Recent Topics

Ads

do we have a balance problem?

Let's talk about... everything else
Rapzel

Re: do we have a balance problem?

Post#551 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:52 pm

Gurf wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:28 pm
Yeah Mountain Spirit, its been so long since used it forgot the name.

I know you are joking but Can Waaaaagh and Chop Fasta be shattered, I thought they didn't count as Enchantments? still not like it makes any difference as there isnt any aoe shatter enchantment skill
Yes, Chopp fasta is an enchantment and I believe the BO buff is as well. Can't swear on the BO one, but Choppa def is.

Ads
Ysaran

Post#552 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:53 pm

Gurf wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:28 pm
Rapzel wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:56 pm
Gurf wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:51 pm There isn't any major class imbalance in terms of potentially putting out a top warband, the main imbalance is the cooldown decreasers so DOK can spam group cleanse, MSH can spam Big Bouncing, many Destro strong abilities are more available etc

But in terms of attractiveness of classes too much has been given to Destro and taken away from order. For example if you were choosing between Zealot and Rune Priest, the Zealot M1 and M4 bring a variation to its gameplay which you don't get on RP, while RP m2 Gromril Plating has been nerfed to oblivion. If you were to pick between WL and MSH/Mara there is no reason to pick WL any more, pounce has been handed out to many other classes.

For tanks as a SM you are basically a Whispering Wind bot which often gets blocked/parried = frustrating, KOBS you are aura bot with low damage = boring, IB is ap bot but also restrictive mechanic you start fight weak with 0 grudge = annoying and restrictive. So order lacks a lot of tanks because of this.
Just cleanse CD decrease, like rampage :)

Uhh gromril plating is IB, Mountain Spirit is RP m2.

Majority of player base is perplexed about the pounce change tbh, like the fact that WE was given pounce which feels like it's a "buff" to be able to "justify" the armor debuff on WH that no one feels is uncalled for.

BO is a Waaaaagh bot, SM has the interrupt and some other small tools, Chosen is a worse aura bot and BG is just a high defense pillar with AoE slow, at least IB has AP buff going for it.

Yeah Mountain Spirit, its been so long since used it forgot the name.

I know you are joking but Can Waaaaagh and Chop Fasta be shattered, I thought they didn't count as Enchantments? still not like it makes any difference as there isnt any aoe shatter enchantment skill
He is not joking. It like tank 101: make a Buffhead list of importants shatterable buffs.
And yes, WAAAAAGH and Chop Fasta are both shatterable
Zputadenti

Earthcake

Post#553 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:43 pm

Wdova wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:35 pm
Earthcake wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:18 am Most melee reroll to rdps cause they are tired of being kited while having 0 chance to fight back. If that doesn't lead to less melee in proportion, i don't know what would.
Order always was even on live the side with more ranged dps and destro with more melee trains. Dont get buffed SH to SW level as an excuse that order " had to reroll" to rdps because off.... goblins.
I never said melees HAD to reroll, but fact is many did. Having "very low risk/high reward" classes like goblins in oRvR leads to an overabundance of them, which leads to a growing frustration in order melee.
In theory, maybe order can setup stronger city WBs, in practice they can't cuz not enough core classes available. And this problem is exacerbed by recent balance changes. How come the same realm has more tools to escape and more tools to catch escaping ppl ? This isn't a city related problem, but an oRvR one, that leads to an even bigger city problem.

Destro once got a problem in forts : a door. Since all destro players want to play melee (i m also guilty here, destro tanks are too cool, no way not to play them), they all try to go in at the same time, it's not possible and they all die, again and again, leading to some absurd fortresses stats.
Devs didn t say "go play ranged, noobs", they made changes to help with that problem.

Cities got the same problem, order lack melees, but instead of making changes to help that, all i see is "go play slayer and tanks, noobs".

