Recent Topics

Ads

Damaging door w/ abilities intended?

Let's talk about... everything else
Foomy44

Damaging door w/ abilities intended?

Post#1 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:20 am

Leveling up a RP, trying out builds, end up hitting a keep door w/ Rune of Immolation while using Potent Runes tactic to make it undefendable and it ended up working and damaging the door. Is this intended/ok?
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Ads
Ysaran

Re: Damaging door w/ abilities intended?

Post#2 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:40 am

nope. use the bugtracker
Zputadenti

Naelar

Post#3 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:03 pm

Yeah, this is a bug that has popped up more than once.

Foomy44

Post#4 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:07 pm

Put it up on bugtracker, couldn't find any other posts about it there. In the meantime, who wants to join my RP only guild "Keep Crashers"? (j/k)
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell

Lilim

Post#5 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:09 pm

Foomy44 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:07 pm Put it up on bugtracker, couldn't find any other posts about it there. In the meantime, who wants to join my RP only guild "Keep Crashers"? (j/k)
Hey,

uhm, if you see someone who is doing this, inform a GM.

Foomy44

Post#6 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:12 pm

Lilim wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:09 pm
Foomy44 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:07 pm Put it up on bugtracker, couldn't find any other posts about it there. In the meantime, who wants to join my RP only guild "Keep Crashers"? (j/k)
Hey,

uhm, if you see someone who is doing this, inform a GM.
Me, Boomrune, yesterday at a keep when I discovered it while trying to defend the ram and then tested other tactics/attacks to see exactly what was going on after asking in /Advice about it and checking if a GM was on (was surprised Rune of Striking didn't damage door since same tactic makes both of em undefendable. Seems like only DoT ticks from undefendable DoTs will deal damage). Plz no ban.

Kaelang

Post#7 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:28 pm

This is live on the Bugtracker - things like this however should really be PM'd to a member of staff for verification as it risks spreading the information around which could lead to exploitation.

However, on that note, if anyone is caught exploiting this bug - it has resurfaced enough times in the past for many veteran players to know what happens if you are caught. So for anyone who's thinking of using this on the Live environment before a fix is produced - I wouldn't. ;)
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Foomy44

Post#8 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:29 pm

I wasn't positive if it was a bug, I been gone years and I recall reading doors were attackable for part of that time so not sure what the current state of things is. First thing I did was .gm, none online, then asked in /advice, no one gave me a clear answer on if it's ok or not. I recall some drama about someone getting banned recently for "abusing" the 100% dodge/disrupt bug when their guildies claimed it was unintentional so after I'd already attacked door and asked about it in /advice figured I should make a post to make it very clear and public that I wasn't trying to abuse anything just to be safe.

Ads