Recent Topics

Ads

a truth about "balance"

Let's talk about... everything else
thiefy

a truth about "balance"

Post#1 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:11 am

Recent keep siege in CW. Order have almost twice the numbers destro have. Fell Landing just finished with destro not even having full numbers and most ppl from both factions have already run north in CW to go to the siege. There is a small skirmish in the middle of the map. 3 order vs 3 destro. and ppl keep passing by...... 2 destro bypassers decide to join in but it's ok since 2 destro are already dead. and order still keep passing by. 2 more destro join in and the pressure is real for that small order grp. and order keep passing by.... another destro joins in and the situation gets critical. and order keep passing by....
and then a miracle. two order players stand for a second giving it a though. but they are merely mindless zerglings that all they know to do is jump in already fleeing enemies and "secure" kills. so they pass by too.... and more destro join and our little party is dead since order just kept passing by....

To all of you "orderlings" that whine about "class balance" and "population balance" and all the other stuff that you use as an excuse while you backpedal and simply stand and watch an undecided battle,
yes there are balance issues (imho at least)
BUT
uour loser mentallity is the worse "balance" issue,
you deserve to be stomped,
you will never be to any real use to anyone but the destros farming your "70+RR" @$$ for fun and last but not least
plz go play destro so at least we will know our real numbers

(PS. while the fight was going on, order players who passed by where at least twice the number of destro)

yours,
a dedicated order only player

Ads
balvor877
Suspended

Re: a truth about "balance"

Post#2 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:27 am

Guess what, it's the same people playing order and destro. When people are passing by then it's probably because order is dominating and a lot of winning team joiners logged over from destro. That's exactly the kind of people that wont stop. When destro is dominating it's the other way around.

BeautfulToad

Post#3 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:37 am

I played in Fell Landing on destro. There was 80% AAO and literally no organisation in pug warbands. Despite this, I ended up with 10,000s of RR pts and the kill count was split evenly.

mekal

Post#4 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:43 am

Lets say I was one of those order passing you by (I wasnt)

There's a fort/siege happening why would I stop and help some random who I dont give two shits about when my party and I can use our fort reservation or go tap the keep lord for much better rewards

Welcome to ror rvr here is somehow worse than live since you get **** all for pk the system actually incentivize you to ignore players and just pve
Last edited by mekal on Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aethilmar

Post#5 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:45 am

@OP Sounds like you misread the situation and counted on support from people you don't know. If dying like that bothers you, don't do it.

I run solo all the time. I often push into situations that I am pretty sure we can win if Order just moves forward. Sometimes they do. Sometimes they don't. And sometimes I get angry about it.

But, at the end of the day, you cannot reasonably expect randoms to help you just like they cannot expect your little group to help them. I'm sure you have bypassed some fights you didn't think were winnable as well or because you had another objective for your group.

BTW, a bit of shorthand from my experiences about whether or not you can expect help from randoms:

If they are a tank or a SW they will probably engage. Everyone else is a coin toss.

Arthem

Post#6 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:42 am

thiefy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:11 am Recent keep siege in CW. Order have almost twice the numbers destro have. Fell Landing just finished with destro not even having full numbers and most ppl from both factions have already run north in CW to go to the siege. There is a small skirmish in the middle of the map. 3 order vs 3 destro. and ppl keep passing by...... 2 destro bypassers decide to join in but it's ok since 2 destro are already dead. and order still keep passing by. 2 more destro join in and the pressure is real for that small order grp. and order keep passing by.... another destro joins in and the situation gets critical. and order keep passing by....
and then a miracle. two order players stand for a second giving it a though. but they are merely mindless zerglings that all they know to do is jump in already fleeing enemies and "secure" kills. so they pass by too.... and more destro join and our little party is dead since order just kept passing by....

To all of you "orderlings" that whine about "class balance" and "population balance" and all the other stuff that you use as an excuse while you backpedal and simply stand and watch an undecided battle,
BUT
you will never be to any real use to anyone but the destros farming your "70+RR" @$$ for fun and last but not least

(PS. while the fight was going on, order players who passed by where at least twice the number of destro)

yours,
Nice roleplay :D

Arthem

Post#7 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:45 am

Yeah but someone made a good point, the system here doesn't reward fighting. You have 5 mins to get to fort or you lose your spot. Doing boxes and capping keeps is all you need to be doing, that's just the mechanics of the game. It sounds like you found yourself drowning and tried to bring down smarter pug chads with you who knew better. Next time be a chad and don't dismount, simply ignore them and continue to the objective.

sharpblader

Post#8 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:40 am

thiefy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:11 am Recent keep siege in CW. Order have almost twice the numbers destro have. Fell Landing just finished with destro not even having full numbers and most ppl from both factions have already run north in CW to go to the siege. There is a small skirmish in the middle of the map. 3 order vs 3 destro. and ppl keep passing by...... 2 destro bypassers decide to join in but it's ok since 2 destro are already dead. and order still keep passing by. 2 more destro join in and the pressure is real for that small order grp. and order keep passing by.... another destro joins in and the situation gets critical. and order keep passing by....

BUT

yours,
Nice whine.

Don't expect people to lose their fort reservation over small scale fights. If they die in CW there's a high chance they'll be picked off by destro roamers blocking the late comers.

Also that's the life of people playing solo and small scale. After a while you get used to the unfair fights.

Ads
Martok

Post#9 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:48 am

sharpblader wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:40 amAlso that's the life of people playing solo and small scale. After a while you get used to the unfair fights.

True dat.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

normanis

Post#10 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:38 am

first time i see ppl are asking athers to play destro.
mostly destro has 52-58% online and order acordingly is 40-50%. what happened some hiden buff for order? hold my ale logging into game.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"