.

i mostly did what was recommended to lvl a meleedps, even tho i started grinding RR relatively late cause i wanted to use a basic set of my beloved WHskills while doing so,(and the runepriest i played with in the beginning hated pvp)... so i started with sc's at about lvl 28, and always used those anti xp scrolls until i hit lvl40, with a RR of 45.
the game felt really good in szenarios until i hit 40. sometimes we lost badly, sometimes we won, and everything felt in a right place. emblems trickled in, RP's aswell. it was a bumpy road, but thats what i signed in for by chosing the WH class especially without premade buddies. i just feel like some adjustments in emblem rewards could be made to make the grind in szenarios after 40 a little less demoralizing. some sort of participation trophy could help a long way, maybe a flat 0.1 emblems per death or something, would help a lot when your in "elo" hell and get **** on by rr70's all day long. hopefully it gets better when i hit 50, since its possible to downgrade emblems after rr50. ive been told at first this is not a thing anymore after rr40 which amplified the salt very much. :oops:

yes, i know farming afk's in orvr and "floating" ontop of warbands is what you all say is the way to go for a WH, but i just dont like that gameplay very much. im a group player with a strange love for the witchhunter class, thats why i see trying to prevail with randos against op geared premades in szenarios as the lesser of 2 evils, compared to the o rvr stealth leech loop (yawn). also i feel like the szenario set's fit my playstyle better than the orvr set when i look at them. but for now im gonna hunt down those beastmasters and see how this set gonna work out for me.

i tried PUG's, but i could watch a full joe rogan episode, and not a single PUG opened up on me. so this is like a good thing that it exists,.. but it just doesnt make the climb up the hill any less steep.

thanks for the solid information dropped here (and on discord) and not so much thanks for the "git gud and cry less" grunts, even tho i must admit, they are right in a way aswell, just not in a very constructive one.

maybe some dev has a heart for fresh 40's and considers implementing some sort of participation trophy emblem boost for butthurt low RR szenario lovers like me. its reeeally really hardcore the way it is set up now.

Ads
hammerhead

Post#22 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:31 am

Clue wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:11 am
Guys, i can understand,... u dont like me,... im "new", im salty, and im asking stupid questions. even tho i have "1000 hours". tbh i dont like myself either.
Spoiler:
to my defense, im swiss,... i speak/understand like 3 languages and only one of them is my mother tongue. so please dont get mad when i ask where to get vanq gear,.. since every freaking item has different names in different clients. i only mentioned that i have 1000h as witchhunter on live, so you dont waste too much time telling me how bad my choice is. obviously i cant remember every BIS piece of gear and all the easyest ways to get stuff anymore. i doubt many could after 10 years.

im aware that its the hardest class to play on order for many reasons. but its also a class with great potential in group play. a group oriented WH can apply/remove the right debuffs on the right target and apply burst damage on demand like no other meleedps can (stealth is a powerful tool). back in the day we had a great tight knit 6 man group, definately one of the best 6 man's on our server and the WH brought a lot of utility to the party. we had whole destro warbands avoiding us when roaming orvr. and we met with the best 6 man destros for challenge, and we did hold our ground. best mmo memories i ever made. thats why im back here,... unfortunately pretty much solo : / but im willing to stick around for good ol times sake.

i mostly did what was recommended to lvl a meleedps, even tho i started grinding RR relatively late cause i wanted to use a basic set of my beloved WHskills while doing so,(and the runepriest i played with in the beginning hated pvp)... so i started with sc's at about lvl 28, and always used those anti xp scrolls until i hit lvl40, with a RR of 45.
the game felt really good in szenarios until i hit 40. sometimes we lost badly, sometimes we won, and everything felt in a right place. emblems trickled in, RP's aswell. it was a bumpy road, but thats what i signed in for by chosing the WH class especially without premade buddies. i just feel like some adjustments in emblem rewards could be made to make the grind in szenarios after 40 a little less demoralizing. some sort of participation trophy could help a long way, maybe a flat 0.1 emblems per death or something, would help a lot when your in "elo" hell and get **** on by rr70's all day long. hopefully it gets better when i hit 50, since its possible to downgrade emblems after rr50. ive been told at first this is not a thing anymore after rr40 which amplified the salt very much. :oops:

yes, i know farming afk's in orvr and "floating" ontop of warbands is what you all say is the way to go for a WH, but i just dont like that gameplay very much. im a group player with a strange love for the witchhunter class, thats why i see trying to prevail with randos against op geared premades in szenarios as the lesser of 2 evils, compared to the o rvr stealth leech loop (yawn). also i feel like the szenario set's fit my playstyle better than the orvr set when i look at them. but for now im gonna hunt down those beastmasters and see how this set gonna work out for me.

i tried PUG's, but i could watch a full joe rogan episode, and not a single PUG opened up on me. so this is like a good thing that it exists,.. but it just doesnt make the climb up the hill any less steep.

thanks for the solid information dropped here (and on discord) and not so much thanks for the "git gud and cry less" grunts, even tho i must admit, they are right in a way aswell, just not in a very constructive one.

maybe some dev has a heart for fresh 40's and considers implementing some sort of participation trophy emblem boost for butthurt low RR szenario lovers like me. its reeeally really hardcore the way it is set up now.
Well, it's not about you personally, in general. There are just over a thousand people like you. And if everyone starts to write how hard it is for him to get this or that, we will write the largest instruction for the game. Although some just need to talk.
(\|)o0(|/)

Rapzel

Post#23 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:05 pm

The game is hard for almost everyone when you play solo, there's no career that wins over every other career, some careers have an advantage over another career in certain aspect.
I.E a x is good against y, y is good against z, z is good against x.
I have no idea why people recommended you to start leveling a melee DPS, as they in general requires a lot more thought on how to play than the majority of ranged (it's not about skill per say, but you need to be more aware of the surroundings than with ranged).

