Recent Topics

Ads

Should it be easier/faster for fresh 40s to gear up?

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Should it be easier/faster for fresh 40s to gear up?

yes
50%
no
50%
Total votes: 173

Sponn
Suspended

Re: Should it be easier/faster for fresh 40s to gear up?

Post#11 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:37 am

Damn Zoomers and their need for instant gratification dopeamine release. Back in my day we didnt have a horse to pull a ram, we pushed it up hill both ways in the snow! My grandpappy didn't even have a ram, he had to use a hammer! And the keep was just a pile of rocks with a troll drooling for oil!

In all seriousness I think it should be easier to get to rank 40, but not get gear.

It is already easy to get gear now, all you need to do is invest time into your renown rank and you can get royals just from keep seiges. Literally getting sovereign without having to step foot inside fort or city.

I think getting to 40 kind of sucks, and I would like to see 2 times xp be perminent for ranks 16+ becaue t2/t3 sucks imo. But then again I've seen posts on here where people like t2/t3 and even one asking for a 100% decrease in xp scroll so everyone wants something different.

I don't think handing out gear is the way to go, especially with how easy it is to get gear now. If the gear system was how it is now when I started playing I would have had 2-3 toons in sovereign by now....

Ads
Ysaran

Post#12 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:22 am

Have you ever heard of MOBA? Maybe it will better fit you, MMORPG seems to put you through a lot difficulties
Zputadenti

BelligerentBob

Post#13 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:51 pm

The only people who should have problems gearing up are NA Destro because they are just constantly getting zerged. Even then, the rate of progression is much better than it was before.

Vanquisher needs to be made a little easier to get though.
[Hemingway Daiquiri(s)]

Panodil

Post#14 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:55 pm

its already supereasy, why make it easier?
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

zulnam

Post#15 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:04 pm

I agree with people saying to get to RR50 (or as close as possible) before R40. If you do that and play constantly you should be full vanq in less than 3 weeks; and that's a decent set.

That said i don't really see the point of Conq gear atm. I've skipped it entirely on my last two toons and went straight from anni/merq to vanq.

I guess it's useful for people who leveled in pve and now have an even harder time to catch-up.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Dwarni

Post#16 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:10 pm

Artificially delaying the leveling process to have a higher RR when you reach 40 is also quite a flawed game design in my opinion.

Max level should be something you look forward to and want to reach as fast as you can, but in this game it is (buy -75% exp scrolls, to extend the time in 16-39 SCs as long as possible.

By the way I don't play oRvR there are way too many players in zones not designed for so many players at all (like the t2 zones) and most of the time it is boring back and forth.

Scenarios are a lot more entertaining and require some effort from the individual player, while you can basically go afk during a siege and still get stuff.

But maybe I should play semi afk RvR until my gear is good enough so I can finally have fun again in level 40 SCs.

M0rw47h

Post#17 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:17 pm

Bowldancer wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:37 am Might be an unpopular opinion but I think it is already easy to catch up and get competitive gear. I have done the journey quite a lot and have several more on the way.
I agree, you can get "good enough" gear pretty fast.
Real issue with new people is just lack of knowledge how to do so.

Sulorie

Post#18 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:27 pm

How about reducing the xp gains in t2-3 sc back to normal and keep players longer below 40 in order to give them time to actually learn their class and the game mechanics.
At 40 you have more skills etc yaddayadda but the overall gameplay and requirements like positioning, awareness, target priorities, assist and group play does not change.
Dying is no option.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#19 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:31 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:27 pm How about reducing the xp gains in t2-3 sc back to normal and keep players longer below 40 in order to give them time to actually learn their class and the game mechanics.
At 40 you have more skills etc yaddayadda but the overall gameplay and requirements like positioning, awareness, target priorities, assist and group play does not change.
I don't think slowing progression would help anyhow.
I've seen people will multiple RR80+, close to RR90 who have no clues about basics. It's more about will to learn than time spent.

lyncher12

Post#20 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:25 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:27 pm How about reducing the xp gains in t2-3 sc back to normal and keep players longer below 40 in order to give them time to actually learn their class and the game mechanics.
as someone who didn't level all classes to 40 when the getting was actually good 4 years ago i am against such a thing. besides people have sovereign and are still bad/clueless.