Also, funnily enough, most players play both sides, but according to many ppl here, destro are good and order bad, the exact same players, go figure... I guess i magicaly l2p when i log my black orc

agemennon675

Post#554 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:48 pm

Earthcake wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:43 pm
Wdova wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:35 pm
Earthcake wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:18 am Most melee reroll to rdps cause they are tired of being kited while having 0 chance to fight back. If that doesn't lead to less melee in proportion, i don't know what would.
Order always was even on live the side with more ranged dps and destro with more melee trains. Dont get buffed SH to SW level as an excuse that order " had to reroll" to rdps because off.... goblins.
I never said melees HAD to reroll, but fact is many did. Having "very low risk/high reward" classes like goblins in oRvR leads to an overabundance of them, which leads to a growing frustration in order melee.
In theory, maybe order can setup stronger city WBs, in practice they can't cuz not enough core classes available. And this problem is exacerbed by recent balance changes. How come the same realm has more tools to escape and more tools to catch escaping ppl ? This isn't a city related problem, but an oRvR one, that leads to an even bigger city problem.

Destro once got a problem in forts : a door. Since all destro players want to play melee (i m also guilty here, destro tanks are too cool, no way not to play them), they all try to go in at the same time, it's not possible and they all die, again and again, leading to some absurd fortresses stats.
Devs didn t say "go play ranged, noobs", they made changes to help with that problem.

Cities got the same problem, order lack melees, but instead of making changes to help that, all i see is "go play slayer and tanks, noobs".

Also, funnily enough, most players play both sides, but according to many ppl here, destro are good and order bad, the exact same players, go figure... I guess i magicaly l2p when i log my black orc
Pretty much go play slayer or roll Destro is the solution for people who want to win most city/scs/ranked scs/ like me, thats what I did and it works.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#555 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:59 pm

Earthcake wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:43 pm I never said melees HAD to reroll, but fact is many did. Having "very low risk/high reward" classes like goblins in oRvR leads to an overabundance of them...

... I guess i magicaly l2p when i log my black orc
overabundance of goblins...You mean all those rSH and dps shamans that overfill the destro city instances??...oh wait...

For curiosity, what class is your main in order??

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#556 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:03 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:48 pm Pretty much go play slayer or roll Destro is the solution for people who want to win most city/scs/ranked scs/ like me, thats what I did and it works.
i wonder what is the solution for this 5 slayers?

agemennon675

Post#557 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:12 pm

emiliorv wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:03 pm
agemennon675 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:48 pm Pretty much go play slayer or roll Destro is the solution for people who want to win most city/scs/ranked scs/ like me, thats what I did and it works.
i wonder what is the solution for this 5 slayers?

Same for any player: try to find a spot in a /5 warband, that highly organised warbands people claim are also just /5LFG 2-2-2, rest have to solo que, I bet many dps players on both sides do that. And believe me no one in order /5 lfg chat ever had to write LF WH or Engi or SW etc. But there will be LF aoe MDPS for city, so you can easily find a spot as a slayer or WP,RP or as SM kotbs.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Asherdoom

Post#558 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:27 pm

honestly i do not see why you whiune: I got 1 order and 1 destro char. sometimes order win fortresses and sometimes loses. The people on the server are the same. If you are not satisfied make your own guild/warband and do cities. Whine on forum is useless.

Ads
Sundowner

Post#559 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:50 pm

Asherdoom wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:27 pm honestly i do not see why you whiune: I got 1 order and 1 destro char. sometimes order win fortresses and sometimes loses. The people on the server are the same. If you are not satisfied make your own guild/warband and do cities. Whine on forum is useless.
Except when orders won majority of fortresses due to the class distribution mainly, forts got changed in 1-2 weeks. Destro has winrate over 70% for a year, order classes get nerfed. :mrgreen:

lyncher12

Post#560 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:57 pm

Sundowner wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:50 pm
Asherdoom wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:27 pm honestly i do not see why you whiune: I got 1 order and 1 destro char. sometimes order win fortresses and sometimes loses. The people on the server are the same. If you are not satisfied make your own guild/warband and do cities. Whine on forum is useless.
Except when orders won majority of fortresses due to the class distribution mainly, forts got changed in 1-2 weeks. Destro has winrate over 70% for a year, order classes get nerfed. :mrgreen:
forts are just garbage and not really the tool to measure things by. if fmj or phalanx isnt carrying the 100+ destro leeches forts aren't being won. besides, winrate isn't the end all be all of what indicates "a balance problem". if any of these order whiners recorded their city gameplay we would see real fast why they not only are losing but think there is also a destro dev conspiracy and super op unbeatable destro classes.