The 3 careers I usually recommend as starter careers on Order are KotBS, RP and Engi (and I'm aware engi is a hated career), because one of the biggest thing these careers need to focus on is their position instead of some mechanical skill that is needed on e.g. BG or IB.
Some people will tell me WL is a great starting career, I disagree, a bad pounce kills you. Most people don't seem to reflect upon this, i.e if Y career kills you when you pounce it's Y career being broken, not you doing a bad play (and holy sh*t there's a lot of bad WLs, people who are full glass cannon jumping in to WBs do their AoE and then dying in 3.2 sec blaming Destro OP on the forums).

Ranged also have an advantage in their detaunt, it is true that it's not an AoE detaunt, but it's range is more than 3x as long and it doesn't have any real "down time".

My recommendation is take a break from the WH, try a more "noob friendly" career, start thinking about position and how you need to outplay people to win over them, and then when you feel the urge start playing the WH again, with a neutral state of mind and you will start seeing your strengths and how you need to play to win fights.

I would recommend that you try leveling a KotBS through SCs, and practicing guard, staying in range of DPS and eventually punting guarded targets/guarding tanks out of guard range, just to see and understand the battlefield.
A broader perspective when it comes to the battlefield will make the WH much more fun to play as you will identify what players are; out of guard range/unguarded/weak points in the enemy line up so that you can sneak up on them and kill them.

ragafury

Post#24 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:24 pm

One of the best threads in weeks.
Thanks for the free luls OP.
--- inactive ---
---guildless---

Wam

Post#25 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:13 pm

Clue wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:11 am Guys, i can understand,... u dont like me,... im "new", im salty, and im asking stupid questions. even tho i have "1000 hours". tbh i dont like myself either.

Currently there is EVENT sc ... so pug sc less population as a result, as people will want to farm event sc for extra reward... same with battleground sc's on weekends

you already get participation trophy of one for losing even if 0... and if you do most objective/kills/dmg/healing/protection you can earn bonus reward too

You talk alot about group play but dont want to form one :lol:

Solo pug SC during weekday when no special events seems like what you want ... from WHO gear power creep and crit are alot different to ROR.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Dwarni

Post#26 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:15 pm

Yes, this game needs some changes for fresh 40s.

I mean this game is a lot of fun, I haven't installed WoW when prepatch was released and I also don't plan to install it when the expansion is released (just to emphasize that I really like RoR).

I checked out a lot of classes and played them to level 20+ and especially the pvp system and the mechanics are a lot superior to the ones in other MMORPGs (guard, taunt, detaunt, hold the line, etc.). On my journey, I however also found out that I do not really like RvR except in T1. Most of the time RvR t2+ is just a big zerg fest with stupidly boring back and forth and in the end the faction wins with more players currently present, how exciting. So I mostly stick to playing Scenarios.

And the great thing is you can have fun in SCs from level 2 on (after you can use your wheelchair mount).

However, things get really dire when you hit level 40. You are suddenly just prey for RR60+ players and get killed in a few seconds or even less. I was assured that this will end after getting higher RR and better gear but, why can this game be fun from level 2 to 39 and then so unfun from RR40 to maybe 60? Is this really intended? I also can't do SCs anymore except maybe the pug one, but even there I will be of not much use. No premade group will take a fresh 40 with them. So I have to do the stupidly boring RvR and grind my way up to RR60 to finally be able to do SCs and have some fun.

Is this the way it is intended?

I mean if you don't want to make it easier for new level 40s to catch up easier/quicker, at least add 100% exp reduce scrolls, so I can choose to never reach 40 and be part of that boring grinding zerg fest, which RVR is.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#27 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:40 pm

This isn't a solo game at the high end. By the time you hit 40 you should be in a guild or find some people to play with regularly. Pug-life is not kind. You will lose much more than you win. Things will feel much more unfair, because they are.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

diedrake

Post#28 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:47 pm

get in a guild, get social, some guilds require disc as voice is vastly superior then typing everything. I know that some guilds that use disc have no issues if you don't wish to speak. Also, if you join a guild, a decent guild, they don't mind that you are a fresh 40 and will grp up w ya.

Even if not in a guild just find players that you enjoy grouping with. Like Wargrimnir has stated pug-life is rough as this isn't a solo game.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Ads
Dwarni

Post#29 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:19 pm

I don't get the "this game isn't a solo game" of course it isn't but do I play solo if I decide to pug? No of course not I play with others. So this argument doesn't make any sense at all.

I can also do premade before 40 and I also did. If I decide to join a guild premade as fresh 40 all I will do is hold them back, because my usefulness is almost there.

It is about the power difference between a fresh 40 and one with RR80 and the right gear.

But hey I still have fun thinking, but I surely won't do this 40 gear grinding and if I lose the fun, well then it is just time to say goodbye.

And I know a lot of players that think the same and will probably stop playing because this painful grinding as fresh 40 just to be not farmed in under a second is not very fun at all.

But since I don't pay anything for that game and you invest a lot of free time in the development of this game I can understand that you do the things as you want.

Wuhh

Post#30 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:45 pm

re-roll destro and I will help you. potions, talismans, gear I can send you, and a guild to make you feel wanted. then when you get to t4 we can group up and go hunting in the lakes... but you have to reroll to the Happy Place first ;D