Recent Topics

Ads

Broken sorc damage

Let's talk about... everything else
TreefAM

Re: Broken sorc damage

Post#61 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:16 am

So at the end of the day we have what
A scout sw with "higher pvp gear" while only 6.5k hp who had a guard (not in range) die to a sorc burst and then he asks "Do I look like a bad player"
Lmao this thread is precious, this literally is the type of people that get 1 shot by sorc burst which is literally countered by absorb/cleanse
Git gud

Ads
Arthem

Post#62 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:21 am

Just saw OP's health pool. 6550. As a SW you deserve to die in this screenshot. You didn't use your long range single target detaunt on the sorc. For some reason you decided that this day you will take the whole WoP damage to the face. I'm curious what was going through your mind at the time (other than tab spamming BHA)? What was the strategy here?

Asherdoom

Post#63 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:47 am

stating that Sorc is "op" while is the worst caster in game makes me laugh...

TreefAM

Post#64 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:51 am

Asherdoom wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:47 am stating that Sorc is "op" while is the worst caster in game makes me laugh...
Now this is a pretty stupid thing to say too, but whatever )

TreefAM

Post#65 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:06 am

g0tch4 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:59 am Wrong. Nobody talked about the useless resi buff. Nobody could provide screenshots of BWs doing the same damage. Nobody could bring real arguments about why the sorc should have the full rotation in spirit, while the BW has not.

That 6.5k health argument is laughable. She did 7.5k damage and didn't even use hand of ruin and in the next second chillwind would have ticked again. Making it over 9000 damage in 3s. On a target with higher tier pvp set, a resi buff and a healer.

Lots of destro lobbying going on in here. Destro defending their op sorc class. Nothing else. No proves, no screenshots, nothing. Only shouting how bad the SW is...
Fresh account with 1 post talking about lobbying is amazing
Garbage solo players crying about something that is literally countered by having a healer who doesn't sleep.
The only way a sorc can kill a target that actually has team mates and not afk bots is when that same target is punted by the sorcs tank.

Sulorie

Post#66 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:12 am

g0tch4 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:59 am
TreefAM wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:16 am So at the end of the day we have what
A scout sw with "higher pvp gear" while only 6.5k hp who had a guard (not in range) die to a sorc burst and then he asks "Do I look like a bad player"
Lmao this thread is precious, this literally is the type of people that get 1 shot by sorc burst which is literally countered by absorb/cleanse
Git gud
Wrong. Nobody talked about the useless resi buff. Nobody could provide screenshots of BWs doing the same damage. Nobody could bring real arguments about why the sorc should have the full rotation in spirit, while the BW has not.

That 6.5k health argument is laughable. She did 7.5k damage and didn't even use hand of ruin and in the next second chillwind would have ticked again. Making it over 9000 damage in 3s. On a target with higher tier pvp set, a resi buff and a healer.

Lots of destro lobbying going on in here. Destro defending their op sorc class. Nothing else. No proves, no screenshots, nothing. Only shouting how bad the SW is...
Why don't you use your 2 days old account to continue arguing? Or are you indeed someone else, just too fearful to use the main account as well?
Dying is no option.

Caduceus

Post#67 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:17 am

You were doing absolutely ZERO things to mitigate that Sorc burst. What, you were expecting people to take you serious? You played badly and got punished. The least you could've done is detaunt, and even with your glass tank you would've survived.

/thread
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

TreefAM

Post#68 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:21 am

Caduceus wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:17 am You were doing absolutely ZERO things to mitigate that Sorc burst. What, you were expecting people to take you serious? You played badly and got punished. The least you could've done is detaunt, and even with your glass tank you would've survived.

/thread
What tank "He was not in range" It's obvious this was some random solo pug environment where the tank put guard on him and left to chase healers solo
Last edited by TreefAM on Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Bozzax

Post#69 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:21 am

FS4

/end thread
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Tabelrel

Post#70 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:46 am

pikon77 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:35 am https://ibb.co/Vp6LSJw

Are the resi buffs not working? It doesn't matter at all if you have a resi buff or not, they just burst you in seconds.

It's the gloombust and impending doom being spirit damage and the swell of gloom that makes the sorc far better than the BW in single target damage. Far too good. Sure it was a lucky crit series but the good sorcs crit you a hell of a lot, even with futile strikes 3.

To me that looks very broken that the resi buff is basically useless and that they can debuff their whole rotation with one quick dot. Again, the BW cant do that. Nova and Sear are not the debuffed damage type and the dont have Swell of Gloom.
The BW can do good ST damage and here is an almost identical thread https://returnofreckoning.com/forum/vie ... =8&t=38723 but this time a BW on a Magus who had a low HP level and again was a timestamp kill. It's basically the same thread as this and with the same ways to avoid it.

I would suggest roll a Sorc and play it for yourself and i'm sure you will find they are not as consistently deadly in real combat situations as you think they are on paper or against target dummies and most of the time do not get to execute clean timestamp kills. In this game you tend to see what are the OP classes are as people gravitate to them but you don't see alot of Sorcs or BW's for that fact running around anymore, they are just not the meta. They are the ultimate glass cannons and if you reduce the damage output then you might as well delete them entirely from the game.

Yes they do more ST damage than a BW but Mythic didn't design the game with exact mirrors, the BW having better AoE capabilites and being slightly more mobile than the Sorc. I don't think you will find many BW's crying out for the Sorc's AoE abilities. You cannot match the tactics and abilities off 1 to 1 thats just not the way the classes were designed to work.
Last edited by Tabelrel on Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tabelrel Witch Elf rr84
Alixr Sorc rr86
Artful Dodger Zealot rr30xx
Kerang Blorc rr30xx

"She turned me into a Newt...but i got better”

Da Fat Squigs 2012 - 2021
Ard Az Nailz\Greenpeace Alliance (Eltharion) 2008 - 2010