Recent Topics

Ads

Total lack of WH versatility

Let's talk about... everything else
Sinisterror

Re: Total lack of WH versatility

Post#171 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:37 am

Sulorie wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:48 pm
Sinisterror wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:31 pm My rank 37 slayer can do over 2k crits dual wielding. I cant do 2k with crits my we/wh (except burn awy lies final tick)
What you are hitting and what skill is it? I doubt bolster matters anything on that rank and I don't see endgame gear slayers doing such single hits being dual wield.
[/quote

https://imgur.com/a/Bomg93X I dont know how to add images here but i quess that link works
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
Sulorie

Post#172 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:08 am

Sinisterror wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:37 am
Sinisterror wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:31 pm My rank 37 slayer can do over 2k crits dual wielding. I cant do 2k with crits my we/wh (except burn awy lies final tick)
What you are hitting and what skill is it? I doubt bolster matters anything on that rank and I don't see endgame gear slayers doing such single hits being dual wield.
[/quote

https://imgur.com/a/Bomg93X I dont know how to add images here but i quess that link works
You should turn on combat log with time stamps if you run tests. :)
Dying is no option.

Sinisterror

Post#173 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:35 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:08 am
Sinisterror wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:37 am
[/quote

You should turn on combat log with time stamps if you run tests. :)
Didnt run tests, just found old screenshot of my lvl 34 slayer doing 1500 crits flurry 1200 AA hit + 2000+ hit. Probably like 160-170 dmg bonus on that and not lvl 40 even. Yeah i know those things dont have defenses but its still alot dmg on lvl 34 char=) The dmg hitting 24 people its the problem, aoe cap is too much. 6-9 would be okay.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

nosu

Post#174 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:58 pm

too bad WH didnt get the WE pounce it would have help a lot against SH/shaman

Aezron

Post#175 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:19 pm

nosu wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:58 pm too bad WH didnt get the WE pounce it would have help a lot against SH/shaman
The pounce isn't that good tbh, from my initial testings. The animation/leap through the air is quite long for only a 30 ft leap, so you often find yourself rather just walking the distance instead since it takes about the same time as the leap animation.
Also, as with all leaps, you land behind your target if they are running (thus not in melee range), and since the leap doesnt give bonus speed on landing and WE lack melee snare you usually doesn't even catch up to the target.

kryss

Post#176 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:52 pm

IMHO I'd take the armor debuff over pounce any day of the week. Works great solo AND in WBs, where WH can expand his role as armor/ini/heal AOE debuffer - morale pumper/reducer and work well with slayers.

WE leap seems lackluster, especially for solo roaming. We already have 2 "sprints" (vanish+flee/AP pots), a selfpunt that can be used offensively and with the element of surprise from stealth you just have to plan your INCs well to seal the deal 1 vs 1. 1 vs 2 is not so different: I feel that having or not having pounce doesn't make or break your chances to be successfu and kill both

Atropik

Post#177 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:06 pm

kryss wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:52 pm IMHO I'd take the armor debuff over pounce any day of the week. Works great solo AND in WBs, where WH can expand his role as armor/ini/heal AOE debuffer - morale pumper/reducer and work well with slayers.

WE leap seems lackluster, especially for solo roaming. We already have 2 "sprints" (vanish+flee/AP pots), a selfpunt that can be used offensively and with the element of surprise from stealth you just have to plan your INCs well to seal the deal 1 vs 1. 1 vs 2 is not so different: I feel that having or not having pounce doesn't make or break your chances to be successfu and kill both
So true. WE walks that 30ft faster than it leaps.
Nicelook | Obey

sighy

Post#178 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:49 pm

Atropik wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:06 pm
kryss wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:52 pm IMHO I'd take the armor debuff over pounce any day of the week. Works great solo AND in WBs, where WH can expand his role as armor/ini/heal AOE debuffer - morale pumper/reducer and work well with slayers.

So true. WE walks that 30ft faster than it leaps.
So if you get stuck on some piece of terrain, while stealthed and are out of a lone BWs FoV is the time to use it?

Ads
Hienzwar

Post#179 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:57 pm

The armour debuff is beautiful - thanks devs :D

Tabelrel

Post#180 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:27 am

nosu wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:58 pm too bad WH didnt get the WE pounce it would have help a lot against SH/shaman
Seriously once you have tried it i don't think you would want it. I think it has more chance of getting you killed than doing any killing. I think the first time I'd call for a nerf on my own class and ask for something to be removed :D

It's good the WH's have got a little love and a decent Christmas present, which may give them bit more versatility in WB's
Tabelrel Witch Elf rr84
Alixr Sorc rr86
Artful Dodger Zealot rr30xx
Kerang Blorc rr30xx

"She turned me into a Newt...but i got better”

Da Fat Squigs 2012 - 2021
Ard Az Nailz\Greenpeace Alliance (Eltharion) 2008 - 2010