Recent Topics

Ads

SoR change

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Hardkoar
Suspended
Posts: 242

Re: SoR change

Post#81 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:31 pm

JarlBerzirk wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:12 pm
blondgelockt wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:00 pm
JarlBerzirk wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:27 am
So you mean like you and a couple other new posters to the forum lately? :P
That's your argument? "No U"?

I guess it shows what kind of people like this change then.
You understand both sides have been advocating for this change for months now correct? How long have you been playing? Fights happened just fine without SoR and fights will continue to happen with it being gone...stop getting so defensive and spouting HURR DURR DESTRO BIAS at every little thing anyone says to you...you're making yourself look ridiculous...
Why should your opinion be more valid than his?
You claim that fights were happening before SOR just like they did with SOR, so it essentially does not hinder you does it?

He claims without SOR he experienced an issue with population being able to find meaningful fights outside of prime time, yet you belittle his opinion and try to find a way to ridicule him, based on what? His presence on the forum?

Ads
billyk
Posts: 104

Re: SoR change

Post#82 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:44 pm

People saying this fosters communication make me laugh. Communication as you imagine it happened with SoR:
"Where's the action at?"
Then you check SoR and can answer.

Now you're basically playing blind. Nobody can answer the question. Sure maybe you just got ganked by a WB in Cale but does that mean that that's where the action is? Maybe there are 4 WBs in Reik. Nobody knows. Nobody can know until a fort gets attacked, because in that case you can be sure most people will be there. You don't even know how many people OF YOUR OWN REALM are in a lake.

This will break the game. Add the various bugs from the patch and sooner or later, people will simply stop playing RvR.

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 7368
Contact:

Re: SoR change

Post#83 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:52 pm

billyk wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:44 pm
People saying this fosters communication make me laugh. Communication as you imagine it happened with SoR:
"Where's the action at?"
Then you check SoR and can answer.

Now you're basically playing blind. Nobody can answer the question. Sure maybe you just got ganked by a WB in Cale but does that mean that that's where the action is? Maybe there are 4 WBs in Reik. Nobody knows. Nobody can know until a fort gets attacked, because in that case you can be sure most people will be there. You don't even know how many people OF YOUR OWN REALM are in a lake.

This will break the game. Add the various bugs from the patch and sooner or later, people will simply stop playing RvR.
We've heard such doomsaying before.

If you're having a hard time, take a break for a couple days. I assure you, we will still be here. We're not trying to make life hard for you, we're not trying to kill the game. We're making changes, this is going to continue to happen. If you don't like changes or are unwilling to accept that we not only have the right to make changes, but frequently do make changes, then this might not be the game for you.
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

User avatar
Lithenir
Posts: 270

Re: SoR change

Post#84 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:06 pm

Hardkoar wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:52 pm
Spoiler:

Your so called Guerilla/small scale pvp was as much happening during prime time yesterday as pre-patch. Meaning it was not really existend. You could go into a more empty zone with a 6-man when the zone was like 0vs10. But after fighting the mostly solo/duo/trio preparer 2-4 times they either left the zone or called big brother and you could see numbers increase up to 2 WBs destro. So small scale parties were also doomed to roam in the zerg zone until another occasion occured. And that was on repeat til the 6-man loggs.

Ninja PvDoor happened before, as we did it multiple times because we don't care about the numbers as much as the rest of the order does. Oh sorry, I was told we "didn't ninja ****" on these keep takes... Destro had just let us take the keeps... Well anyway we had low numbers in the zone and started to siege anyways and got it.
Also ninja PvDoor without numbers also happens because the other faction lets you take it. Everyone should know how RvR works. After a faction reached two stars they are able to spawn a ram and siege the opponents keep. There are no really surprises. If the other faction has two stars in a zone you should be aware that they might siege. Meaning you, as a faction, have every opportunity to stop your opponent. You don't need to see stupid numbers. Besides the numbers make it worse imo because it just demotivates people thinking they cannot do anything because they don't have the numbers. Seeing uncountable times.

I am sorry that my proposal got you out of your comfort zone and you actually have to pretend you are playing a RvR-based MMORPG with 2 factions which actually needs you to communicate with your realm members instead of looking at some numbers.


Right, so how exactly was SOR population display an issue a hindrance that u wanted it removed so bad if everything was happening with it too?

Your proposal was unnecessary and it only benefited exactly what the type of game play I described above, you might want to look up the description of MMORPG, it mean Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Not '' lets get social because we are lonely online ''. If you need to make new friends use the /6 channel, don't force everyone to play the way you see fit to suit your needs.
Since you tend to ignore the reasons I listed multiple times this will be my last attempt.
People tend to look at numbers and react to it meaning when we have a slight disadvantage order tend to say "we don't have the numbers" doing nothing after that. Which is unhealthy imo.
I wanted it removed to see if it will change for good.
If it doesn't work out we at least tried something. I am also open to something Wargrimnir suggested, making it like Heroes of Might and Magic without hard numbers but instead something like "Warbands", "Parties", "Battallions", "Armies" and so on.

iceydealer
Posts: 4

Re: SoR change

Post#85 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:49 pm

I like the idea to an extent.

I really like not having the exact numbers for the areas as people make their decisions to commit or not dependent on whether they have the higher
pop or not was kind of crippling; in a sense where if their side as lower numbers, people are hesitant join.

I think numbers shown should be approximated e.g. 100 vs 180, it would only show 100 vs 100. it gets people to join the fight without any thinking right off the bat they are going to lose. Under 100 should have its own kind of system to figure out whats better to encourage people to join the fight.

Alternatively, if you want "exact numbers". you can refresh numbers every 15mins or 30mins instead of instantly. It causes a less sporadic change in numbers, e.g, people would be more inclined to stick around if there a failure in push.

Sarnai
Posts: 169

Re: SoR change

Post#86 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:58 pm

Less sitting around waiting for something to happen, more going out and being the catalyst for action.
WH looking for gunbad left

User avatar
Lithenir
Posts: 270

Re: SoR change

Post#87 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:00 pm

Seems like numbers are back in SoR... T2 zones are showing numbers

User avatar
Bignusty
Posts: 430

Re: SoR change

Post#88 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:49 pm

Good job people so much wine for nothing but you can be happy SoR pop is back

Dman 2020 players #assisted

Ads
User avatar
GamesBond
Communications
Posts: 645
Contact:

Re: SoR change

Post#89 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:52 pm

Lithenir wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:00 pm
Seems like numbers are back in SoR... T2 zones are showing numbers
Bignusty wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:49 pm
Good job people so much wine for nothing but you can be happy SoR pop is back

Dman 2020 players #assisted
Chill :D , it's unintended and would be probably fixed soon enough
For feedback, suggestions or cooperation with the project, please contact me:

Discord: GamesBond#2976 | Email: [email protected]


Twitch Drops information

RoR media platforms:
Discord|Facebook|Twitter

volantis
Posts: 8

Re: SoR change

Post#90 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:18 am

Late night NA RVR is awful without knowing where to look for a fight.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: norainu and 62 guests