Recent Topics

Ads

How do you feel about Squig herders now?

Let's talk about... everything else
Neverever

Re: How do you feel about Squig herders now?

Post#61 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:09 pm

Korhill wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:08 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:20 pm TL;DR Don't bother reading this post and continue bickering for the popcorn value. Clicks and views, just be respectful.

I'll just say it's mostly a waste of time to try and make balance arguments from the sort of perspectives that try to call out unfairness between the realms. We look at classes individually first, then how they affect their own realm. It doesn't matter how good say a Witch Elf is compared to a Witch Hunter, they don't play on the same team, they're not competing with each other for a spot. Differences between the two classes are encouraged, the outcomes we're interested in are how they perform in regards to their own role from their realms perspective.
But I think that is exactly the problem and maybe the reason why the SH is atm the strongest class ever existed in ROR.
Maybe the problem is that people just play classes just as strong as SH like WL and somehow can't really accept the fact there is another class that against whom their victory is not certain. Seriously, can't really find the words to describe how pathetic it is for a WL player to complain about SH...

Ads
Korhill

Post#62 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:21 pm

Neverever wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:09 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:20 pm TL;DR Don't bother reading this post and continue bickering for the popcorn value. Clicks and views, just be respectful.

I'll just say it's mostly a waste of time to try and make balance arguments from the sort of perspectives that try to call out unfairness between the realms. We look at classes individually first, then how they affect their own realm. It doesn't matter how good say a Witch Elf is compared to a Witch Hunter, they don't play on the same team, they're not competing with each other for a spot. Differences between the two classes are encouraged, the outcomes we're interested in are how they perform in regards to their own role from their realms perspective.
But I think that is exactly the problem and maybe the reason why the SH is atm the strongest class ever existed in ROR.
Maybe the problem is that people just play classes just as strong as SH like WL and somehow can't really accept the fact there is another class that against whom their victory is not certain. Seriously, can't really find the words to describe how pathetic it is for a WL player to complain about SH...
A WL can loose against many classes. What problem do you have with WLs? Maybe ask others for some Tips?
Some people always argument with WLs and/or Rampage. This is getting boring.

Really if you can't see this than I can't help you.

Neverever

Post#63 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:38 pm

Korhill wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:21 pm
Neverever wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:09 pm

A WL can loose against many classes. What problem do you have with WLs? Maybe ask others for some Tips?
Some people always argument with WLs and/or Rampage. This is getting boring.

Really if you can't see this than I can't help you.
A SH can loose against many classes too. I think you should do what you have suggested in the first place since it is you who keeps complaining about SH. I haven't said I had problems with WLs but stated that they are as strong as SHs in the first place. L2Read issues I guess.

Ramlaen

Post#64 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:46 pm

Jastojan wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:45 pm
Nishka wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:33 pm They already had disgusting damage, now they also have ranged knockdown so it's pretty much impossible to avoid being oneshot... Most BS class in the game after dps shaman/DPS am.
I would really like to see some vid you were oneshooted by rSH. If you dont like dmg of rSH you probably would hate SW... :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgreIiE46Xg
Do you think rSH were incapable of the same under comperable circumstances -before- they Squigbeast?
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

kmark101

Post#65 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:19 pm

Onigokko0101 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:42 am
kmark101 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:08 pm mSH is more broken now than before, I have experienced first hand several 5k+ burst on my SnB deftard tank.. I mean c'mon.

rSH used to be strong, remained strong, I don't see any notable difference there from the receiving end.
No way mSH did 5k damage to you as a tank in a burst window. Most likely it was guard damage from your guard target and you at the same time.
Want a screenshot?
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

vanbuinen77

Post#66 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:39 pm

Sounds like a 2h dps tank
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#67 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:03 am

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:17 pm but for example, assume that Order has a weaker melee frontline when generally compared to Destro frontline classes. If a single Order class is stronger than the Destro classes for melee frontline duty, should it be nerfed? Should all the Destro classes "worse" than it be buffed? If Destro already dominates a melee frontline situation, then it doesn't matter how strong any particular Order class is. Particularly if the Realm design for Order does not particularly favor a melee frontline as a whole.
Taking that example...what happen if that "single order stronger class" is stacked in some situations or by some wb/guild leaders?? i mean, usually leaders try to make a comp to max their winrate, and that means take only the best.

on a sidenote, changing the "melee" example to ranged example => if a realm dominates the "ranged war" what could happen if have access to the strongest ranged dps class?

Fey

Post#68 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:54 am

"What problems do you have with WLs?

The erstwhile trolling-est class that ever existed in any MMO.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
Arthem

Post#69 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:49 am

I feel good man. I'm gonna level my Squig and it will become my main class.

billyk

Post#70 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:21 am

Neverever wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:38 pm A SH can loose against many classes too.
Maybe AM and that's it. If you lose with SH you need to l2p.
Neverever wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:38 pm I think you should do what you have suggested in the first place since it is you who keeps complaining about SH. I haven't said I had problems with WLs but stated that they are as strong as SHs in the first place. L2Read issues I guess.
WL was never as strong as SH, it's just that WL used to be one of the few not gimped Order classes, so Destro started whining because they couldn't just r0xx0r WLs like all other Order classes.