Recent Topics

Ads

NerfedButtons is now only for the elite.

Let's talk about... everything else
qwerty1234

NerfedButtons is now only for the elite.

Post#1 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:01 am

There is a nerfedbuttons but only if you know the right people.
The file has been moved since it was leaked and an attempt to scrub its existence from github was made. But google has a link to it, with a description that is now dead. You can google fluxbuttons for your self or look at the google link. This was working very recently though I do not have it so can not test it.

So all they have done is taken it from the masses so that only a few have it. They turned it from everyone can use it. To only a select few can and drove off a large chunk of the population in the process. Now they have created a no win situation because I dont believe they can kill it altogether without removing all mods and they dont want to give in and allow it again since it would make others mad.
Instead of just leaving well enough alone on a mod that was in game since near release, thye drove player off banning it, will lose more players if they reintroduce it or lose players due to only some people having it and look bad on top of it. They even talked about it in the Q&A that it didnt exist. But as of at least a few days ago it does.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fluxbut ... CAY&uact=5

Yes I made a new account to post this and those that want to discredit this or silence it will latch onto that. In a small community as RoR is I think its pretty obvious why I would post this anon.

Ads
Phantasm

Re: NerfedButtons is now only for the elite.

Post#2 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:04 am

Conspiracy theory continues :)

Dabbart

Post#3 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:21 am

Just cause you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. Not a CT, FLuxButtons exists and technically works. It uses a scannable QR code in the top left of your screen. Install/set-up is a little on the complicated side, but it works. Allows NB to use conditionals. I tested it with Stack both off and def, HP%, and potion stacking all work.

It is buggy as hell, lags, will put things on CD if you try to type in Chat, wont work with a host of other Addons, breaks with some pots, only works on some hotkeys, and requires a substantial level of work everytime you respec.

Personally, I'm using the RoR sequencer. It doesn't do all that I want it too, but it is far less buggy than NB ever was, even before FluxButtons.

Now, that doesn't solve the issue OP raised however. If Fluxbuttons is worked on privately to the point where it works better than NB used to, or a different work around is developed, what is the long-term solution?

No, I wont send random PMs the Fluxbuttons files. If a Dev/GM wants to contact me, plz do so, I'm also on the ror disco.

Edit: I didn't make, or have anything to do with FluxButtons. I did DL and test it though.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

nonfactor

Post#4 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:33 am

snitch

Twohandernoob

Post#5 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:49 am

Dabbart wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:21 am Just cause you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. Not a CT, FLuxButtons exists and technically works. It uses a scannable QR code in the top left of your screen. Install/set-up is a little on the complicated side, but it works. Allows NB to use conditionals. I tested it with Stack both off and def, HP%, and potion stacking all work.

It is buggy as hell, lags, will put things on CD if you try to type in Chat, wont work with a host of other Addons, breaks with some pots, only works on some hotkeys, and requires a substantial level of work everytime you respec.

Personally, I'm using the RoR sequencer. It doesn't do all that I want it too, but it is far less buggy than NB ever was, even before FluxButtons.

Now, that doesn't solve the issue OP raised however. If Fluxbuttons is worked on privately to the point where it works better than NB used to, or a different work around is developed, what is the long-term solution?

No, I wont send random PMs the Fluxbuttons files. If a Dev/GM wants to contact me, plz do so, I'm also on the ror disco.

Edit: I didn't make, or have anything to do with FluxButtons. I did DL and test it though.
Did you just create an anonymous post (with elaborate explanation why anonymous) and then reply with your own account? :D

billyk

Post#6 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:17 am

lol it's obvious the usual suspects (eg. a certain well-known Choppa) still use NB. Others use something similar but not the same. But most players don't use it (Note that you usually won't burst immediately when you attack Destro now).
Protip: Keep an eye on your combat log. You'll see it immediately. NB = you get hit with a bunch of stuff by the same toon at the same time.

Trying to keep Destro griefers from griefing is a entertaining but ultimately futile idea.

Azary1

Post#7 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:29 am

I would like to receive any comment from the server administration. This is not the first time such messages appear from time to time and are discussed in the discord of different guilds.

I would not like to think that someone has an advantage. And if there is, I would like to know that those who use it are punished for it

saupreusse
Developer

Post#8 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:00 am

Azary1 wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:29 am I would like to receive any comment from the server administration. This is not the first time such messages appear from time to time and are discussed in the discord of different guilds.

I would not like to think that someone has an advantage. And if there is, I would like to know that those who use it are punished for it
They did in the last qna. They said they dont think theres a working nb version.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:24 am

billyk wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:17 am
Protip: Keep an eye on your combat log. You'll see it immediately. NB = you get hit with a bunch of stuff by the same toon at the same time.

So every sorc and bw hitting you uses NB, got it!
Btw, welcome to the game, you must be new.
Dying is no option.

Omegus

Post#10 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:11 am

Going from the Google cache of the Github page (no working download link, don't get excited), it looks like it uses client injection, so it's not an add-on but now a hack? In which case, there are far worse things you can do with hacks (and far better ways of un-doing the NB fixes). Or is it just injecting into the process to read the QR code?

Regardless, when the devs went down this path it was always the case that NerfedButtons could be reimplemented using a third party that rebound your keys on the fly provided you could find a way of getting information out of the client. There are still I believe some unpatched ways of doing it "legitimately" (i.e. not injecting into the client process, and yes they have been reported), but using a QR code is a clever trick even if it does take up space on the screen.

Personally I'm amused at the insane lengths people are going to in order to get NerfedButtons-like functionality back in the game. For the sake of ROR as a whole you really don't want to be encouraging people to run third-party tools that inject into the client...
Zomega: RR8x Zealot