Recent Topics

Ads

So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Let's talk about... everything else
Nekkma

Re: So Nerfed Buttons Is Not Removed Completely and What That Means...

Post#61 » Mon May 31, 2021 9:56 am

Spellbound wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:42 am It’s not a aimbot or cheat. Using conditional mechanics that’s part of WAR just like WOW. Already posted more about this in Patch thread, so won’t delve further.

You obviously haven’t tried if comparing to aimbot in 1st player shooter who kills everyone in seconds and is 115-1 in Battlefield V match w aimbot. NB or no NB, player will still kill or die the same amount. Mostly used for QOL. You still gotta use 10+ other buttons, not just spam one button.

If guilds are 50/50 split, it’s a bad move then to remove it as population will get worse not better. You yourself said 50/50 shows how much population can be lost when I was generous at 10-15%.
It is not mostly used for QoL. That is just as much a misconception as comparing it to aimbots etc. If we disregard the aspect of conditions, you use it to reduce the amount of keybinds you use and whatever anyone say, fewer keybinds simplifies and thus enhances your performance. And saying that you still use 10+ buttons (10 buttons is GW2 level) is just showing how much it simplifies (I typically have 20-25 keybinds without it). I used it for potions and it will be annoying, and more difficult, to go from 3 to 5 different buttons. The reason I used it was of course that it enhanced my performance, not because of QoL.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Ads
Cultist

Post#62 » Mon May 31, 2021 10:09 am

Ok, bring it back then. I'm comfortable with either decision. Gotta say though:

I'm a bad player, got <1.0 DB ratio on most of my chars and my max MMR ratio is around 1450 (with an alt though). I've noticed I kill more now, not kidding and I believe NB automatizes many things it should not, like attacking from behind or removing buffs, etc. Just the day before it got "blocked" I discovered how to attack from behind though, that means I've not used it extensively but having said on other post it was borderline cheating:

1) it helps folks with disabilities.
2) it also helps more casual/lazy players or more hardcore ones.
3) it cannot be enterely blocked so It will be available one way or another, privately.
4) Looks like you have no means in detecting macro software (despite having our client executed w/ admin privileges) so the result is about the same.
5) Our already declining population will decrease even more.

Given those 5 points, RoR staff should consider bringing it back. The first and third points probably being the most important ones on this topic.

mogt

Post#63 » Mon May 31, 2021 10:09 am

NB is blocked very good, the players that they want NB back, give the truth answer why you want this addon back.?

if you need a skill macro, then use castsequenzer, that is a good addon too, if you have problems with the fingers.

very easy solution. if the players dont want cast squenzer, then allknow, why the NB Player want the addon back, and that is cheating

zulnam

Post#64 » Mon May 31, 2021 10:17 am

Spellbound wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:42 am You obviously haven’t tried if comparing to aimbot in 1st player shooter who kills everyone in seconds and is 115-1 in Battlefield V match w aimbot. NB or no NB, player will still kill or die the same amount. Mostly used for QOL. You still gotta use 10+ other buttons, not just spam one button.

No, I haven't. As a rule, I try not to cheat in multiplayer games.

Spellbound wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:42 am If guilds are 50/50 split, it’s a bad move then to remove it as population will get worse not better. You yourself said 50/50 shows how much population can be lost when I was generous at 10-15%.

Yes, and we should try to help them move over, not endulge in this macro chaining.

Spellbound wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:42 am If they can find a way to remove conditionals from NB, perfect. Someone however will make their own private version then gives them an advantage in secret over those using non-conditional version. Only way to remove conditionals to completely remove enemy players from showing what buffs and debuffs they have on just like keep lords were removed showing debuffs.

That’ll break Buffhead, nerfed buttons, etc then everyone is on even ground w no more conditional play.

Disable showing enemy buffs/debuffs. Solution. NB will just be a sequencer then and no one with other addons will know when a enemy has immunity.
Spoiler:
You're saying to take out the bit that gives you the information so that you can add the bit that automates your shortcut capabilities.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

nonfactor

Post#65 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:04 am

mogt wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:09 am NB is blocked very good, the players that they want NB back, give the truth answer why you want this addon back.?

if you need a skill macro, then use castsequenzer, that is a good addon too, if you have problems with the fingers.

very easy solution. if the players dont want cast squenzer, then allknow, why the NB Player want the addon back, and that is cheating
castsequenzer is blocked as well

vobex16

Post#66 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:24 am

Tosher85 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:06 am
vobex16 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:50 pm And bugusers and cheaters will find ways to bypass the gkd and other exploits without NB.
I wonder how many ppl left, who still beleave someones fairytales about NB granting an ability to avoid GCD and other "exploits". Its not even funny anymore.
I write as for such people, because they can not prove the opposite, they firmly believe in it, as for me, I knew from the official server that this is complete nonsense.

vobex16

Post#67 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:43 am

nonfactor wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:04 am
mogt wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:09 am NB is blocked very good, the players that they want NB back, give the truth answer why you want this addon back.?

castsequenzer is blocked as well
You serious? Fingers you say? just play IB or BG for example. I mean use ALL skills to achieve full efficiency of these classes than maybe you can say me something. I play many classes here i and can say: in this game many nobrain classes(123456 q e r t) that all you need play for these classes(no need NB). But also we have some classes who need \ want
use NB because they can fully unlock the potential of these classes is this your cheat? Isn't it a cheat then to use Plan B or something else? Or move morals from the third slot to the first one? Don't be ridiculous, you sound like a player who is constantly being killed by someone or something similar. Use logic and try to understand me, NB just makes it a little easier for some classes to work in comparison with others, as by the way and Plan B. And instead of pressing 30 + buttons while rolling your face on the keyboard, it allows you to press let's say *only* 25.

Tosher85

Post#68 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:44 am

vobex16 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 11:24 am
vobex16 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:50 pm And bugusers and cheaters will find ways to bypass the gkd and other exploits without NB.
I wonder how many ppl left, who still beleave someones fairytales about NB granting an ability to avoid GCD and other "exploits". Its not even funny anymore.
I write as for such people, because they can not prove the opposite, they firmly believe in it, as for me, I knew from the official server that this is complete nonsense.
Sorry, some kind of misunderstanding happened from my side :D
Last edited by Tosher85 on Mon May 31, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#69 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:49 am

Spellbound wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:01 am
I know 3 that quit and re-installed another MMO. Noticed tonight EU prime was Vanguard (100-199) vs Vanguard with Destro 40% AAO for Destro in CW when normally there are Battlehost/Warhost fights.

Dalen however has the numbers monitored and I’m sure has a better gauge over the week as it progresses.

I think you are overly dramatizing about the fact that now all the players will scatter and the population will decrease even several times. Yes, a certain number of players will leave, but the game will calmly survive even if it is 70% of today, but this will not happen either, since some part of the players will adapt and get used to these changes, some part of the players hack the system in secret from the developers ( Of course, without advertising it too much)), some part will use special third-party software and devices, and the most part will simply change the character's class. (some classes in general almost have not been suffered, such as Zealot / RP, Bw / sorc, Chosen, etc.).
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ysaran

Post#70 » Mon May 31, 2021 11:52 am

zulnam wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:32 am Can confirm I've heard talks about certain groups of people having access to an altered NB that still works.
Certain groups of ppl=everyone that actually read forum.
Check page 27 of last patchnotes to get the instruction on how make NB work again. It's not an altenate version
Zputadenti