Recent Topics

Ads

so let me understand this

Let's talk about... everything else
Sundowner

Re: so let me understand this

Post#11 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:50 am

AMs were dealing with mSH with the same git em! (before patch WLs CS had smaller stat modificator, now they are even) without run away! tactic. Don't go full glasscanon if you want to survive bursts. Also when you see WL jumping just place absorb shield on you so you won't receive crits. Why am I teaching you how to play your class?

Ads
Everdin

Post#12 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:03 am

havartii wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:20 am @Knick, look at it like this for 1 second WL and Shaman have always had interplay, WL can catch shaman. OK . Then you put a 10 sec cooldown on runaway (a 25% CHANCE to proc) Yet a WL can spam pounce as long as it has ap. Reduction of distance means nothing if they can just spam the button. If you wanted to be fair you would put a 10 sec cooldown on pounce.. then we would see real tears from Order. So Shaman now gets a 25% chance for a speed proc per fight , while a WL can spam pounce. And now lets buff their damage so if I miss a detaunt I'm dead. nice.

@Twyxx yes the 80+ rr WL can 2 shot a shaman in full sov now if they miss their detaunt.
Pounce is only without timeout if you use Loner tactic, without pet the lion has ZERO chance to get you silenced or knocked down. With pounce you are always a little bit behind your target if it is moving due to some garbage landing mechanic, so if a lion will spam pounce on you he will never get real damage on you, if you die from pounce-damage only, get your equip done.

Last but not least, as you said, he can use pounce as long as he has AP, so just try to learn your class, use ap drain and with a little bit kiting skills the lion won't have a chance to kill you.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

havartii

Post#13 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:24 am

A front loaded WL rr80 will have ap pots.. they just need 1 rotation. I swear these comments are all from Order players. Pounce is a gap closer, they also have charge, and their Lion will out run any shaman. There was already a slim chance of escape, now it's just brutal.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

carthagerising

Post#14 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:30 am

Sorry op but the shaman and am need further corrections imo. They are god tier solo and it’s way too much. A wl should **** you up so at least there is one class to pose a threat.

This is like ams moaning about the we pounce, no class should as god like solo as these 2 and I’d expect further corrections to bring them back into line. Not buffs.

Now healing parties or in wb settings is another matter entirely but run away was clearly imbalanced
Carthage 91 Chosen
Macedonia 83 Kotbs

Foomy44

Post#15 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:38 am

havartii wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:20 am If you wanted to be fair you would put a 10 sec cooldown on pounce.. then we would see real tears from Order.
It literally has exactly this. Glad you find it fair.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Jaffawer

Post#16 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:49 am

Imagine being upset about a nerf to run away while AMs have no such luxury of having a free get out card.
Archmage - Ealleas Silverscroll, rr80+
Swordmaster - Eallethril Goldwing, rr60+
White Lion - Koranthir Swiftstrider, WIP

Sundowner

Post#17 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:09 am

Again, AMs were dealing with squigs who had stronger git em! (now git em! and CS have the same stat modificators), KD without needing pet without without any form of run away!. Now you have class that directly counters your class, like all other classes have, this is how ror works.

Noslock

Post#18 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:45 am

havartii wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:23 am @ravenzaar you are obviously an order main, and your tag seems a bit bias, so I will take your words lightly. The patch just dropped and you say you still see shammy's dropping 2 -3 WL . ok funny story. Possibly a very high rank killed a couple lowbies. And that's what we should balance ? What did gobbo's ever do to you? Best tactic in the game?? are you kidding me?? lets look at dwarf tactics.. probably the most broken I have seen in any MMO
Slayer main from live he probably got wrecked by some kiting shaman so dont ask him what did gobbo ever do to you :-)

Ads
detrap

Post#19 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:50 am

All pounces were nerfed correct?
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

dalen
Developer

Post#20 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:12 pm

havartii wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:20 am So Shaman now gets a 25% chance for a speed proc per fight , while a WL can spam pounce.
It is 25% to proc per hit. If you only get hit once every fight it sounds like you are still fine.
Source Developer