Recent Topics

Ads

Huge lag and game unplayble

Let's talk about... everything else
Bladepower7

Huge lag and game unplayble

Post#1 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:51 am

Hello!
It's been 2 days that I have huge lag, every 4-5 sec I have another 4-5 of lag, my game becomes watching constantly ppl teleport around and my skills never land.
I didn't install or change anything on my PC recently, I test my connection, and works fine as before, I don't have this problem in any other online game that I tested.
I tried to remove all addons, reinstall the game, use VPN, and pray the dark lord, nothing changed.

I doubt is PC related since I played even a new game like RE:Village at the maximum setting, so it must be connection related, I live in Japan and few years ago I had the same problem in WoW, after 1 week of an unplayable situation (pretty much like now) the problem was between the game server and Japan, they fixed and things went back to normal.

Could this be the same? Or I should try something else? It sucks because tomorrow there in PugBowl tournament, and in this situation I'll just have guaranteed 5 ppl ignore me forever lol.
KUMA: Order Japanese Guild ---- Art of Execution: OCE/SEA Guild
Bladetemplar - KotBS 40/81 ----- Bladepower - CHO 40/82
Bladelegend - WL 40/60 ----- Bladeboss - BO 40/70

KotBS have low dps: https://imgur.com/PX59rru

Ads
Aethilmar

Re: Huge lag and game unplayble

Post#2 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:53 pm

Same basic problem. Nothing changed on my end. Internet is generally fine. No mods except SoR (updated version) and unplayable lag.

Someone has opened an issue for this on the bug tracker. Share details there as well.

For those also experiencing this issue, https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/19081

Duukar

Post#3 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:02 pm

I found using a VPN thru Paris has helped on preliminary inspection.. Same issue.. Crazy game breaking lag every 15-20 seconds especially around other players..

Kaelang

Post#4 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:13 pm

If you guys can run a traceroute and attach it to the bug tracker listing Aethilmar posted I'll see if we can have a look into it.

If this was server side, we would likely be seeing it affect everyone. But it's worth checking out as a precaution to ensure no back-end changes have had a negative impact on stability / playability.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Aethilmar

Post#5 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:08 pm

VPN seems to have helped as well. Also, as a random side note, VPN out of the UK has the lowest ping.

ravezaar

Post#6 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:54 am

I never have Lag issues but I agree the last 2 days bin really bad, seems like server lag almost but dont see ingame complaints so idk.
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Sundowner

Post#7 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:36 am

Happens to me sometimes, game starts lagging for 2 days, then back to normal. Don't really know cause of this

abezverkhiy

Post#8 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:47 am

Wait, are you saying that playing through VPN can actually be faster than playing without one?
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
Bladepower7

Post#9 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:36 pm

I tried Express VPN, NordVPN and Tunnel Bear, nothing change the situation, War start lagging as crazy from the moment I log in, no matter where, City, rvr, scenario, solo pve, different character, alone or in rvr with 100 ppl, lag is the same. I forfeit my spot in the tournament, I even took a free day from job for that, I'm so mad :(
KUMA: Order Japanese Guild ---- Art of Execution: OCE/SEA Guild
Bladetemplar - KotBS 40/81 ----- Bladepower - CHO 40/82
Bladelegend - WL 40/60 ----- Bladeboss - BO 40/70

KotBS have low dps: https://imgur.com/PX59rru

Aethilmar

Post#10 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:33 pm

Obviously you mileage may vary but I used NordVPN and picked the UK as the access point. My ping (from US west coast) went down to around 138ms. Normal ping (with packet loss) was around 148 ms. And I got varying degrees of ping from 148 to 171 by moving around various access points on the continent.

In all cases, for me at least, the packet drop issue dropped down enough that I didn't get any noticeable lag.

That said, something has changed if not for the server itself then for the ISP. I can, for example, ping other sites in France (determined by IP locators) with no VPN and have no significant packet drops.