Recent Topics

Ads

mathematically speaking we do have a balance problem

Let's talk about... everything else
Sofong

Re: mathematically speaking we do have a balance problem

Post#21 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:15 pm

Sponn wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:29 pm
Aurandilaz wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:59 pm our guild+ally (23man coz crash yay) vs PNP (one of the best Destro warband guilds) in Altdorf yesterday

I find Slayer a boring class to play but its absurdly strong as it is now, IMO (the things we do for our royal grind...).
Also our setup was missing a WH/ASW and 1 RP and 1 AM and 2h knight, so we might have done better with better comp.

Order is anything but weak, when played with good team+setup. If anything, top tier Destro setups will have hard time competing against a top tier Order setup.
The fact of the matter is it takes more effort to make a competitive comp on Order than it does on Destro. Seems destro can just pick whatever classes are available where as Order needs to crutch on Slayers.

Imagine leaning on one DPS class on one side, and calling it balanced lmao.

Also the whole WH thing is heresay, I keep hearing how OP the armor debuff is. Yet I see NO ONE BRINGIN A WH. Even the self proclaimed best destro guilds. I don't get it.

TUP was talking about the same thing the other day saying "zomg WH and DPS RP is OP with those armor debuffs" but when I asked if they brought them to their wbs they didn't. So I don't get what all the hub bub is all about. Everyone is saying they are OP yet nobody uses them. A bit confusing.
crutch on slayers? the engi almost got double kills and dmg than a slayer.

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Post#22 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:18 pm

Sofong wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:15 pm crutch on slayers? the engi almost got double kills and dmg than a slayer.
The only thing that matters in WB play is burst on important targets. Shitting out billions of chip aoe damage that's healed an instant later means nothing (aka what engineers and magus does). As for his DBs, my guess is that the dots just happened to do the last tick of damage after the slayers did all the burst.

Sofong

Post#23 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:25 pm

im not saying slayers are not good they are very good, but i can see order and destro both have 4 dps classes in it, and they all do well, cant see how "destro have more choices, order only rely on slayers."

Caduceus

Post#24 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:40 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:59 pm

Order is anything but weak, when played with good team+setup.

Thank you. /thread
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#25 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:58 pm

puzzolamistica wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:02 pm
emiliorv wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:38 pm
puzzolamistica wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:45 pm Before i start to talk i need to do an incipit and talking about morale.
m1 is 360 morale point m2 is 720 m3 1800 m4 3600.
a standard character get 20 morale point per second wile a destro whit morlae pump get almost 5 time this ammount, is close to 90 per second.
I was expecting some maths but: "a destro whit morlae pump get almost 5 time this ammount, is close to 90 per second" => where are the maths there?

Please remove the "mathematically" from the tittle (or show any real maths)..

Destro must be doing a nice job in RVR/SCs/Cities looking at the numbers of this crying posts...
morale pump from destro is 200 every 3 sec so 200%3 is 66.666667+20 is 86,66667.
Hahaha from where you pulled that numbers??

kmark101

Post#26 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:00 pm

Sofong wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:15 pm
Sponn wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:29 pm
Aurandilaz wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:59 pm our guild+ally (23man coz crash yay) vs PNP (one of the best Destro warband guilds) in Altdorf yesterday

I find Slayer a boring class to play but its absurdly strong as it is now, IMO (the things we do for our royal grind...).
Also our setup was missing a WH/ASW and 1 RP and 1 AM and 2h knight, so we might have done better with better comp.

Order is anything but weak, when played with good team+setup. If anything, top tier Destro setups will have hard time competing against a top tier Order setup.
The fact of the matter is it takes more effort to make a competitive comp on Order than it does on Destro. Seems destro can just pick whatever classes are available where as Order needs to crutch on Slayers.

Imagine leaning on one DPS class on one side, and calling it balanced lmao.

Also the whole WH thing is heresay, I keep hearing how OP the armor debuff is. Yet I see NO ONE BRINGIN A WH. Even the self proclaimed best destro guilds. I don't get it.

TUP was talking about the same thing the other day saying "zomg WH and DPS RP is OP with those armor debuffs" but when I asked if they brought them to their wbs they didn't. So I don't get what all the hub bub is all about. Everyone is saying they are OP yet nobody uses them. A bit confusing.
crutch on slayers? the engi almost got double kills and dmg than a slayer.

Outcome would have been completely different if destro would have more BO and Chosen, as the OP started his whole argument with these 2 classes. Not using the available morale pump advantage and losing does not mean a problem with balance but rather than that comp's players decided to play BG's and what not instead of the classes that stomp order without resistance/chance.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Sulorie

Post#27 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:38 pm

Mystry wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:18 pm
Sofong wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:15 pm crutch on slayers? the engi almost got double kills and dmg than a slayer.
The only thing that matters in WB play is burst on important targets. Shitting out billions of chip aoe damage that's healed an instant later means nothing (aka what engineers and magus does). As for his DBs, my guess is that the dots just happened to do the last tick of damage after the slayers did all the burst.
This isn't actually what is happening. They are very viable as dps and earn their kills. You just can't spam them like melee dd.
Dying is no option.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#28 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:50 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:38 pm This isn't actually what is happening. They are very viable as dps and earn their kills. You just can't spam them like melee dd.
Do AOE classes like engi/magus have a measurable effect by creating mild pressure on healers? Absolutely.
Do they have anything to do with actually killing important classes? Absolutely not.
They don't have the burst of slayer/white lion.
They don't have the punting and positional CC of a tank.
They don't have healing debuffs.

They have some minor help in damage, but by and large, are mostly not responsible for defeating the important targets. This is why meleeball is so effective, and rangedball is not.

Ads
Rapzel

Post#29 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:48 pm

Sponn wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:36 pm
Earthcake wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:34 pm That's the forum's way to argue.
Proving maths wrong with a screenshot, definitly op
Are you saying a sample size of 1 isn't conclusive or acceptable!?

/s
The issue with you Flatdorfers is that we keep giving you more and more data, yet you still refuse to draw the conclusion that the problem is sitting in front of the screen. When the filthy xrealmers do well on order it's us cherry picking, when we provide you with reasons and explanations we're meet with silence.

How many times do we need to prove you wrong?

Sulorie

Post#30 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:50 pm

Mystry wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:50 pm
Sulorie wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:38 pm This isn't actually what is happening. They are very viable as dps and earn their kills. You just can't spam them like melee dd.
Do AOE classes like engi/magus have a measurable effect by creating mild pressure on healers? Absolutely.
Do they have anything to do with actually killing important classes? Absolutely not.
They don't have the burst of slayer/white lion.
They don't have the punting and positional CC of a tank.
They don't have healing debuffs.

They have some minor help in damage, but by and large, are mostly not responsible for defeating the important targets. This is why meleeball is so effective, and rangedball is not.
I am no talking about spreading aoe dots. I talk about burst. LIke with all classes, this is obviously not true for all players of that class. Melee > range is an entirely different story.
Dying is no option.