Recent Topics

Ads

Total lack of WH versatility

Let's talk about... everything else
ZEDE

Total lack of WH versatility

Post#1 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:16 am

We have become useless in Wb, in city ( the almost absence of AOE has a lot to do with it), and we are more and more useless in oRvR ...
If we want to survive in oRvR we have to specialize in a "mixed" way and we have to focus too much on the defensive aspect of our characters, in consequence we lose a lot of dps ...
On the contrary if we are going towards full dsp we have no survivability, just the ability to kill a poor isolated character and .. die quickly.
Our ability to cs / disrup / burst / snare / dot etc did not evolve at the same rate as the targets in the opposing faction (so I am not talking about nerfing the others, let's be clear).
Our tools are useless, lack of duration or persistence, speed, strength ... in short, we lack everything!
In constant obligation to be under all possible types of buff, potions of strength / resistance / endurance / double heal pot / crit
To be kited by a shaman heal for 5 minutes without endangering him for a moment ... To be kited by a dps shaman and not have the possibility of countering / cs / disrup / snare more than once in 30 sec. is useless, we are dead in 20 sec!

The situation becomes really unpleasant to live and to play.

Will you react to this situation?

A redesign and a revamp of the WH is it in the planning?

Are you just going to remove the WH from the game?
(since in a short time no one will be playing it).

tired ...
cordially .

Ads
Gurf

Re: Total lack of WH versatility

Post#2 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:32 am

Most good WB will take 1 WH into City. So you need to be one of the best WH to get that spot.

Sundowner

Post#3 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:39 am

Gurf wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:32 am Most good WB will take 1 WH into City. So you need to be one of the best WH to get that spot.
that only shows that WHs need a bit of tuning to make them viable.

ZEDE

Post#4 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:42 am

thank you, I am aware ...
our results decrease regularly, our debuff hardly works (easily contradicted), our kills disappear from the results ...
and I do not think that to say: "there is a wh in the good wb" is a constructive answer to the problem ...
there are about 10 wb orders per city '(average), 5 to 6 wb organized, the rest pug ... that's very few WH which we have the possibility of participating! for my part it is not fair (I also have a thought for the engineers)

gman4gov

Post#5 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:01 pm

Zede, you do somethings wrong in the RVR lakes. Rotation and lack of survivability compromise your playing style.

Hienzwar

Post#6 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:09 pm

There is versatility there, not much but it there.

Like others have said on other threads the morale pump and drain build is a great utility and also a lot of fun, we also run ST parties in wb and cities - which works to great effect when debuffing and high DD - yes you need to focus on def stats and yes the party you are in should be one which boosts your output - this is simple game mechanics.

I think this is more you finding a team to play with and bringing something to the table which will benefit the group, a wh in pug wb's and cities isn't always going to be fun but that can be said for most pug experiences.

As for the abilities we have I don't have an issue, shammies are by design a nightmare when kiting especially if you don't have the jump on them, use SO and your snare wisely.

I am almost always solo, sometimes I can murder most of what I find and sometimes ill fail hard on something I should kill or feel i should kill, the class is completely down to how you spec and use whats on offer and more importantly what you have as a target, I know tanks that spec just to kill mdps, like healers who negate healing stats just to try and survive being jumped.

No need for the emo whine at the end, your better then that.

ZEDE

Post#7 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:10 pm

gman4gov wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:01 pm Zede, you do somethings wrong in the RVR lakes. Rotation and lack of survivability compromise your playing style.
About me: certainly.
But what I'm saying is that the survivability of the WH takes away too much dps and efficiency in WB

ZEDE

Post#8 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:20 pm

Hienzwar wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:09 pm There is versatility there, not much but it there.

Like others have said on other threads the morale pump and drain build is a great utility and also a lot of fun, we also run ST parties in wb and cities - which works to great effect when debuffing and high DD - yes you need to focus on def stats and yes the party you are in should be one which boosts your output - this is simple game mechanics.

I think this is more you finding a team to play with and bringing something to the table which will benefit the group, a wh in pug wb's and cities isn't always going to be fun but that can be said for most pug experiences.

As for the abilities we have I don't have an issue, shammies are by design a nightmare when kiting especially if you don't have the jump on them, use SO and your snare wisely.

I am almost always solo, sometimes I can murder most of what I find and sometimes ill fail hard on something I should kill or feel i should kill, the class is completely down to how you spec and use whats on offer and more importantly what you have as a target, I know tanks that spec just to kill mdps, like healers who negate healing stats just to try and survive being jumped.

No need for the emo whine at the end, your better then that.
Thank you, it's very relevant ...
specially for that "No need for the emo whine at the end, your better then that." and constructive in addition!
You have the right to blame me, but I have ensured the right to speak out whether you find me crying or not.

Ads
Gurf

Post#9 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:37 pm

One of the main problems you are seeing is that Shaman are ridiculously OP in small scale 1v1, and the lakes are full on them because of this. Shaman should fear WH in the lakes but they don't, which is a big failure of the general gameplay as it takes away one of the main roles of WH from the game, which is to patrol the lakes, pick of stragglers, kill box runners etc. You can be sure AM and any other Solo class (except tanks) on Order side look out for WE popping on them and generally stand a good chance of being killed. So if the Dev's finally get round to balancing Shaman somehow and bring WH up to the level of WE then you will see WH role in lakes being more important. It doesn't do much for Warband play but at least they generally have an important role.

ZEDE

Post#10 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:41 pm

@Gurf
I join you in this analysis