Recent Topics

Ads

Addressing the 90 min Elephant in the room.

Let's talk about... everything else
Qorth

Re: Addressing the 90 min Elephant in the room.

Post#71 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:26 pm

Brew wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:47 pm
Qorth wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:11 pm
I think this is exactly what the change is meant to address - purposeful circumvention of game mechanics.
What game mechanics are being circumvented?
You stated that you switch realms to push city, causing a realm imbalance, and then switch back to defend. That's not how its intended to work.

Ads
Brew

Post#72 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:28 pm

Qorth wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:26 pm
Qorth wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:11 pm
I think this is exactly what the change is meant to address - purposeful circumvention of game mechanics.
You stated that you switch realms to push city, causing a realm imbalance, and then switch back to defend. That's not how its intended to work.
Switching realms isn't circumventing or exploiting a game mechanic. That is something you can do because that is how the devs programmed it. "Play how we want you to" is what you meant to say.
<Art Supplies>

Qorth

Post#73 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:36 pm

Brew wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:28 pm
Qorth wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:26 pm

Switching realms isn't circumventing or exploiting a game mechanic. That is something you can do because that is how the devs programmed it. "Play how we want you to" is what you meant to say.
Brew, is the game meant to be a back and forth between two sides? Simple yes or no will do.

Brew

Post#74 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:39 pm

No
<Art Supplies>

Qorth

Post#75 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:41 pm

Well then

Rydiak

Post#76 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:49 pm

Guess that settles that debate then.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Brew

Post#77 » Sat May 08, 2021 6:54 pm

I can see why some people would want the game to more back and forth. That's why priding exists. It's the only way some guilds and groups can have small little warm victories. I'd rather look for good fights in city and the gear is my prize. City on live was the endgame, as it should be here. Some people make believe rvr is endgame. We all play differently.
<Art Supplies>

marafado
Suspended

Post#78 » Sat May 08, 2021 7:21 pm

Brew wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:54 pm I can see why some people would want the game to more back and forth. That's why priding exists. It's the only way some guilds and groups can have small little warm victories. I'd rather look for good fights in city and the gear is my prize. City on live was the endgame, as it should be here. Some people make believe rvr is endgame. We all play differently.
no, you have no ideia wat live was, but i can tell you :)
gear in live was easy to get it, you can have the sov set in bank for 6 months playing every day the same toon to get the rr that allow you to use it :)

Ads
Brew

Post#79 » Sat May 08, 2021 7:24 pm

marafado wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:21 pm
Brew wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:54 pm I can see why some people would want the game to more back and forth. That's why priding exists. It's the only way some guilds and groups can have small little warm victories. I'd rather look for good fights in city and the gear is my prize. City on live was the endgame, as it should be here. Some people make believe rvr is endgame. We all play differently.
no, you have no ideia wat live was, but i can tell you :)
gear in live was easy to get it, you can have the sov set in bank for 6 months playing every day the same toon to get the rr that allow you to use it :)
I was part of the na 1st order King kill and strapped on my BW's sov as soon as I got it but sure.
<Art Supplies>

natanflagorian

Post#80 » Sat May 08, 2021 7:53 pm

So what destro was planning on switching to order to get a city pop after they pushed altdorf? Probably none of them? If they were maybe they shouldn’t have attended fort on destro?

Unless they decide a 24 man can fight 1 guy in city it is very possible a full 24 man of great players(even arguably the best) don’t get a pop. It sucks but changing the lockout timer after forts shouldn’t be a way to prevent that unless you are actively trying to get other destro to swap to order after the last fort goes down to give you more opportunities.

We have had to many times before the queue runs out break up a 24 man and solo queue. Some in your warband won’t make it but others will. It sucks but sometimes you gotta help the few instead of screwing the entire group.