Recent Topics

Ads

My experience trying to play this god awful game

Let's talk about... everything else
Sofong

Re: My experience trying to play this god awful game

Post#11 » Wed May 19, 2021 10:31 am

t1 last for like 3 days, it doesnt matter.

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#12 » Wed May 19, 2021 3:51 pm

ekalime wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:33 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:15 pm A group of friends you say? Interesting.
I can't even find one friend and you expect me to find a group? :cry:
I wish there was an upvote feature for posts instead you will just have to make do with +1000 in text.

Alubert

Post#13 » Wed May 19, 2021 3:56 pm

You approach the game like a novice player. Over time you will learn what is important and what is not.
It is not important which side captures the castles.
It doesn't matter which side captures zones.
It dosen't matter which side attack city.
In a small party, you will get more renown for one kill than for capturing a zone.

It is important that there are many more opponents (this is often due to weak players who switch to a more numerous side, be thankful for this because you have AAO).
It is important that your party kills and dies as few times as possible.
Don't even start a fight if you have zerg opponents in front of you, wait for a convenient time and place (for example when they engage in a fight with a zerg on your side). Do not pay attention to others outside your party, they are not important, treat them as absorb bouble.

When you are in a scenario, keep an eye on your group if you signed up for duo-trio-6man. If others don't make it, try not to die and help your group kill as many as you can. It is better to limit yourself to warcamp than to mindlessly die. At the end of the scenario even if you lose and you and your party don't die often you can feel victorious.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#14 » Wed May 19, 2021 4:28 pm

arorwne wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:47 am There are gameplay reasons why WAR failed. It is a rather fun game, but it wasn't due to EA meddling or what have you(honestly, believe it or not, EA are the good guys here). It was due to how overdesigned it was. After beginning to really falter, what did Mythic do? Implement yet MORE SYSTEMS(=more gear tiers, RR Talents etc). And that's a perfect example of a system salad where everything clashes with everything else. And the best lithmus test? Here:

"How long do you think WAR would've survived without Warhammer Fantasy IP? How many of its 1,2mil people would've tried it without WHFB?"
WAR was shutdown by EA along with the rest of the Mythic games and it was entirely EA's fault. WAR was mildly profitable before it was shutdown, they had GW approved expansions in the works, and when the license renewal came up GW offered them even more generous terms (less than the existing agreement), but EA declined it anyway. Dark Age of Camelot would have been shutdown as well, but Rob Denton split off and made his own company solely to take it from EA if they were just tossing it out, and it's still running fine today, not exactly a booming population over there. MMO's are cheap to maintain once you get them off the ground, it's a slow trickle of easy money. EA is evil and money grubbing, they want the mobile game whale cash and having a relatively cheap game sucking away customers doesn't hit their metrics of success the same way that scamming children for their parents credit cards to psuedo-gamble for shiny pixels does. They're not the "good guys", they're some of the worst.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

arorwne
Suspended

Post#15 » Wed May 19, 2021 7:20 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:28 pm
arorwne wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 7:47 am There are gameplay reasons why WAR failed. It is a rather fun game, but it wasn't due to EA meddling or what have you(honestly, believe it or not, EA are the good guys here). It was due to how overdesigned it was. After beginning to really falter, what did Mythic do? Implement yet MORE SYSTEMS(=more gear tiers, RR Talents etc). And that's a perfect example of a system salad where everything clashes with everything else. And the best lithmus test? Here:

"How long do you think WAR would've survived without Warhammer Fantasy IP? How many of its 1,2mil people would've tried it without WHFB?"
WAR was shutdown by EA along with the rest of the Mythic games and it was entirely EA's fault. WAR was mildly profitable before it was shutdown, they had GW approved expansions in the works, and when the license renewal came up GW offered them even more generous terms (less than the existing agreement), but EA declined it anyway. Dark Age of Camelot would have been shutdown as well, but Rob Denton split off and made his own company solely to take it from EA if they were just tossing it out, and it's still running fine today, not exactly a booming population over there. MMO's are cheap to maintain once you get them off the ground, it's a slow trickle of easy money. EA is evil and money grubbing, they want the mobile game whale cash and having a relatively cheap game sucking away customers doesn't hit their metrics of success the same way that scamming children for their parents credit cards to psuedo-gamble for shiny pixels does. They're not the "good guys", they're some of the worst.
Honestly, why it shut down is a complicated issue where there are no innocents. Paul Barnett, EA, Mythic, even players themselves(for having unreasonable expectations and falling for Barnett's schlock)...all are equally at fault here. But it shut down for a reason and it was because it was a mediocre, outdated game. Honestly, I always bemoan the lack of Warhammer Fantasy RPGs, but I'd rather have none, than half-assed ones.

And don't be quick to dismiss EA. Without them, WAR would've crushed Mythic before it was even beta'd. They enabled all of us to have fun. Some more, some less. I, for one, don't really care for the game, but it was a very nice aesthetic experience, a lovely adventure / journey. And I thank you for it.

ravezaar

Post#16 » Wed May 19, 2021 9:18 pm

Xrealming on same server wasnt even a Thing on Live, so not reason it failed. Just saying
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Sulorie

Post#17 » Wed May 19, 2021 11:57 pm

ravezaar wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:18 pm Xrealming on same server wasnt even a Thing on Live, so not reason it failed. Just saying
Not saying it was a thing in a sense of it having a notable impact but you could have both sides on one server.
Dying is no option.

ravezaar

Post#18 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:14 am

Sulorie wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:57 pm
ravezaar wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:18 pm Xrealming on same server wasnt even a Thing on Live, so not reason it failed. Just saying
Not saying it was a thing in a sense of it having a notable impact but you could have both sides on one server.
If u bought 2 accounts yea, only then so that was not wide spread
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Ads
Stophy22

Post#19 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:35 am

Sounds like someone fed you some biased information. The reason people switch sides can be but are not limited to

-searched for challenging fights
-"the winning side"
-friends logged on
-guild called for their help
-new player wanted to play that side so making a character to play with them
-and more

This crazy idea that people only try to play the winning side or only 1 side winds is just a lack of experience that people have on this server and whats crazy is that some people with even years in the server still have this lack of experience. Keep playing and find some friends I think that was genuinely good advice given to you.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Sulorie

Post#20 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:37 am

ravezaar wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:14 am
Sulorie wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:57 pm
If u bought 2 accounts yea, only then so that was not wide spread
I don't know how long you played live but they merged servers and you played both sided with a lockout timer.
Dying is no option.